Biggest surprise of week 1

Optimal62

11 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

That’s a weird hill to die upon, but you do you.

What hill do you speak of?  How was that not an objective view of what VA High fans have seen the past 2 weeks. 

4 hours ago, GMan said:

Seriously??  Lee is terrible, as usual...

Lee finished the season on a high note last year and returned a bunch of players. Their HC had success at Marion. I expected them to be much better.

13 hours ago, Unchained said:

Lee finished the season on a high note last year and returned a bunch of players. Their HC had success at Marion. I expected them to be much better.

Its a 4+ year rebuild at Lee. They are better than under the previous HC but they've got a long way to go before they're competitive with the top teams in the region.

On 8/27/2022 at 12:43 PM, Unchained said:

Marion easily over Chilhowie and Union by 41 over what is supposed to be a rising Lee squad. I expected the game to be much closer.

Little league championships don't always equal high school championships......

3 hours ago, redtiger said:

Its a 4+ year rebuild at Lee. They are better than under the previous HC but they've got a long way to go before they're competitive with the top teams in the region.

Lee is going to be much improved this year. Will you see it against Union, Ridgeview, or Abingdon. Probably not. Does this mean I expect them to go 7-3, not really but I do think that is their ceiling. I think Gate City, Central and PH are the toss up games. They may not win all of those but I dont expect it to be 4 score games like it has been in the past. Carroll has a young QB that is only going to get better and a systems that has consistently scored points. If they can tighten down of defense they will be in a lot of games and will be in a battle for the 3 seed in the mountain 7

4 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Lee is going to be much improved this year. Will you see it against Union, Ridgeview, or Abingdon. Probably not. Does this mean I expect them to go 7-3, not really but I do think that is their ceiling. I think Gate City, Central and PH are the toss up games. They may not win all of those but I dont expect it to be 4 score games like it has been in the past. Carroll has a young QB that is only going to get better and a systems that has consistently scored points. If they can tighten down of defense they will be in a lot of games and will be in a battle for the 3 seed in the mountain 7

Lee may very well be an improved team but to say they will be in a battle for the 3 seed is a BIG reach.  Honestly, their game with Battle will probably be a battle for the 6 seed in the M7.

Just now, Observer said:

Lee may very well be an improved team but to say they will be in a battle for the 3 seed is a BIG reach.  Honestly, their game with Battle will probably be a battle for the 6 seed in the M7.

I think them battle and gate city will for sure be fighting for that 4th spot in the play offs. I said 3 seed just because I am not sure about central. They graduated a ton and I could see them slipping against either gate city or Lee. Thats just my opinion I could be wrong on central they could not miss a beat but anytime a high school team graduates that much I expect them to take a step back the following season. 

35 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

I agree. If Lee can fix some things on defense they could possibly fight for the 3 seed (minus abingdon), but I haven't watched Central to see how they are.