Bluefield @ Richlands

EH31

16 hours ago, bleedblue89 said:

10 hours ago, Tornado 🌪 99 said:

Ignorance is bliss I guess 😐🤫

Man, you’re viewing Richlands sports through some serious blue colored glasses. I’m a born, raised, live, eat and breath Richlands faithful, but also a realist. The dominating glory days in football or any sport has past this town by and ain’t coming back. 

Take them glasses off so you can see clearer, because your ignorance is far from bliss. It’s embarrassing. 

2 hours ago, Tornado 🌪 99 said:

My view comes from being highly involved in youth sports in Richlands I see it daily, sorry your too detached to know. 🫤🫤

I am not knocking a single kid out there but how many times does everywhere say watch out for the middle schoolers when they get to high school or this year's 8th grade is awesome just for that talent to never develop or go anywhere

2 hours ago, Tornado 🌪 99 said:

My view comes from being highly involved in youth sports in Richlands I see it daily, sorry your too detached to know. 🫤🫤

Me too homie, deeply involved on every level, youth and high school. I just see it for what it is. Maybe you’ve got the daddy goggles on too, that could totally explain your skewed completely unrealistic viewpoint. 

Come back to this post in about 3, 4 or 5 or 10 years and I’ll totally tell you I told you so. 

I believe some of the differing opinions come from perspective. Thinking conservatively, I see a return to the norm for the area. In other words, I think it will be cyclical with some strong years and some lean years. Currently, I see some talent.  I see replicating the glory days of consistent regional championships as a long shot. Moves, injuries, politics, burnout, etc, can drastically alter varsity results. Some talented kids may hit early growth spurts and dominate early and fade as others catch up. Sometimes the competition improves.

1 hour ago, Tornado 🌪 99 said:

I’m calling BS on that dude cause if your involved as you say then you’d know. You should move on up the road plenty of friends in T-Town that are as delusional as you are. 

He seems like a pretty knowledgeable and level headed person. Therefore I would recommend skipping T-Town and come on up to Graham. 

1 hour ago, Tornado 🌪 99 said:

I’m calling BS on that dude cause if your involved as you say then you’d know. You should move on up the road plenty of friends in T-Town that are as delusional as you are. 

There’s no if to it man. I know the facts. 

Middle school football has only won games against weak competition. Beating Honaker and Tazewell and getting their clocks cleaned by Graham, Bluefield, Abingdon, isn’t exactly a ticket to a state championship in 4 years.

The little guys winning with a schedule  against Grundy, Hurley,Honaker, Lebanon and Tazewell isn’t exactly something to be bragging about and placing bets on their future. Anthony Cox ruined the youth program and whoever is over it now isn’t making it better. Get those kids to Graham, Bluefield and Abingdon, play some competitive teams. Get them ready for the high school level. Heck, the little quarterback for the youth program spends his Friday nights watching GMan football, not Richlands. 

If all your worried about is beating Tazewell then you can keep up your trash talk about them, have at it.  But your delusional if you think it’s getting any better for the Blues in the future. 

Honestly, not throwing off on the kids, they work their tail off everyday. They can’t help it when the adults in their life place unrealistic expectations on them. 

2 hours ago, bleedblue89 said:

Come back to this post in about 3, 4 or 5 or 10 years and I’ll totally tell you I told you so. 

Statistically — that’s unlikely lol. A vast minority of registered posters actually hit the decade mark from what I’ve seen. 

6 hours ago, stu_bean said:

I am not knocking a single kid out there but how many times does everywhere say watch out for the middle schoolers when they get to high school or this year's 8th grade is awesome just for that talent to never develop or go anywhere

It’s almost as if the best 13-year-olds aren’t always the best 17-year-olds.  Funny how that often happens…

4 hours ago, bleedblue89 said:

There’s no if to it man. I know the facts. 

Middle school football has only won games against weak competition. Beating Honaker and Tazewell and getting their clocks cleaned by Graham, Bluefield, Abingdon, isn’t exactly a ticket to a state championship in 4 years.

The little guys winning with a schedule  against Grundy, Hurley,Honaker, Lebanon and Tazewell isn’t exactly something to be bragging about and placing bets on their future. Anthony Cox ruined the youth program and whoever is over it now isn’t making it better. Get those kids to Graham, Bluefield and Abingdon, play some competitive teams. Get them ready for the high school level. Heck, the little quarterback for the youth program spends his Friday nights watching GMan football, not Richlands. 

If all your worried about is beating Tazewell then you can keep up your trash talk about them, have at it.  But your delusional if you think it’s getting any better for the Blues in the future. 

Honestly, not throwing off on the kids, they work their tail off everyday. They can’t help it when the adults in their life place unrealistic expectations on them. 

There are surely some facts here, but also some opinions. I can’t comment on the middle school record, but I will take your word for it.

As far as the little league, I can’t say whether anyone ruined it or is making it better. I will say there are several hardworking individuals who care for the kids. How do you make it better? That, I can’t say. It begins on how you define success in the accomplishment of your mission. If the goal is to win state championships, then I feel this expectation is somewhat unrealistic and simplistic. My opinion, which counts for nothing, is that you cannot control your talent. The best you can do is to develop what you have to the potential. This might be controversial, but if the singular goal is to stack a super team to win a state title, you miss the point. Doing things like strategically holding back certain players, recruiting, or only meeting the needs of your own children at the expense of the rest is counterproductive. If the goal is to develop as many kids as possible through the game, to be strong men, good husbands and fathers, who learn to work together for a common goal, you can’t go wrong. I think the biggest obstacles aren’t related to those involved past or currently, but the ones who are not. Playing better teams costs time and money that those who aren’t involved aren’t contributing. I do think you can learn many of these lessons by playing who is available. 
 Stepping off my soapbox, the talent is what it is. Not being inflammatory, but what is the solution?

Bluefield player flipped off a student after the game when the student yelled “you’re 1-4, you still suck” to a group of players celebrating like they had won the Super Bowl lol. 

High school sports are the best. 😂

8 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Bluefield player flipped off a student after the game when the student yelled “you’re 1-4, you still suck” to a group of players celebrating like they had won the Super Bowl lol. 

Bluefield is 1-4 and has lost 3 of those games by a combined 9 points. -14 PD on the year after tonight. 

Richlands is 1-4 and hasn’t played a competitive ballgame since Week 1. -100 PD after tonight. 

Big difference in the teams behind those records. Neither team should be celebrating much of anything regardless

Just now, Austrian Ben Shapiro said:

Bluefield is 1-4 and has lost 3 of those games by a combined 9 points. -14 PD on the year after tonight. 

Richlands is 1-4 and hasn’t played a competitive ballgame since Week 1. -100 PD after tonight. 

Big difference in the teams behind those records. Neither team should be celebrating much of anything regardless

Oh yeah. Neither team is “good” at all. 

4 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

This is why the game will always be the best. 

9 hours ago, buck_up said:

Richlands has the worst coaching staff in the state of Virginia out of all classifications. 

Is this you, Aaron Lowe? Or is it Anthony Cox? 

At this point, Tarter should step aside and let you two have at it. No one should have the torches and pitchforks aimed at them over this team, it’s not worth the crucifixion from delusional fans, parents and salty fired old coaches. 

10 hours ago, buck_up said:

Richlands has the worst coaching staff in the state of Virginia out of all classifications. 

I personally think Tarter is doing the best he can with what he's got. They're steadily improving & it's not a knock on the players, they're obviously working hard, it's just not a talent loaded team as in past years. I'm really not understanding all the hate directed at Tarter from some on this board. 

30 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I personally think Tarter is doing the best he can with what he's got. They're steadily improving & it's not a knock on the players, they're obviously working hard, it's just not a talent loaded team as in past years. I'm really not understanding all the hate directed at Tarter from some on this board. 

They went for it on 3 different 4th & longs ran the ball all 3 times. Mind boggling to say the least. 

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

Can the QB pass well? 

The QB threw back to back INTs and the play before that he fumbled it. They have no passing game, it makes sense to run it when the QB is getting sacked or turning it over 90% of the time. Manceball does not jive with the current makeup of this team, they’d be even worse if they were committed to the spread. 

Just now, Austrian Ben Shapiro said:

The QB threw back to back INTs and the play before that he fumbled it. They have no passing game, it makes sense to run it when the QB is getting sacked or turning it over 90% of the time. Manceball does not jive with the current makeup of this team, they’d be even worse if they were committed to the spread. 

Those back to back INTs came after big 4th down stops by the defense as well, when they were down 14-3 and could’ve got back in the game. 

The 3 straight turnovers is what led to Brown moving to QB and running two pretty good drives to close out the game.