Tazewell @ Riverheads

Iceman2553

Creasy should be back for this one.  He dressed Friday night and could have played if needed, but Moss and the offense moved the ball well enough to take that option off the table.  So Tazewell this week should more resemble a standard Tazewell setup, perhaps with some wrinkles learned from Creasy’s absence.

That being said, Tazewell gets the honor of playing Riverheads (1) coming off a bye and (2) coming off a loss.  What fun!  My hopes are (1) keep everyone healthy and (2) give a solid account of themselves.  Anything above that would be gravy.

7 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Is Cook-Cash playing for Riverheads this week?

Maybe I'm wrong but if he is out and with Creasy return, I think they stand a chance.  They are mostly a run team that executes very well.  Defensively we have a stout run defense.  If we can stay on the field for some offense then I do think the possibility is there.

Sadly won't get to make it as the good ole Burkes Garden Festival has me tied up.  Worst part is where we setup no cell service to be able to watch it 😞 

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Maybe I'm wrong but if he is out and with Creasy return, I think they stand a chance.  They are mostly a run team that executes very well.  Defensively we have a stout run defense.  If we can stay on the field for some offense then I do think the possibility is there.

Sadly won't get to make it as the good ole Burkes Garden Festival has me tied up.  Worst part is where we setup no cell service to be able to watch it 😞 

Tazewell has to remain gap disciplined with them.  They’ve shown the capability to do so when their lines are strong, but Riverheads’s execution is the best I’ve seen in high school football around here.

Tazewell won’t lose by 50; that is an asinine prediction.  It’s going to be exceptionally tough and will require flawless execution.

I have not heard anything on the injury to CCC but that shouldn’t matter to be honest. Riverheads line play needs to improve and the defense is still trying to find its legs so a tight game isn’t out of the question for sure. I would expect the Bulldogs to show well. All those coming up enjoy the game and safe travels 

Tazewell did a decent job today. Defense did well & had some great stops. Creasy had some really timely passes & runs himself. I liked the variety on offense.  It wasn’t a win but Tazewell should still be pleased with their overall performance in my opinion. 

18 minutes ago, THS6805 said:

I think defense done real well. The offense has to do more variety. There was couple series they was vanilla. But overall Im happy with results.

My favorite call was the 3rd-and-long screen pass.  I haven’t seen that call since 2019, and it moved the chains on the drive.  Executed perfectly and took advantage of Riverheads’s overpursuit.

On 9/24/2022 at 3:55 PM, UVAObserver said:

You know what they say about stopped clocks?  They’re wrong 1438 times per day.

That was before the CCC injury there dingbat. Still not as wrong as you were about the COVID basketball season. May have been worst opinion ever.