Pulaski vs Graham (Thursday)

Gridiron60

1 minute ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Calpreps predicts 35-14 score. 

Wonder what they had the Graham/VH game? If it was accurate or not. Someone , maybe you said as the season progresses it gets more accurate but I don’t know at what point that happens. It also doesn’t account for players who are out, weather, penalities, etc. so many factors can determine the outcome but hey, I’ll take 35-14 if that’s what it ends up being, lol. I think it could be close. Glad it’s at Mitchell. Those Thursday night away games are for the birds. 

16 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Wonder what they had the Graham/VH game? If it was accurate or not. Someone , maybe you said as the season progresses it gets more accurate but I don’t know at what point that happens. It also doesn’t account for players who are out, weather, penalities, etc. so many factors can determine the outcome but hey, I’ll take 35-14 if that’s what it ends up being, lol. I think it could be close. Glad it’s at Mitchell. Those Thursday night away games are for the birds. 

Yep it gets more accurate, but it can't account for new injuries/players out.  It had Graham by 22 over Virginia High.

5 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I was just picking at you in good natured fun but I certainly hope you’re right with that prediction. On a side note, any word on how Dixon is doing? I hope his health issues are better. Heck of a coach, I hated he couldn’t stay coaching. It seems coaching staff is doing pretty well this season though even without him at the helm. 

I really haven’t heard much but I’m sure that when he gets better he’ll be on the sidelines again. I can see him staying in SWVA.

Gonna be 48 degrees up there at kickoff and drop to about 39 by halftime. I hope NFHS Network works well and is on its game tonight, because I'm saving my Mitchell Stadium trip for Ridgeview vs Bluefield.  I'm gonna hit Double Gates Grocery and the hotdogs hard for that Ridgeview game. I start with 5 dogs, then get 5 more to go for the parking lot at the game.  My wife eats 3 and she's only a buck ten.

49 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Gonna be 48 degrees up there at kickoff and drop to about 39 by halftime. I hope NFHS Network works well and is on its game tonight, because I'm saving my Mitchell Stadium trip for Ridgeview vs Bluefield.  I'm gonna hit Double Gates Grocery and the hotdogs hard for that Ridgeview game. I start with 5 dogs, then get 5 more to go for the parking lot at the game.  My wife eats 3 and she's only a buck ten.

They are delicious!

Calpreps had this score 35-14.  Final was 41-14.  Graham just locked up a 10-0 season with that win and if they lose before the state semifinals, that loss will have to come on Graham's home field.  The QB for Graham is a very capable backup.  I think their starter has better wheels when he gets turned out around the corner or when he cuts up field to run.  

Graham has thrown more short balls this year, just a simple 7 step and out by the WR who then sets down in coverage.  I've seen that more from Graham this year than any year Palmer has been the head coach.  Graham has such great athletes that it's incredibly difficult to stop that pass and if the defense cheats up, the long ball can open up.  Very good offensive gameplan by Palmer and staff, and it hasn't been talked about much on here this season, but Palmer has evolved offensively.  What Graham has morphed into from past seasons offensively, but now being a run first offense due to its strong points in talent this year, and mixing in the short passes is absolutely something a bit different for Palmer and staff offensively.  That's very, very good coaching in my opinion.  Those "set down" routes of the 5 and 8 yd variety are open all day long for Graham.  

12 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

With no injuries or stupid shit on either side I'll be very surprised if radford and Graham don't face off

Haven't really seen much on Radford....they have a lot of speed?

3 hours ago, BBHoops_18 said:

They said that last time and we saw what happened and Radford still has to get through Appomattox.

The article posted above sort of eludes they expect to be state champions. Crist really lucked up getting to coach at Radford with all that talent. The support coaching staff must be really good.

There’s still a lot of football to be played before Salem. I’m not saying Radford makes or not, they may but have to win region , state semifinal, & championship  before claiming the trophy. 

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Baylor must be a stud if he's committed to Tech. If both Graham and Radford make the run and face off. I won't miss that one. 

Just now, Graham32 said:

Baylor must be a stud if he's committed to Tech. If both Graham and Radford make the run and face off. I won't miss that one. 

Radford has talent to spare. If we meet, I hope we can contain that talent, lol! 

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Radford has talent to spare. If we meet, I hope we can contain that talent, lol! 

Talent like King William had last year? I mean Claiborne was a different animal. 

Region D is a lot closer than the power points reflect.  Several games throughout the season could have completely shuffled what's in line now. Just a play or two here and there.  Playoffs are going to be very good games I believe.  Graham and RV obviously get the nod at/near the top.  I think Gate city, union, vhs, central,  and Lee given the right circumstances and events during a game can cause a lot of issues.  November brings on a different mindset. Good luck to all