Great City!!!

BandanaVTDavis4321

9 hours ago, Ol hardnose said:

Akers laid a great foundation down there.

He sure laid somethin.

In all seriousness, it's amazing that last year GC only fielded 28 players and bumped that up to 60 this year with a 7-2 record and playing for a District title next Friday night. There are alot of young guys contributing also so these boys may be around for awhile. No matter what happens the rest of the way, I'm tickled to death for those kids, the coaches and the community.

Gate City fans, who is the kid that lines up at WR and makes the take away catches?  He reminds me of Scotty Ball from Richlands.  Kid highpoints the ball perfectly and has glue-hands.  I watched him do it on Union, Abingdon, and now Central.  He really does remind me of a Scotty Ball clone at receiver.

3 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Gate City fans, who is the kid that lines up at WR and makes the take away catches?  He reminds me of Scotty Ball from Richlands.  Kid highpoints the ball perfectly and has glue-hands.  I watched him do it on Union, Abingdon, and now Central.  He really does remind me of a Scotty Ball clone at receiver.

Is it Eli Starnes? Heard he was a very physical WR with great hands, but I haven’t seen Gate City this year!!

5 hours ago, #BBN said:

Is it Eli Starnes? Heard he was a very physical WR with great hands, but I haven’t seen Gate City this year!!

I'm not sure of the name because I turn down any audio that might be available on NFHS and just watch it, but yes, he is physical and just takes the ball away from defenders, highpoints the football perfectly.  

Holy cow!  Watching NFHS just now during the first half Central should have been up 24-14 going into the half. 

Near 5:00 mark 3rd quarter, 21-7 GC.  should be 24-21 until GC picked up lateral/Backwards pass called incomplete.  Bad call, cost them 6 on a scoop and score would be 31-7.

Central hung in there, just couldn't catch a break and forced a bad throw late to all but seal it for GC.  

This game much closer than the score.