Playoff Projection

SamJackson

A tough season for football in Smyth County will come to an end Friday.  If Graham defeats Marion, Patrick Henry wins against Northwood, & Holston defeats Chilhowie, that would give the county schools a combined 4-26 record with 2/4 of the wins being for Marion and Northwood over Chilhowie.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

The most eye opening part of this prediction is the premise that Richlands makes the playoffs, and everyone is perfectly ok with that. Poor Central. 😂

Graham vs Richlands/Central

I apologize but it really doesn't matter who is the 8th seed.  

26 minutes ago, footballfan1 said:

A tough season for football in Smyth County will come to an end Friday.  If Graham defeats Marion, Patrick Henry wins against Northwood, & Holston defeats Chilhowie, that would give the county schools a combined 4-26 record with 2/4 of the wins being for Marion and Northwood over Chilhowie.

Meanwhile in Scott County, I think Twin Springs is 6-2, Rye Cove is 8-1, Gate City is 7-2 for a combined record of 21-5.

17 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Either way we're one and done imo

I agree.  Our best chance of beating 1 of the 3 top teams (GW, Galax, Grayson) is Grayson in my opinion.  We aren't beating any of the 3, but if we were to pull a big upset regarding chances, Grayson would be the one within the ballpark imo.  

7 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I agree.  Our best chance of beating 1 of the 3 top teams (GW, Galax, Grayson) is Grayson in my opinion.  We aren't beating any of the 3, but if we were to pull a big upset regarding chances, Grayson would be the one within the ballpark imo.  

I was talking about narrows or Grayson 

9 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

The most eye opening part of this prediction is the premise that Richlands makes the playoffs, and everyone is perfectly ok with that. Poor Central. 😂

I’m picking Grundy over Central and not thinking a thing about it lol. Grundy is good. Central is not. 😂

1C and 1D appear to be very intriguing possible matchups.  In 2D, Union might be the closest match for Graham, but I still believe it’s clearly Graham by a couple touchdowns over the field. It’s scary how much they seemed to improve while already a force to be reckoned with throughout the season.

13 minutes ago, tornado99 said:

1C and 1D appear to be very intriguing possible matchups.  In 2D, Union might be the closest match for Graham, but I still believe it’s clearly Graham by a couple touchdowns over the field. It’s scary how much they seemed to improve while already a force to be reckoned with throughout the season.

Graham has improved but still plagued by penalties. In a close playoff game, that can cost a team. In my opinion their D line is best in recent years. O Line very strong too. Some great speedsters too. Special teams is getting better but still could use some improvements. I think the coaches and players deserve a lot of credit especially against VA High overcoming difficult circumstances. I’m hoping they stay healthy & injury free. 

As far as the match ups, I’m anxious to see how 1D & 2D finally shake out after Friday night. A lot of fun & new match ups possible! 

8 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Meanwhile in Scott County, I think Twin Springs is 6-2, Rye Cove is 8-1, Gate City is 7-2 for a combined record of 21-5.

RC is 7-1 due to Twin Valley being unable to complete their season.

On 11/1/2022 at 2:00 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Certainly no intention to trash talk Smyth County., just noticed the combined records and saw that it has been a difficult season for them.  Props go out to all three Scott County teams this Fall.