Who does Graham play friday

ghs73

1 hour ago, Hard Hitter said:

I dont think so, just because they gave taz a game doesnt mean a hill of beans!!! taz and marion are closer in talent that marion and graham. 

Ask Richlands who struggled the first half.  Ask V High who didn't even score until 30 sec left in the half.  Talent difference is a huge gap.  Think the Dogs went in over confident as did the other schools.  Marion has some players but their offensive scheme does not match up with the talent they have.  Get them from out under center and open the pass up more and they would have won a few more games.

1 hour ago, Hard Hitter said:

I dont think so, just because they gave taz a game doesnt mean a hill of beans!!! taz and marion are closer in talent that marion and graham. 

Did you know that Marion has been within 1 score during the 3rd quarter in 8 of their 9 games this season? Of course you didn’t. 

Marion’s coach is more knowledgeable in game planning than most in the area. So when someone says “Marion will give them more than they expect, but Graham will still roll..” I think that’s probably fair to say and don’t take it as a slight. 

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Ask Richlands who struggled the first half.  Ask V High who didn't even score until 30 sec left in the half.  Talent difference is a huge gap.  Think the Dogs went in over confident as did the other schools.  Marion has some players but their offensive scheme does not match up with the talent they have.  Get them from out under center and open the pass up more and they would have won a few more games.

Graham will play uninspired football on Friday.  I think Marion will keep it close early but Graham will pull away in the second half.

2 hours ago, SamJackson said:

Graham will play uninspired football on Friday. 

Okay, lol! I feel like the coaches have the team focused on the task at hand. Marion may be better than their record indicates but in my opinion Graham will come out ready to make a statement. I could be wrong, GMen could put on a lackluster performance. I just highly doubt it. I'll guess we'll see. I'm just glad there's not going to be a deluge. Last game, was a mud bath there. You couldn't even tell the teams apart much less read numbers of jerseys. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Okay, lol! I feel like the coaches have the team focused on the task at hand. Marion may be better than their record indicates but in my opinion Graham will come out ready to make a statement. I could be wrong, GMen could put on a lackluster performance. I just highly doubt it. I'll guess we'll see. I'm just glad there's not going to be a deluge. Last game, was a mud bath there. You couldn't even tell the teams apart much less read numbers of jerseys. 

And played out much closer than everyone thought at well. 26-14 or something like that. That was 2018 Carrolls last game at Marion. I can see this game being close up until the second half. If Marion holds on to the ball and limits Grahams TOP that is. Marions defense has held its own against spread formation this season with the exception of Grayson which was mostly due to crappy field position. When Grahams decides they are just going to run the ball in that tackle over look like they did against VA high thats when it will get ugly. As a fan I am hoping they work on their passing game before that happens and Marion is able to hang in there on defense a little. Hopefully Marion can build some confidence going into the offseason with a lot of talent returning and year 2 in a system. 

26 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

And played out much closer than everyone thought at well. 26-14 or something like that. That was 2018 Carrolls last game at Marion. I can see this game being close up until the second half. If Marion holds on to the ball and limits Grahams TOP that is. Marions defense has held its own against spread formation this season with the exception of Grayson which was mostly due to crappy field position. When Grahams decides they are just going to run the ball in that tackle over look like they did against VA high thats when it will get ugly. As a fan I am hoping they work on their passing game before that happens and Marion is able to hang in there on defense a little. Hopefully Marion can build some confidence going into the offseason with a lot of talent returning and year 2 in a system. 

The Grayson game has been the only game that Marion hasn’t been within 1 score in the 3rd quarter. That’s great coaching and game planning. 

On 11/2/2022 at 9:23 AM, EH31 said:

Did you know that Marion has been within 1 score during the 3rd quarter in 8 of their 9 games this season? Of course you didn’t. 

Marion’s coach is more knowledgeable in game planning than most in the area. So when someone says “Marion will give them more than they expect, but Graham will still roll..” I think that’s probably fair to say and don’t take it as a slight. 

So far I wouldn't say Marion is giving Graham more than they expected.

4 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

that dude comes off pretty arrogant but i don't think he was really that far off in his assessment. 

Your opinion is ok with me.

All I was adding to the conversation is that most people would look at Marion’s record and think they were just a lay down team and wouldn’t know that they’ve actually been within 1 score in 8 of their 9 games. That’s pretty impressive for a team that doesn’t have a ton of talent and depth.