Question for Graham fans.

Real Sasquatch

41 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

I only know of satterfield who’s playing and Huff but he’s been here since 7th grade and his dad went to Appy 

Satterfield, a Back and a Linemen from Lee Co, 2 from Rye Cove, Huff, one who was attending school in Dickenson Co at one point, and I'm sure there are some others. 

Some may have moved in Middle School which is not as big of a deal as if they transferred later but they moved to play football at Union which is ultimately the same thing. Lets not act like they were all born and raised in BSG or Appy.

58 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Satterfield, a Back and a Linemen from Lee Co, 2 from Rye Cove, Huff, one who was attending school in Dickenson Co at one point, and I'm sure there are some others. 

Some may have moved in Middle School which is not as big of a deal as if they transferred later but they moved to play football at Union which is ultimately the same thing. Lets not act like they were all born and raised in BSG or Appy.

I’m sure there are but you’re making a bigger deal out of my statement then what was meant.  I don’t really care who goes where unless someone is doing it illegally and I don’t think that’s happening anywhere to the best of my knowledge 

1 hour ago, redtiger said:

Mason Polier is another notable one to come from Lee. Cochran and Keith Chandler also came from Lee

9 minutes ago, generallyspeaking said:

Mason Polier is another notable one to come from Lee. Cochran and Keith Chandler also came from Lee

I was just looking at the current roster, if we go back then there are quite a few. 

14 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

I’m sure there are but you’re making a bigger deal out of my statement then what was meant.  I don’t really care who goes where unless someone is doing it illegally and I don’t think that’s happening anywhere to the best of my knowledge 

Im not making a big deal out of it, you said "I think Union has had maybe 5 kids transfer in 10 years" which is obviously FAR from the truth. 

You then said "I only know of satterfield who’s playing and Huff but he’s been here since 7th grade and his dad went to Appy", obviously you weren't in the know. 

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

So you have one account for supporting George Wythe and another account for supporting Graham?  That's weird.

Well, make that 3 accounts.  Which school does this one support?

Theoretically, couldn't three people  live in the same household use a shared computer & each have their own account but have same IP address? 

14 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Im not making a big deal out of it, you said "I think Union has had maybe 5 kids transfer in 10 years" which is obviously FAR from the truth. 

You then said "I only know of satterfield who’s playing and Huff but he’s been here since 7th grade and his dad went to Appy", obviously you weren't in the know. 

👍 

50 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

The VHSL Transfer Rule (28A-7-1) is pretty simple and straightforward:

”The student shall not have enrolled in one high school and subsequently transferred to and enrolled in another high school without a corresponding change in the residence of his/her parents, parent, or guardian.”  If a student does transfer without a change in residence, that student must sit 1 full year before participating in any such sport.  If any player is found to have violated this rule, all games in which said student participated are forfeited.  

There are two issues that arise:

(1) The VHSL has nowhere close to the manpower required to police this.  You’d honestly need about 20-30 compliance agents to ensure that any such claims are thoroughly investigated, and I’d be surprised if the VHSL has 1.  If it’s happening, good luck getting enough evidence.

(2) Anyone of average technological skill  can fake the “indicia of residency” required to bypass the mandatory 1-year period.  I can use editing programs to make my billing address appear to be Buckingham Palace if I wanted to.  Again, who’s policing this?  

I’d say at least half of schools in SWVA have knowingly and willfully broken this rule in some sport in the last 25 years.  Some very brazenly, some less so.

49 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

The VHSL Transfer Rule (28A-7-1) is pretty simple and straightforward:

”The student shall not have enrolled in one high school and subsequently transferred to and enrolled in another high school without a corresponding change in the residence of his/her parents, parent, or guardian.”  If a student does transfer without a change in residence, that student must sit 1 full year before participating in any such sport.  If any player is found to have violated this rule, all games in which said student participated are forfeited.  

There are two issues that arise:

(1) The VHSL has nowhere close to the manpower required to police this.  You’d honestly need about 20-30 compliance agents to ensure that any such claims are thoroughly investigated, and I’d be surprised if the VHSL has 1.  If it’s happening, good luck getting enough evidence.

(2) Anyone of average technological skill  can fake the “indicia of residency” required to bypass the mandatory 1-year period.  I can use editing programs to make my billing address appear to be Buckingham Palace if I wanted to.  Again, who’s policing this?  

I’d say at least half of schools in SWVA have knowingly and willfully broken this rule in some sport in the last 25 years.  Some very brazenly, some less so.

Oh I’m sure it’s happening plenty that I’ve not heard about.  Guess it’s not as big a deal if alot of schools are doing it 

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

Theoretically, yes.  But I have rock solid information that’s not the case here.

Are you saying you have insider information? Like a spy in Wytheville? This could make for a good novel or a Netflix original. 😂😂😂😂 I honestly enjoy most everyone's posts & contributions on here even if some are coming from the same person with multiple accounts or  from someone with a single account. I don't necessarily agree with everyone all the time but I like to read the comments. I will even occasionally keep scrolling without commenting. I learned that lesson on FB. 😂😂😂😂

59 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Are you saying you have insider information? Like a spy in Wytheville? This could make for a good novel or a Netflix original. 😂😂😂😂 I honestly enjoy most everyone's posts & contributions on here even if some are coming from the same person with multiple accounts or  from someone with a single account. I don't necessarily agree with everyone all the time but I like to read the comments. I will even occasionally keep scrolling without commenting. I learned that lesson on FB. 😂😂😂😂

I have 2 accounts only because my phone won’t let me in on my old account lol

• GMan locked this topic