Lebanon @ Twin Springs

Pioneer

I know Twin Springs is the higher seed in this one, but I feel like Lebanon can win this one. I think Lebanon's passing game will give the titans fits. These two teams ayed back in the pre season and ended in a Lebanon win.  I know that doesn't mean much now. In that game Twin Springs had issues stopping Lebanon's passing attack. This should be a fun one. 

Lebanon 35

Twin Springs 28

This has the makings to be a great game. Both team have improved quiet a bit since the beginning of the year. I watched Twin Springs beat Rye Cove Friday night as they were the more physical team. Twin Springs has improved up front as the season has progressed and Horne ran hard using speed and power. I'm going with Twin Springs 21-20 since they are playing at home but a Lebanon win would not surprise me at all as Lebanon will have the overall advantage in speed and skill positions.

2 hours ago, stantheman said:

i am going with Lebanon,  love what this team has done with their new coach,

They are fun to watch for sure. The only teams that have really shut them down all year was Va High and somewhat Patrick Henry. Lebanon moved the ball on PH but couldn't stop them. Lebanon also had success against a strong Gate City team, but maybe got too conservative in the 2nd half in play calling. Which may have been weather related. The one thing I have noticed is they struggle against power running teams who are physical and don't adjust quick enough during the game. That being said the coaching staff and players have done a good job  overall in my opinion, winning 4 more games and making the playoffs. I predicted a 6 win season and was right. There will be a drop off next season im afraid due to losing 15 seniors and moving to the southwest, however I still think they will manage 4 wins or so. Their offense should still be potent due to the passing attack that will only improve due to current youth.

Twin Springs is a terrific story. I wish them great success. No disrespect intended by my prediction, however, I would consider a Twin Springs win as an upset. Lebanon has a much greater enrollment and resources. They should be successful in 1D. It’s good to see them improving, but I expect the future growth and improvement is stunted by a step up in competition to Class 2D. 

Lebanon 35-28.

2 hours ago, Grundy101 said:

Passing team against a running game. I can see this game going either way. 

I think Horne will be a little too much for Lebanon's defense.

TS - 42

Lebanon- 35

I know it was only a scrimmage but Lebanon contained Horne. Both teams have im sure improved since. I still don't think Twin Springs will be able to handle Lebanon's overall speed and passing attack. Lebanon is also very battle tested with a tough district schedule and non district schedule. They played Gate City tough and should have beat Holston, but didn't make the plays they normally do. Who knows through we will see when they play. 

11 minutes ago, tornado99 said:

Twin Springs is a terrific story. I wish them great success. No disrespect intended by my prediction, however, I would consider a Twin Springs win as an upset. Lebanon has a much greater enrollment and resources. They should be successful in 1D. It’s good to see them improving, but I expect the future growth and improvement is stunted by a step up in competition to Class 2D. 

Lebanon 35-28.

The step up hurts but success on the field helps. Kids are interested now, and Lebanon has been working for quite sometime to improve numbers. It started with revamping the youth league to make it more competitive. The head coach is also well loved by the students and community. I don't expect Lebanon to compete with your Grahams anytime soon, but I do expect them to field a competitive team year in and year out. They've also got a lot of very young talent that is only going to improve. They have 15 seniors but are playing quite a few Freshman and Sophmores as well. If Lebanon can keep its numbers up then it will be ok. 

3 hours ago, Pioneer said:

The step up hurts but success on the field helps. Kids are interested now, and Lebanon has been working for quite sometime to improve numbers. It started with revamping the youth league to make it more competitive. The head coach is also well loved by the students and community. I don't expect Lebanon to compete with your Grahams anytime soon, but I do expect them to field a competitive team year in and year out. They've also got a lot of very young talent that is only going to improve. They have 15 seniors but are playing quite a few Freshman and Sophmores as well. If Lebanon can keep its numbers up then it will be ok. 

I agree here, as long as it’s sustained. I see a little parallel with Richlands concerning the timing. It seemed our ramp up in scheduling including improvements in talent to the opponents and the decrease in talent here was somewhat concurrent. I hope this years 2-8 season doesn’t discourage too many. The step up carries that danger when some of the hogo schools are replaced with SWD and M7 schools. A successful 7-3, 6-4 becomes a 5-5 or 4-6 extinguishing that enthusiasm.
Judging youth league talent, I think Richlands looks good combining teams compared to the surrounding schools in its league. We aren’t seeing Graham, Bluefield, Union, or Ridgeview either as a poster in another thread pointed out, so who knows? 
Anyway, good luck to the pioneers. I’ll root for whoever comes out of Region D.

Calpreps in 1D has......PH 35-28 over Lebanon and it has Grundy 35-21 over Lebanon.  Grundy 31-20 over Holston, and Grundy 35 to 28 over Patrick Henry.  It has Holston 27 to 26 over Lebanon.  Finally, Patrick Henry 28-21 over Holston.  

Looks like Calpreps favors 1. Grundy, 2. PH, 3. Holston, 4. Lebanon