Flu

Real Sasquatch

King William County Schools were closed due to "lack of coverage in our buildings and classrooms" - because of the flu outbreak.  The game between KW and Greensville is still on - "providing we have adult supervision" according to Superintendent David White.

Flu is hitting a lot of schools hard.  Hope it doesn't be the deciding factor in games the next few weeks.

11 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

King William County Schools were closed due to "lack of coverage in our buildings and classrooms" - because of the flu outbreak.  The game between KW and Greensville is still on - "providing we have adult supervision" according to Superintendent David White.

Flu is hitting a lot of schools hard.  Hope it doesn't be the deciding factor in games the next few weeks.

I do know the flu is going around the schools in the area. Students and school staff are getting sick, but so far, I dont think there is an immediate threat of a shut down. Have some teams already  been impacted by the flu, most likely. I think currently it's Flu A, covid, RSV, and strep that are the culprits locally. 

13 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

As someone whose entire household has had it this week, it’s no joke. 😫

1 hour ago, Duke2015 said:

It’s already affected Union but not saying they would’ve beat GC anyways but I’m sure it didn’t help 

The first time Gate City beat Union they made "lucky plays" the playoff loss is because of the "flu" you all will have a year to think up the next excuse!

4 hours ago, SXSW said:

The first time Gate City beat Union they made "lucky plays" the playoff loss is because of the "flu" you all will have a year to think up the next excuse!

Sensitive little fella ain’t ya good luck this week you’re gonna need it 

8 hours ago, SXSW said:

Chest thumping over a high school game eh? Sad. Do you live your life through high school football?

If there was a closure half the entitled parents would throw a fit. They’d throw a fit if they didn’t close. 

You had parents saying they “homeschooled” their kids during COVID when they were just virtual. Parents probably didn’t provide them with one iota of instruction except for saying “Did you log in and do your work?” “Yeah I did.” “Good job.” Then when it turns out they didn’t and have an F for that reason then the parent would be raising cane with the school.

Kids today have no more a problem than 50 years ago. The only reason it feels that way is because their parents won’t be their parents. They’re just their pal. 

Some people stopped aging as soon as high school was over. It’s a game , nothing more, sometimes we get confused who the “We” are as wins or losses come. It’s the kids team , not us. Union lost three/ games teams, about where I thought they would, not bad at all I think . 

Just now, jarhead24219 said:

Some people stopped aging as soon as high school was over. It’s a game , nothing more, sometimes we get confused who the “We” are as wins or losses come. It’s the kids team , not us. Union lost three/ games teams, about where I thought they would, not bad at all I think . 

I love to see Unicoi County do well. Hated that they lost a couple of heart breakers. But I am not butthurt. I didn’t rub it in to Happy Valley fans or Cloudland. 

It’s just a game. 

I don’t live my life through their success. 

Even with the Vols. I’m damn happy and proud of the Vols. But if they were 1-9 instead of 9-1 I’d still be proud of em. 

My overall happiness does not depend on their success. If it did then I’d be a Bama fan 🤣😂. Lol but in all seriousness, it’s just a game. 

The point is: don’t base your happiness on K-12 sports. 

4 hours ago, BlueDevilVolMan said:

Chest thumping over a high school game eh? Sad. Do you live your life through high school football?

Yeah he must be all I did was mention Union having flu and he took it to a whole other level even mentioned Union might not of won anyways guess he didn’t read that part 

On 11/18/2022 at 10:25 PM, BlueDevilVolMan said:

No chest thumping just stating the facts. You can go back and find the thread and read it for yourself! I don't live my life based on a high school sports I have far too many other priorities.