Ridgeview @ Union

CriticalNoise

21 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Was that not the worst officiating you ever saw?  Still don’t know what was going on after we scored the 2pt conversion, the special teams was running onto the field to kickoff before anyone knew there was a penalty not to mention the Union player getting his helmet ripped off in front of the referee guess he didn’t grab the face mask so he let it slide 😂 😂 😂 

By far the worst I’ve ever saw. They didn’t favor RV or anything, just wholly incompetent. Totally lost, making up calls with no flags, absurd management of clock and down and distance, etc. 

13 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I thought RV played a great game considering how undermanned we were.  This team will grow but I see a second round exit from the p,ayoffs this year.  Which is very good considering what was lost to graduation last year.  
Our fans are great, but some of you need to calm the _ _ _ _ down.  Union was not holding on every play and jumping offsides every play.  The better team won tonight. And don’t yell at the other side when a kid is hurt, when you’ve been trash talking a player the entire game from the stands because you’re 40 and sound like a jack a$$.

O’Quinn played a good game but the interception in the 1st qtr was a bad decision.  I’m wondering if he may be on the field too much.  Qb is his top responsibility. (Except according to a few fans who wanted him benched tonight). I’m still waiting for their explanation on that one. 

I was not happy at all a Union fan yelled back. Very disappointed in both sides of that, it’s a kid on the field hurt. Shut up and understand it’s bigger than Ws and Ls. 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

By far the worst I’ve ever saw. They didn’t favor RV or anything, just wholly incompetent. Totally lost, making up calls with no flags, absurd management of clock and down and distance, etc. 

2 years ago it was bad too.  I try to lay off refs as much as I can because I know they don’t get paid squat to do these games.  The schools are getting what they pay for.  Want better officiating, pay more into the pot.  

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I was not happy at all a Union fan yelled back. Very disappointed in both sides of that, it’s a kid on the field hurt. Shut up and understand it’s bigger than Ws and Ls. 

I’m glad that they have bleachers on both sides. Tonight had the potential to get ugly.  

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

I have the same exact read. Union thought it would be easy after going up 6-0 so quick but RV came to play and gave them a helluva fight. Clown show officiating aside, RV has to feel good even in a loss if Honaker isn’t badly injured. They ran the ball well on Union, stopped the run and played extremely well until the Union talent kinda took over after the half. Only RV turnover was the INT which in my mind was wholly on the receiver. No chance O’Quinn makes that massive of a misread. Had to be a wrong route. 

The first INT that O'Quinn threw, I think he just threw up a prayer to the end zone as he was under heavy pressure. Bunch picked him off there. 

The second one he threw picked off also by bunch may had been a wrong route, but Bunch has become a top DB this year and played EXCELLENT defense. 

But yeah, the officiating crew they got from a cracker jack box tonight. These big matchups you want the best you can get. These come from the dollar tree. 

1 hour ago, Wolf1207 said:

I thought RV played a great game considering how undermanned we were.  This team will grow but I see a second round exit from the p,ayoffs this year.  Which is very good considering what was lost to graduation last year.  
Our fans are great, but some of you need to calm the _ _ _ _ down.  Union was not holding on every play and jumping offsides every play.  The better team won tonight. And don’t yell at the other side when a kid is hurt, when you’ve been trash talking a player the entire game from the stands because you’re 40 and sound like a jack a$$.

O’Quinn played a good game but the interception in the 1st qtr was a bad decision.  I’m wondering if he may be on the field too much.  Qb is his top responsibility. (Except according to a few fans who wanted him benched tonight). I’m still waiting for their explanation on that one. 

Ridgeview has a very good team we just didn't know how good because of their opponents but they proved it to me tonight.  I do believe without all the penalties Union is a couple TDs better but wouldn't be surprised at all if Ridgeview beats them if they play again and I kinda hope not because I can see the fans ruining it for the kids with a bench clearing brawl or something.  And anyone wanting O'Quinn benched clearly is delusional the kid had pressure on him most of the night

Ridgeview is good. not one score within union good. union did not play their best game whatsoever. I know no team has perfect fans and union has a batch of wild ones, but no team i’ve encountered playing or watching is quite like ridgeview, players & fans included. different kind of folk. Playing id been called everything but a white boy, by the fans. haha. players were not much better. Every team talks smack but not like this bunch, a worse ref crew could have not been in attendance last night. so that didn’t help whatsoever. just ugly from both teams at times, just an ugh game lol

O'Quinn is a good qb, for most of the night,  he had plenty of time.  He's without the crew of wr from last season but they're still athletic and can run.  Union was heavily penalized in comparison to rv but both sides need to clean it up! Several questionable combos of penalties.  Is a false start not a dead ball? They got a personal foul at the end of a play,  where a false start was called for 20 total. Rv got away with some just as union did but hands down the worst officiating in a while I've witnessed.  Big games deserve better crews. Commissioner should have saw that,  but maybe that's the best we've got. 

55 minutes ago, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

O'Quinn is a good qb, for most of the night,  he had plenty of time.  He's without the crew of wr from last season but they're still athletic and can run.  Union was heavily penalized in comparison to rv but both sides need to clean it up! Several questionable combos of penalties.  Is a false start not a dead ball? They got a personal foul at the end of a play,  where a false start was called for 20 total. Rv got away with some just as union did but hands down the worst officiating in a while I've witnessed.  Big games deserve better crews. Commissioner should have saw that,  but maybe that's the best we've got. 

I believe the schools are going to need to get some more money to the officiating group.   I’ve heard numbers like they only get paid $100 for a varsity game.  That’s ridiculous considering how far some of these guys probably have to drive.  Like I said in an earlier post, the schools are getting what they’re paying for.  

1 hour ago, Wolf1207 said:

I believe the schools are going to need to get some more money to the officiating group.   I’ve heard numbers like they only get paid $100 for a varsity game.  That’s ridiculous considering how far some of these guys probably have to drive.  Like I said in an earlier post, the schools are getting what they’re paying for.  

BINGO

There are some very telling videos circulating social media from the NFHS broadcast of one RV player losing his cool in two different situations. That is on coaching. When you recognize that, he should be on the bench. 

OR if the game was properly officiated he would have been DQ’d due to those penalties. 

9 hours ago, CriticalNoise said:

The first INT that O'Quinn threw, I think he just threw up a prayer to the end zone as he was under heavy pressure. Bunch picked him off there. 

The second one he threw picked off also by bunch may had been a wrong route, but Bunch has become a top DB this year and played EXCELLENT defense. 

But yeah, the officiating crew they got from a cracker jack box tonight. These big matchups you want the best you can get. These come from the dollar tree. 

Yeah I forgot the first one. I was thinking of the second one where he just threw it right to Bunch. In my mind, an experienced QB like OQuinn isn’t gonna just make that bonehead throw. Gotta be a miscommunication 

Just watched Bears and Ridge this morning. Damn good football played out there. Wolfpack surprised me. A great argument of course for Chandler being best overall player on field, but you ain't wrong if argue for Ridgeview's damn monster on the field that dressed in a uniform. That Honaker kid is a freakin stud 

27 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Just watched Bears and Ridge this morning. Damn good football played out there. Wolfpack surprised me. A great argument of course for Chandler being best overall player on field, but you ain't wrong if argue for Ridgeview's damn monster on the field that dressed in a uniform. That Honaker kid is a freakin stud 

Every single time RV needed a play, he made it. He was incredible and I hope he isn’t seriously hurt. 

39 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

There are some very telling videos circulating social media from the NFHS broadcast of one RV player losing his cool in two different situations. That is on coaching. When you recognize that, he should be on the bench. 

OR if the game was properly officiated he would have been DQ’d due to those penalties. 

yup. crazy. 

1 minute ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I’m not saying Union is innocent. We are notorious for crazy silly penalties. But as they say, C’mon man! 

oh no doubt. we average at least a false start a game. a few holds   excessive blocking.  lol. but with last nights crew ray charles and hellen keller would’ve been better for both sides. 

The Bears' Defensive plan and execution last night were absolutely superb!

-Held the normally prolific O'Quinn to just 76 yds on 8 of 19 with 2 INTs and only 1 TD.

-Held the QB to just 1 completion on 7 attempts over the final 2 quarters.

-Limited the Pack in the 2nd half to only 32 yards and 3 first downs, one of which was a PI penalty. 

This is the caliber D needed to get to Salem.

4 hours ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Haven’t seen it I’m assuming it’s the one with the player ripping the Union players helmet off with the ref staring right at them 

1 hour ago, Liam McPoyle said:

The Bears' Defensive plan and execution last night were absolutely superb!

-Held the normally prolific O'Quinn to just 76 yds on 8 of 19 with 2 INTs and only 1 TD.

-Held the QB to just 1 completion on 7 attempts over the final 2 quarters.

-Limited the Pack in the 2nd half to only 32 yards and 3 first downs, one of which was a PI penalty. 

This is the caliber D needed to get to Salem.

The passing TD doesn’t happen without a PI on fourth down to keep the drive alive when it was totally unnecessary and not needed. The guy was not gonna make the catch anyway. 

O’Quinn showed his toughness, he took a beating. 

30 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Haven’t seen it I’m assuming it’s the one with the player ripping the Union players helmet off with the ref staring right at them 

No it’s the one on the kickoff where 15 for RV got knocked out of his shoes, gets up, grabs Mosier by the face mask, slams him down, and gives all of union the middle finger 

https://www.facebook.com/1461498845/posts/pfbid0383nZpk1h9HWwSa6E7YWpYA9oZ1YnzfjhwqF1dhQ4dwwGoLEbEodewUQgB4gLtZ8el/?mibextid=cr9u03