Ridgeview @ Union

CriticalNoise

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

The passing TD doesn’t happen without a PI on fourth down to keep the drive alive when it was totally unnecessary and not needed. The guy was not gonna make the catch anyway. 

O’Quinn showed his toughness, he took a beating. 

Couple missed tackles right before that on 4th down too didn’t help the Ridgeview player who caught it was determined on that one.  Might’ve been Honaker before he was hurt 

Just now, CriticalNoise said:

No it’s the one on the kickoff where 15 for RV got knocked out of his shoes, gets up, grabs Mosier by the face mask, slams him down, and gives all of union the middle finger 

That’ll do it 

4 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Couple missed tackles right before that on 4th down too didn’t help the Ridgeview player who caught it was determined on that one.  Might’ve been Honaker before he was hurt 

It was. That kid is a beast, he was so impressive. 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

It was. That kid is a beast, he was so impressive. 

I just couldn't believe it.  I had never heard of him before this game and it just seemed like he made every damn play for Ridgeview.  I was thinking....who is this kid, where did he come from, was he a secret or something, a quick transfer that moved in from 4 days ago, and they just dress him out in a uniform.  Good Lord man.  

24 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I just couldn't believe it.  I had never heard of him before this game and it just seemed like he made every damn play for Ridgeview.  I was thinking....who is this kid, where did he come from, was he a secret or something, a quick transfer that moved in from 4 days ago, and they just dress him out in a uniform.  Good Lord man.  

I just hope he’s a Senior 😂 

1 hour ago, CriticalNoise said:

No it’s the one on the kickoff where 15 for RV got knocked out of his shoes, gets up, grabs Mosier by the face mask, slams him down, and gives all of union the middle finger 

https://www.facebook.com/1461498845/posts/pfbid0383nZpk1h9HWwSa6E7YWpYA9oZ1YnzfjhwqF1dhQ4dwwGoLEbEodewUQgB4gLtZ8el/?mibextid=cr9u03

Thanks for sharing the link. So there was no call on the Ridgeview player? I assume the flag on the field is for a block in the back?

16 minutes ago, breckt said:

Thanks for sharing the link. So there was no call on the Ridgeview player? I assume the flag on the field is for a block in the back?

Not a true block in the back but 2-3 illegal blindside blocks on the play.  If Union is penalized on returns often I can see why on that play.

26 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Not a true block in the back but 2-3 illegal blindside blocks on the play.  If Union is penalized on returns often I can see why on that play.

I think those blindsides were stemmed from a play or 2 previous when a Union player was punched in the balls at the bottom of a pile and another was kicked in the helmet and neither was called 

32 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

They call almost every return back.  Poor Huff returns everyone of them back deep or for a TD but they all come back 

32 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

They call almost every return back.  Poor Huff returns everyone of them back deep or for a TD but they all come back 

That’s because Huff cuts, weaves, bobs, jukes, and spins all within 7 yards. I’m not even made about those. 
don’t get me wrong, it’s disappointing when one gets called back, but the kids moves SO much, his blockers are always looking behind them trying to figure out where to go

Paul Huff is a walking highlight reel

Sometimes when 2 very good teams get together, they'll make each other a bit sloppy. These 2 teams even with the miscues may very well be 2 of the best 2A squads in the state. Massive props to Ridgeview for the wakeup call our kids needed, Sometimes young men buy into the hype and talk about their opponent not playing anybody Ridgeview showed us that they are legit and reminded us that .you have to earn every yard you get in the M7 Massive props for the Bears for doing what champions have to do, and that's fight and claw your way to victory. All title runs have a game where you weren't your best, but still got the job done.. Everybody is forgetting when talking about how young RV is that Union starts a slew of sophs,and those sophs came through the adversity of a halftime deficit, and flexed some muscle in the second half. great game both squads. It doesn't always have to be pretty to be great.

4 hours ago, CriticalNoise said:

https://www.facebook.com/1461498845/posts/pfbid0383nZpk1h9HWwSa6E7YWpYA9oZ1YnzfjhwqF1dhQ4dwwGoLEbEodewUQgB4gLtZ8el/?mibextid=cr9u03

I was critical of RV fans last night for their behavior and this is no better from adults in the BSG area. Yes the RV kid shouldn’t have done what he did, but it doesn’t need a film breakdown and the whole area trying to get WCYB as has been tagged to do a full scale investigation.  
Some extra push-ups and wind sprints after practice on Monday will do. 

15 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I was critical of RV fans last night for their behavior and this is no better from adults in the BSG area. Yes the RV kid shouldn’t have done what he did, but it doesn’t need a film breakdown and the whole area trying to get WCYB as has been tagged to do a full scale investigation.  
Some extra push-ups and wind sprints after practice on Monday will do. 

I guess the video of Andersons helmet getting ripped off and thrown down hasn’t surfaced yet 

4 minutes ago, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

Game was tough and physical. BUT IT'S OVER NOW.  good luck to both.  Can't believe central thread ain't started yet. Lol

I’m surprised that’s on tv next week.  I know they’ve done Central and Union the past couple of years but wasn’t Union and GC already on there.  Surprised they’d have the same teams twice in a season.  

13 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I’m surprised that’s on tv next week.  I know they’ve done Central and Union the past couple of years but wasn’t Union and GC already on there.  Surprised they’d have the same teams twice in a season.  

Not sure how Union ended up with 2 televised games this year. 
Has FNR been to Rose Ridge for a broadcast before? 
what a beautiful place for a game

43 minutes ago, crambone22 said:

Oh yeah, and that flag was thrown on Union also. 

OH LOOK! It was 15 again

edit: I said that we got the flag there, obviously we didn’t. It was when we converted the 2pt conversion come off the field, our kicking team was going on and they call false start 😂

Edited by CriticalNoise

1 minute ago, CriticalNoise said:

Oh yeah, and that flag was thrown on Union also. 

OH LOOK! It was 15 again

I'd say if you watched the whole game back he was probably in on a couple more.

2 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

Not sure how Union ended up with 2 televised games this year. 
Has FNR been to Rose Ridge for a broadcast before? 
what a beautiful place for a game

I don’t think so.  I’d say getting the equipment up there would be difficult.  The road and round about at the entrance to the school would be difficult for an 18 wheeler. But yeah with drone views looking at Pine Mountain would be spectacular.  

3 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I don’t think so.  I’d say getting the equipment up there would be difficult.  The road and round about at the entrance to the school would be difficult for an 18 wheeler. But yeah with drone views looking at Pine Mountain would be spectacular.  

Your right. I agree with that. I forgot about their big truck having to come in.