2023 Arby's Classic Tournament @ Tennessee High and the 2023 Alpha Invitational Tournament @ Dobyns Bennett

BlueDevil4Life2008

4 hours ago, gwloyal said:

I actually haven't seen where we were playing back down that way after this week, but that certainly doesn't mean we aren't lol! I'll be on the lookout for it.

The rest of the schedule I have has us playing at home or east the rest of the way. Some home games of interest are Roanoke Catholic (1/12), Dobyns-Bennett (1/20), Auburn (2/2), and Narrows (2/3).

The game with Narrows is at Salem HS.  Part of the Adam Ward Classic.

Was anyone at the south shore game today? Did their coach genuinely have an argument or he just being a sore loser? I feel like something must have happened for him to tell Tim Hayes that it was “bullsh!t.” He was also rambling on about something to do with the officials calling his players boys? Seems like he is just a cry baby if he gets that upset over the word boy. Would he prefer his players get called they/them?

7 hours ago, Stelley said:

Was anyone at the south shore game today? Did their coach genuinely have an argument or he just being a sore loser? I feel like something must have happened for him to tell Tim Hayes that it was “bullsh!t.” He was also rambling on about something to do with the officials calling his players boys? Seems like he is just a cry baby if he gets that upset over the word boy. Would he prefer his players get called they/them?

I was there and sitting right behind their bench. 

He, as well as their whole team, are thugs. 

Were the refs out to get them? Sure. But they brought it on theirselves the way they acted the whole tournament. 

On Harlan County:

“We are 50 times better than them,” Mark said. “I don’t respect coach from the Harlan team, because you had your own relationship with the referees and that’s why we’re not shaking your hand, because you already knew the game was fixed. I don’t care if anybody wants to look at me funny or crazy, but what I just seen and what I endured and our kids being called boy – it’s ridiculous.”

On the refs in general:

It wasn’t as much the calls that made Mark furious, but a matter of deportment by the three refs.

“You don’t call kids boy, OK,” Mark said. “You don’t call kids boy on the floor, OK. You know what I’m saying. I don’t even want to reference it; I don’t even want to go into it. “

Yet, Mark wasn’t finished.

“That was embarrassing,” Mark said. “That was very embarrassing. I’m gonna reiterate that – you don’t call a young man boy. In this time, this era, you don’t call kids boy, you understand? That’s not how you treat people that come up here to try to compete for your event. It’s not how you treat people.”