Regional Semis Score Updates

SWVAgridiron

9 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Unbelievable, Princeton pulled it off. I had Parkersburg by 14 points. Princeton needed the Parkersburg upset over Hurricane in order to host tonight, then catches another break as Bridgeport beats the number one seed in AAA Cabell Midland by 3 touchdowns tonight, so Princeton is now hosting the WV AAA semifinals. Just crazy. And... I'm not so sure Bridgeport is an automatic win over them. Princeton might actually win the game and play for the damn WV AAA title.

They didn't catch a break getting Bridgeport.  They are good, don't let the #8 seeding fool you.  They only lost one game, to Morgantown, and they run a single wing type offense and pound it down your throat all night long.  I watched them kick the poop out of Cabell Midland, that game was only in doubt in the 1st Q.  They came out and ran 8.5 minutes off the clock driving 68 yards to start the 2nd half for a TD and the game was over at that point, CM knew they couldn't stop them and were beat mentally at that point.  I think Princeton's run ends next week at Anne P Hunnicut...

25 minutes ago, GMan said:

They didn't catch a break getting Bridgeport.  They are good, don't let the #8 seeding fool you.  They only lost one game, to Morgantown, and they run a single wing type offense and pound it down your throat all night long.  I watched them kick the poop out of Cabell Midland, that game was only in doubt in the 1st Q.  They came out and ran 8.5 minutes off the clock driving 68 yards to start the 2nd half for a TD and the game was over at that point, CM knew they couldn't stop them and were beat mentally at that point.  I think Princeton's run ends next week at Anne P Hunnicut...

My thoughts exactly...was very impressed on how well Bridgeport ran that single wing. It was like watching a well oiled machine. 

3 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

That’s disappointing. I know Radford/Glenvar are playing Friday, at least according to the radio hosts

Well, I should preface that by stating, the game being Saturday was what the Wytheville newspaper reported. I haven’t seen anything from either school. 

22 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Well, I should preface that by stating, the game being Saturday was what the Wytheville newspaper reported. I haven’t seen anything from either school. 

Either way, it’s still a great feeling to still be playing after Thanksgiving. At least if GW/Galax plays Saturday I can make it to that game and the Radford game 

1 hour ago, GMan said:

It looks like Bridgeport is smaller in school population than Princeton. Pretty impressive how this bunch is putting up wins like this against several teams who often have hundreds of more kids.  

36 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

It looks like Bridgeport is smaller in school population than Princeton. Pretty impressive how this bunch is putting up wins like this against several teams who often have hundreds of more kids.  

Bridgeport was in AA a few years ago when they beat Bluefield in the state championship 2019. I think they moved up after that year. Bluefield beat them in back to back semis in 2017 and 2018. I think they were in AAA until around 2012 and went down and moved back up again.

BBHooops, does Princeton have a shot? GMan eluded to their wingish O and I took a look at em this morning. Man, is that awesome and fun to watch. Call me a Homer obviously for anything resembling a wing offense. I still believe Princeton will move it, but I don't see Princeton stopping them. I agree with GMan and think it's the end of the road for Princeton next weekend.

And Martinsburg.....well....who's is going to be the sacrificial lamb because they ain't losing up there. Lots of firepower and offenses up in WV, but......Martinsburg has the defense to go with the offense which singles them out in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

BBHooops, does Princeton have a shot? GMan eluded to their wingish O and I took a look at em this morning. Man, is that awesome and fun to watch. Call me a Homer obviously for anything resembling a wing offense. I still believe Princeton will move it, but I don't see Princeton stopping them. I agree with GMan and think it's the end of the road for Princeton next weekend.

And Martinsburg.....well....who's is going to be the sacrificial lamb because they ain't losing up there. Lots of firepower and offenses up in WV, but......Martinsburg has the defense to go with the offense which singles them out in my opinion.

Bridgeport only passed the ball twice, the first attempt was incomplete and the second was a touchdown inside the red zone. Bridgeport had three players with over a hundred yards rushing.

Watching Patrick Henry and Honaker. The Barrett kid from PH is the best offensive tackle I've seen in Virginia in Class 1 and Class 2 this year by a lot. Hope he commits to Tech and other schools stay away from him. I don't think it will be the case though. He will have more offers pour in as he's only a junior.

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Watching Patrick Henry and Honaker. The Barrett kid from PH is the best offensive tackle I've seen in Virginia in Class 1 and Class 2 this year by a lot. Hope he commits to Tech and other schools stay away from him. I don't think it will be the case though. He will have more offers pour in as he's only a junior.

He will also get many offers for Track and Field. Kid is throwing the shot put almost 60 feet. 

Just now, SWVAgridiron said:

He will also get many offers for Track and Field. Kid is throwing the shot put almost 60 feet. 

He's talented man. The only reason he's still a high 3 star is because he plays at a class 1 school. Has 4 star written all over him if playing in class 3 or more imo. Princeton has a stud on the OL committed to Air Force and he is very good, but this kid from Patrick Henry is better

Being a 10-0 team in a high-stakes game is causing the Tigers to "shoot themselves in the foot".  They need to settle down and hope these mishaps doesn't cause them to go down by 2 scores before the half.