Region Finals Scores and Updates.

Real Sasquatch

5 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

A lot of people have been waiting for Radford to implode all season, but with their easy schedule it wasn't likely to happen in the regular season.

Appo is not good this year. So, for Radford to only be winning by 8 in the 4th, I absolutely thought that might be their implosion game because a legit title contender should have been blowing out the Raiders at that point.

As for Riverheads, there's no reason to pay much attention to them at this point. Union/Graham have to get past Saturday first, and then worry about Radford, not the Gladiators. That's why all the focus was on the Radford/Glenvar game.

Union/Graham can worry about them in 2 weeks...if they get past Radford AND Riverheads gets past Poquoson.

They beat Glenvar by 30 at Glenvar. If Glenvar is indeed a tough opponent, they’ve beaten them twice by a combined 38 points, at home and on the road. 

I think the Glenvar staff is very good and knew exactly how to slow down Radford after seeing them first hand. The 2D team won’t have that in their favor. 

Union was in a one score game w Tazwell well into the second half and the Dogs aren’t great. Good teams win in winning time and Radford has done it two weeks in a row. When you have a QB that can literally take over a game and make up for any mistakes, that gives you an edge against teams without that. If the 2D team is that much better at rhe LOS and can physically put Radford down (like Union did v Tazwell and Graham v GC), then they’ll win. If it’s close at the end, I’m probably taking the electric QB. 

Bridgeport has scored 49 points in the second half of this football game and is losing. I've never heard of such a thing. 

I hope Bluefield Researcher looks into the 4th qtr of this game. It might be approaching a West Virginia state record for most points scored in 1 quarter by 2 teams and might be approaching the record for total yards between 2 teams in one quarter.

Radford didn’t look great today but they were also playing their district rivals who have one of the best coaches in the state in a rematch. I know Graham and Union fans now think it’ll be a cake walk against Radford but let’s look back at how bad Union looked against Ridgeview and Graham against Virginia High and GC. Anything can happen, especially now this late in the season