Region Finals Scores and Updates.

Real Sasquatch

57 minutes ago, Bearcat Bob said:

If it was based on participation, they would probably be 3A-4a. Seems that every male from 9-12 grades suit up for them!  

Looks like Riverheads may be headed back to 1A after this cycle ? Enrollment numbers are way down and Football squad numbers are on the rise . Everyone should be happy !

15 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I think Honaker has been consistently better — but it’s hard to ignore what Galax has done the last half of the season and into the playoffs. They’re hot at the perfect time. Gonna be one helluva football game. 

Honaker showing some signs of struggle the past few weeks, not so much yesterday, but ph and rr(x2).  I'm on the side of Galax being tested by bigger and better while improving throughout the season giving them a little advantage.  May be wrong and I hope so because I'd like to see Region D bring 2 home.

1 hour ago, Red Rabbit said:

Looks like Riverheads may be headed back to 1A after this cycle ? Enrollment numbers are way down and Football squad numbers are on the rise . Everyone should be happy !

Augusta County decide to tweak the boundary lines again when VHSL denied the appeal to play down?

4 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

Why would "Everyone" be happy or unhappy? I think most people are content and "happy" with equality or simply playing in the classification that you truly have in your school.

5 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

The Red Team plays who ever is the team in front of them ! VHSL calls the shots . Lot of RHS haters out there ! LMAO

I’m not a hater. You can look at other recent threads on this site where I’ve openly rooted for Riverheads to be successful this season. I’ve also been front and center suggesting RH would have been very nearly as successful in Class 2 the past 8 years as they were in Class 1. 

But professionally, I have seen the county legislative agendas over the past 15 years. Redrawing boundaries seems to be a common occurrence in Augusta County. Something that isn’t very common in other counties in Virginia. Seems a bit suspicious to me when that coincides with where the county high schools compete. 

But I digress….

30 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

The Red Team plays who ever is the team in front of them ! VHSL calls the shots . Lot of RHS haters out there ! LMAO

If VHSL calls the shots and Riverheads 100 percent truly believed that, then there would be no need to appeal to play in Class 1. You would have let the chips fall where they may without an appeal. 

I wasn’t aware the boundaries had been redrawn. I do know there is a dip in the amount of students coming up but it is what it is. If we are going to throw stones how does recruiting and changing schools work in SWVA. As an outsider I can only see what is on here and it appears there are two or three of the better schools that consistently “steal” players from other schools in the area. If I was guessing I imagine that’s why the admin petitioned to stay down knowing that there will be another move coming up. 

Recruiting happens everywhere, including RH. I don’t believe CCC spent his formative years in Augusta County schools. I suspect several more in recent years didn’t either. 

I will admit, “don’t hate the player, hate the game” applies here. VHSL should have a smallest classification set aside for schools like Bath, Craig, Bland, Burton, etc. The smallest schools in the state should’t be competing with Riverheads, Galax, or George Wythe. Solve this whole issue by setting aside a division for the tiny schools, then divide the state into 3 or 4 even divisions. 

3 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

If y’all truly believed that the VHSL called the shots then I don’t think y’all would petition to play down. 

I just hope that German Restaurant near there stays open. 

• 2 weeks later...