Tier 1 teams (should be the favorites to win the region):

Graham

Gate City

Tier 2 teams (no one would be shocked if they beat a tier 1 team):

Virginia High

Union

Lebanon

Central

Tier 3 teams ( teams that have a shot at beating a tier 2 and a very very slight possibility of beating a tier 1):

Ridgeview

Marion

Battle

Tier 4 teams (teams that could possibly beat a tier 3 but that is it):

Richlands

Lee

Tazewell

7 minutes ago, Observer said:

Central is not a tier 2 team.  They have a tier 2 player, but not team.

Don’t know a lot about them just seen where they played decent against gate city so I just figured that they were

12 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

We'll find out how good Graham is this Friday when they play Bluefield. 

Bluefield wins is my guess. I hope I’m wrong but Graham hasn’t played enough to gel yet in my opinion. I mean, they’ve had a benefit game. They’ve got to get some more games in before I give them the nod in the SWD. Do I think they ultimately win the SWD? Most likely but they’re not likely to be clicking really well for a few more games. 

5 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

In A ball Honaker, Patrick Henry and Chilhowie appear to be the cream of the crop with Grundy probably just below.  Cumberland is down this year-but the Hogo looks strong as ever 

Id say that ph and honaker have the best shot. Whoever wins at the hot box between those two teams will be the hogo champ

If I'm not mistaken, not that it matters but I think they put one of the last few free throws on Honakers side instead of Union. Should have been 9 points instead of 8. 

Union couldn't miss a 3. Connected on 10 of them maybe more.  Bostic handled the ball great tonight. Overall I thought Union looked alot better tonight than last week.

Honaker has some stuff to clean up. Turnovers killed us and giving Union to many wide open looks from 3 land didn't help. We gave Lebanon a bunch of good looks at 3s too but they didn't hit many. It's early and the Tigers should get better as the season progresses.

11 hours ago, Tiger_Tilt said:

If I'm not mistaken, not that it matters but I think they put one of the last few free throws on Honakers side instead of Union. Should have been 9 points instead of 8. 

Union couldn't miss a 3. Connected on 10 of them maybe more.  Bostic handled the ball great tonight. Overall I thought Union looked alot better tonight than last week.

Honaker has some stuff to clean up. Turnovers killed us and giving Union to many wide open looks from 3 land didn't help. We gave Lebanon a bunch of good looks at 3s too but they didn't hit many. It's early and the Tigers should get better as the season progresses.

If they shoot like how they did against Lebanon they shouldn’t have a problem in 1d. In the Lebanon game they had 7 total threes and I think Keene only had 1 or 2. In their other three games they have made a combined total of 7 with Keene making six of them. Don’t know if it was just bc of the rivalry and all the adrenaline pumping but if they shoot how they did from deep against Lebanon they will be fine

1 minute ago, sixcat said:

Watched George Wythe and Galax last week. GW beat Galax 68-29.

GW will have a shot to cut down nets in Richmond. 

Who’s the main contender in region a and b for 1a

Lancaster is still very good even though their generational player transfered to John Marshall. 

Auburn is really good as always. Carver Academy is good but I'm not sure how battle-tested they will be come March. 

43 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Lancaster is still very good even though their generational player transfered to John Marshall. 

Auburn is really good as always. Carver Academy is good but I'm not sure how battle-tested they will be come March. 

Would you be shocked to see either Auburn or Lancaster win it all? Is Millions still at Auburn?

23 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Would you be shocked to see either Auburn or Lancaster win it all? Is Millions still at Auburn?

Personally, I think those 3 (Auburn Lancaster, GW) have to be the betting favorites. GW and Auburn both return the majority of their teams from last season. They played 6 times last year with GW winning 4 of those. George Wythe only has two seniors on the roster with one of those only playing a few minutes a night. 

Terry Millirons is the head coach at Auburn. Nick Millirons is the star senior. 

On 12/19/2023 at 10:05 AM, Stelley said:

Tier 1 teams (should be the favorites to win the region):

Graham

Gate City

Tier 2 teams (no one would be shocked if they beat a tier 1 team):

Virginia High

Union

Lebanon

Central

Tier 3 teams ( teams that have a shot at beating a tier 2 and a very very slight possibility of beating a tier 1):

Ridgeview

Marion

Battle

Tier 4 teams (teams that could possibly beat a tier 3 but that is it):

Richlands

Lee

Tazewell

Abingdon, Ridgeview, Gate City 

7 hours ago, sixcat said:

Personally, I think those 3 (Auburn Lancaster, GW) have to be the betting favorites. GW and Auburn both return the majority of their teams from last season. They played 6 times last year with GW winning 4 of those. George Wythe only has two seniors on the roster with one of those only playing a few minutes a night. 

Terry Millirons is the head coach at Auburn. Nick Millirons is the star senior. 

I was thinking of Ethan but he must have graduated. 

and I think Troy Henderson is still at Lancaster. He played against Northampton. 

3 hours ago, stan.the.man said:

how do you think they will do in the Arby's??

I can’t see us having much against Dorman, but I’d love to be wrong. 

We are also in the Smoky Mountain Christmas Classic in Gatlinburg and wrapped up our first round game a little while ago. 84-69 win over Pineville, KY