• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

we need turf it richlands

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need it, you want it.

RHS did pretty dang well without turf this season.

[/ QUOTE ]the "need it" vs."want it" debate is useless at this point.if you look at it from a merely high school perspective it could be a "want" but if you look at the big picture and factor in the jv & eigth grade, plus the peewee, midget, and smurf teams ,a couple of seven on seven tourneys ,and not to mention that dreaded french football league that is infiltrating down from the cheese and wine clubs, then there is easily in excess of 100 games played at the "earnie "each year. that appears to clasify as a "need", not only for the school but for the entire community.

You can laugh all you want, but you should have seen the price those cleats sold for on ebay!! Big $$$$$$ and they were purchased from a buyer in Tazewell. When asked why? Just wanted to know what it felt like to walk in a champions shoes!!! Priceless baby

[ QUOTE ]

You can laugh all you want, but you should have seen the price those cleats sold for on ebay!! Big $$$$$$ and they were purchased from a buyer in Tazewell. When asked why? Just wanted to know what it felt like to walk in a champions shoes!!! Priceless baby

[/ QUOTE ]

Tazewell has already got a non-tainted state championship.....why would they want to walk in the shoes of a tainted championship team??

Did you think the shoe's could have been sold before ebay was founded? I'm just glad you can read and can keep up with such great history. The last time I checked you are allowed by ebay to sell pieces of history prior to the date of 1995. Sorry to inform you that your humor is yet to come!!!

Last time I checked we had a non-tainted State Championship and it's been more than 20 years since Tazewell had won a title. I guess the guy wanted to get that rush again, I can't explain how you folks in Tazewell spend your money. Did they even have cleats back then? Barefooted right? Uphill all the way and the ground was frozen and it started Once upon a time.

[ QUOTE ]

Did you think the shoe's could have been sold before ebay was founded? I'm just glad you can read and can keep up with such great history. The last time I checked you are allowed by ebay to sell pieces of history prior to the date of 1995. Sorry to inform you that your humor is yet to come!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever dude, I still don't believe you and won't until I actually see the ebay history or proof, and I am pretty sure that goes for a lot of others on the board.

[ QUOTE ]

Believe it the same way you would Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or your 86 championship. I'm guessing all of these happened before you were born. Just believe!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at the 86 game!!!!

They met tonight at School Board and they said they gave it the "OK" for now but they had more important things to deal with at the time. Doesn't sound very promising seeing that is the answer to most every question dealing with athletics. I dont think EMATS is paying the whole thing either I heard Richlands has to pay a litte and EMATS is going to have to raise a lot of money too. I think Richlands could do better with a new field house and weight room. But whichever will do better in the long run is fine.

[ QUOTE ]

They met tonight at School Board and they said they gave it the "OK" for now but they had more important things to deal with at the time. Doesn't sound very promising seeing that is the answer to most every question dealing with athletics. I dont think EMATS is paying the whole thing either I heard Richlands has to pay a litte and EMATS is going to have to raise a lot of money too. I think Richlands could do better with a new field house and weight room. But whichever will do better in the long run is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

The School Board always has more important things to do, and they are never more important.

They make Rogaine for the Turf. Simply take a few old tires off the Grundy athletic department's '67 Suburban, add two gallons of Tazewell Bulldog green paint, some Elmer's glue, and run all that through OleWave's garbage disposal and you got instant replacement grass!

Then you ball Fatboy up in ball and have him roll up and down the field sewing in the soil. Works great we do it at Mitchell Staduim with three different teams playing on it any given weekend, it look pretty good to me !! We don't need turf, we like to get down and dirty like real men !!!

[ QUOTE ]

Then you ball Fatboy up in ball and have him roll up and down the field sewing in the soil. Works great we do it at Mitchell Staduim with three different teams playing on it any given weekend, it look pretty good to me !! We don't need turf, we like to get down and dirty like real men !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

So saying that, why do they wanna put it in up there as well?

[ QUOTE ]

if richlands get turf ever one will just have to deal with it

[/ QUOTE ]

when i said what i said was becasue they have been talking about putting it in at Mitchel Staduim since there are 3 teams playing on that field!!