No turf in Richlands

mrb

Doesn't it make sense if someone (EMATS) has this type of money it would be better spent on a field house. More year around benefit for everyone. They are spending that type of money for something that is 4 months (1/3 of the year). Where is the direction from the school and the coaches for that matter. Does field house or at less fixing up the football locker room make more sense.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Doesn't it make sense if someone (EMATS) has this type of money it would be better spent on a field house. More year around benefit for everyone. They are spending that type of money for something that is 4 months (1/3 of the year). Where is the direction from the school and the coaches for that matter. Does field house or at less fixing up the football locker room make more sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not your money so why worry about it if they do it!! Beside there are other concerns that need to be taken care of there by what I have heard, but there field could use some work as well.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure turf is much less expensive than a field house. I think the estimate in the newspaper several years ago was for seven figures.

My understanding, ture tuft like what is at Lynchburg is around $250,000 per field, that is my understanding, my not be correct. If that is the price they could build a or a least have a great start on a field house. All I am saying what benefits the most over a 12 months per year in and year out.

[ QUOTE ]

I think the estimate for a field house (as quoted in the paper) was about 10x that amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

And i think they were wanting to make the field house 2 story with a band room on the top floor I could be wrong myself.

[ QUOTE ]

heard the costs to turf 1 field is $485,000. heard the deal for 2 fields was $630,000 thus richlands & honaker would have turf fields next year!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct.

Is turf really a good idea? saying that 60% of the season will be away on grass. How updated is the weightoom facility. They could have new lights, new weightroom faciltiy and a charter bus for the cost of turf. IMO

EMATS is on school board agenda for tonight.they are requesting permission to install feild turf at RHS. the school board must approve for that to be done.hopefully their less than be desired performance in the past will be no reflection of how hey will handle this (more than generous)offer.EMATS had also offered big$$$$$$ to help build a feild house about two years ago & also made the same offer to honaker high. russell cnty. took them up on the offer and within a matter of a few months had it built and dedicated (against richlands).so i must say that if there is a way to screw up this offer the board will find it.that seems to be the one thing they are really good at.