Tazewell @ George Wythe

dawgpound

I think Tazewell wins this by three scores. They have proven thus far they can run and throw the ball consistently. To my surprise they have also got some young men that want to dislocate your bones!...lol.

I think most on here will agree that the teams that play physical football on both sides of the ball and that includes offense! I know I just said that twice but its important in my opinion. That can spread you out or run power and just grind you out are the toughest outs and can play deep into November.

Now I am not totally on this Bulldog wagon yet but they for sure have most everybody's attention and definitely the Blues. In just two weeks I don't know where they will put everybody at Ernie Hicks. It truly will be at least 8,000 people which will be awesome for the two teams to play for. Its great to see what they have done and there fan base back to getting so excited about there Bulldogs.

Good luck Bulldogs and take care of business and come into Ernie Hicks undefeated!

How is GW is comparison to last year?  Are they on the rise or still trying to gain traction?

Hard for me to predict anything when I haven't heard anything.  I know Chilhowie had some beasts up front so they were able to control the line pretty well on us.

I saw GW at the Norton Jamboree. Looked like they had some good runners and a solid OL. Passing game wasnt much. Defense looked solid. Comparing them from what I saw last season to this season, they are better this year

Not so fast, my friend! George Wythe is coming off of a comfortable win over a minor rival, which will to help build confidence. They've got a very solid D, a lot of experienced talent on the field, a young coaching staff that is improving every week, and home field advantage. If it becomes a shootout, the Maroons are in trouble, but if they can maintain ball control and make a couple of stops on defense, I like GW's chances.

I'm picking Tazewell, but closer than the experts are predicting.

This year will be the best Richlands vs Tazewell game in years. Tazewell will most likely come to Richlands undefeated and wanting to grab there first win against the Blues in what 10,11 or 12 games???? One thing for sure the Blues will have played a much much tougher schedule, could be the difference this year.

This year will be the best Richlands vs Tazewell game in years. Tazewell will most likely come to Richlands undefeated and wanting to grab there first win against the Blues in what 10,11 or 12 games???? One thing for sure the Blues will have played a much much tougher schedule, could be the difference this year.

Dont count on tazewell being undefeated yet they still have to win at GW and Marion 

Both have to play AHS as well.  RHS on 10/24 at AHS...THS on 10/31 at THS.  Just because AHS lost to GC don't discount them completely.  Chilhowie scored more on THS than they did on AHS.

Both have to play AHS as well. RHS on 10/24 at AHS...THS on 10/31 at THS. Just because AHS lost to GC don't discount them completely. Chilhowie scored more on THS than they did on AHS.

RHS/THS is 10/10, before we play AHS. No offence, but neither team cares about AHS at this point. Richlands has Va High, Bluefield, and Tazewell before AHS. Tazewell only cares about the Richlands game, from every fan I've talked to.

RHS/THS is 10/10, before we play AHS. No offence, but neither team cares about AHS at this point. Richlands has Va High, Bluefield, and Tazewell before AHS. Tazewell only cares about the Richlands game, from every fan I've talked to.

Yes and three very tough opponents! 

I probably need to amend my prediction of Tazewell by three scores although they can score very quickly. I should have paid more attention to where the game is being played. I have thought all along it was at Tazewell which does matter. All i had to do was look at the topic.......my apologies.

If the bulldogs are going to live up to the hype thus far in which they deserve i might add. They need to win games like this one and then beat a very respectable Marion team. I will be very anxiously awaiting these games.

Tazewell-28

GW-20

We've shown flashes of being a really good football team, and flashes of a really bad one. One of the reasons you haven't heard much is because it's hard to get a read on this team (even for us lol).

Long story short, if Tazewell doesn't allow our ground game to get into gear, the Bulldogs will win in a blowout.

I'll also note that Harner and his staff seem to be getting a better feel for the team and settling down. It's his first HC job, so there's been a bit of learning on the fly. Expectations always loom around here, so I'm sure he put a lot of pressure on himself. I was very concerned after the first two games tho...I'm not even going to sugar coat that.

I think this one will be closer than most people want to believe. Tazewell has a 4-0 record against a decently weak schedule. If you put them in Richlands first four games, are they 4-0? Maybe, but that's not my point. You certainly have to beat the bad ones to be considered a good team, and they've done just that. However, all of their games have been at home, which is a HUGE advantage to a team that plays so many young players all over the field. How will those guys react to going on the road in what is traditionally a tough place to play ball?  I'm sure the Dogs will rely heavily on Davis to calm everyone down. 

I saw GW at the Richlands Jam. They definitely showed some flashes of just how good that unit can be. I expect them to get it rolling sooner rather than later. 

I won't pick a score, but I do think GW can pull off the "upset." 

I have said every since week one Tazewell could be 10-0 at the end of the season or 1-9.  Of course now I can update and say 10-0 or 4-6.  The schedule is a tough one as there are no pushover teams left.  I know I'm giving Grundy to much credit but even still the games that we have played are teams that were no gimmes.  Chilhowie and Sullivan Central both had size on their line and caused the defense to struggle.  Lots of youth on the team but also the big play makers have experience and are used to playing at the locations we travel to.  

Traditionally Tazewell fans travel well and we need that to keep up and come out in full force to show them the same support that we have been packing the stands with at home.

I'm green and white through and through, graduated from there, played there been involved for years with the team but I have to say this: Tazewell will probably lose a game within the next two weeks. I truly hope I'm wrong but just have that feeling.

GW is scary because of the shear talent they always have. I think they can keep up with us in a "track" meet of a game. While we do have a ton of seniors, winning is a new thing to most of these kids and I just don't know how they can respond to a close game with a good opponent. GW may get us this Friday night.

Marion is really scary in my opinion. Tazewell has struggled against them in the past and Marion is not a bad team at all. I look for it to be a slug fest in Marion.

Hoping we can keep it up and not lose a game but I see one coming for some reason. They played flat against Chilhowie and honestly Tazewell stretched the lead out at one point but the Warriors didn't give up and was really close to getting an onside kick at the end that would have made the game REALLY interesting.

Very cautious prediction:

Tazewell: 20

GW: 14

That's a fair post old-school. Even the best teams in the state have a game or two during the regular season that they just don't play well for whatever the reason. If you truly are a great team though they will find a way to win....great teams do. I don't know if we have a team like that in SWVA this season. It looks like its just Giles time to win and good for them.

I do think we have several teams in the area that can make a decent run late into November. Like Gate City did last year getting real hot down the stretch and playing great football.

I will have to wait until the next three weeks to see how Tazewell fairs then we will have a pretty good idea on how they really are along with several others. Going to be interesting to see how the Bulldogs and the Blues are standing when they meet.

First things first though......they both have very tough games this Friday Night and good luck to both!

I'm green and white through and through, graduated from there, played there been involved for years with the team but I have to say this: Tazewell will probably lose a game within the next two weeks. I truly hope I'm wrong but just have that feeling.

GW is scary because of the shear talent they always have. I think they can keep up with us in a "track" meet of a game. While we do have a ton of seniors, winning is a new thing to most of these kids and I just don't know how they can respond to a close game with a good opponent. GW may get us this Friday night.

Marion is really scary in my opinion. Tazewell has struggled against them in the past and Marion is not a bad team at all. I look for it to be a slug fest in Marion.

Hoping we can keep it up and not lose a game but I see one coming for some reason. They played flat against Chilhowie and honestly Tazewell stretched the lead out at one point but the Warriors didn't give up and was really close to getting an onside kick at the end that would have made the game REALLY interesting.

Very cautious prediction:

Tazewell: 20

GW: 14

I agree with you its going to be battle next week when the Dawgs come to Marion I am definitely looking forward to it 

I agree with old_school, a loss in the next two weeks would not be surprising.  With that said there isn't a reason that they shouldn't win them.  What concers me as much as anything about he Marion game is looking ahead to the following week.  Now I'm not downplaying Marion in the least because they are a good team.  It just goes to say they need to make sure and keep their A game each and every week.

I was talking to someone last night from Wytheville and they said their team is still looking for their identity and have a long way to go.  Let's just hope they don't find it for at least another week!