Top Ten Football Teams 2015 1A & 2A Pre-Season SWVA

SWVAFB

That's the route I take too.

I usually consider the New River Valley as part of SWVA. Anything past Blacksburg is not part of SWVA in my opinion.

That's the line I adopt as well.

Mountain Man, I thought the GC series was just a 2 year thing. My bad.  I was told differently but you would know better than me.  I'm glad AHS will have a shot at redemption.

every year around this time we argue about what is SWVA, when it comes to sports everything West of 77 is SWVA imo. Geographically throw the NRV in there too

Im just gonna do a Top 5

1A__________

1.Galax

2. JIB

3. GW

4. FC

5.Honaker

2A__________

1. Richlands

2. Union

3. GC

4. Ridgeview

5. Lee

Abingdon; undisputed, unchallenged, unquestioned #1 of SWVA 3A. Theres no one else even close to them

In 1A, I look for Radford and GW to be really strong. Galax will be really young and rebuilding. Glenvar, Giles, Richlands and Union are my favorites in 2A. My sleeper is Grayson County.

Don't get me wrong here guys, I BLEED black and gold. But I think you are ALL putting FC up a little high. Yes, I believe they will be a strong team this year. However, we are currently without a coach since Hale stepped down in April. As of now, the position is still posted and has yet to be filled. I'm just not sure they have enough time at this point to develop a good relationship with any coach they may get. Hale came in last year in March and you see what happened there. Alot of unknowns there right now.

The RB from Galax graduated. If the OL is intact they should still be tough to stop.

Big0, Perrigan is a great athlete(idk what kind of RB he is, ive never seen him play) but with the coaches son at QB I dont think they will run that much more. The scheme they are running doesnt fit the talent they have imo

We do play GC again this season, I talk with Reed daily at school. I am posting my opinion about the talent we have coming back. I hope we keep the progression of the program going and Reed doesn't get frustrated this season.

The RB from Galax graduated. If the OL is intact they should still be tough to stop.

Big0, Perrigan is a great athlete(idk what kind of RB he is, ive never seen him play) but with the coaches son at QB I dont think they will run that much more. The scheme they are running doesnt fit the talent they have imo

They return every upfront position except one, offense and defense.  The RB graduated but that wont be a problem.  Charles Harris will be more than an adequate replacement.  Even with the expoits of Steven Peoples and Joseph Dixon over the past two seasons, Harris has managed nearly 2,000 yards rushing.  Galax will go as far as the passing game allows them, as has been the case for the past three seasons.  Time will tell if they have developed one!

West -1A

Galax, good line and coach Dixon

Radford, may be their best team in last 4 years

GW, super talent- but without average coaching

Auburn, may have better team than 2 yrs ago when beat chilhowie in playoffs

Honaker, year in year out

JIB

Covington

Fort, in a bind thanks to principal Robbie Patton , I believe if he wasn't there Stephen James would have never left

RR - solid coaching staff

PH coach Palmer doing a good job

EM- Stewart a good coach

Eastside, Chilhowie and Holston I believe 12-14

Rye cove, Twin Springs, Twin Valley, Thomas Walker, Bland , narrows, northwood,

Hate to say it but west should be narrowed to 12 teams in playoffs

West -1A

JIB

Covington

Fort, in a bind thanks to principal Robbie Patton , I believe if he wasn't there Stephen James would have never left

EM- Stewart a good coach

I'm never one to defend Patton, but he isn't the total reason James left. There's alot more behind that story that not alot really know. (I have a friend in a low place lol) Just wish someone would start spilling some beans about coach prospects. I know of one that we are pretty sure applied. But that's all I've heard. The rumor mill is disappointing me lol

West -1A

JIB

Covington

EM- Stewart a good coach

James shouldn't be blamed for leaving for a better opportunity.  Pulaski has more athletes, better athletes and a lot more kids from which to field a team.  Fort has always had great talent but have always lacked the quality coaching staff to pull it all together.  James was that guy and it was only a matter of time before other, more established programs came calling.  Fort can regain what it had under James with the correct hire but I am not sure Robbie Patton is the person best suited to make that decision.  He shouldn't even be allowed in the room during the decision making process in my opinion.

Hale was simply a terrible hire.  They can rebound quickly but only with the right hire.  Making another mistake now would set them back for a decade.