VAPreps doesn't even have Richlands in their Pre-season Top 10...

GMan

I respect your posts and enjoy a lot of them .....futbolking. But you really hammered us in your preseason thoughts last year and I knew you was way off ( on VaPreps).

I gauretee you most of us Blue fans would be pulling for the GMen if they would end up deep in the playoffs. Thanks for stirring the pot.....its been awful boring. Us Blues fans are a little tinder anyway right? We need some practice before the season starts....lol

I respect your posts and enjoy a lot of them .....futbolking. But you really hammered us in your preseason thoughts last year and I knew you was way off ( on VaPreps).

I gauretee you most of us Blue fans would be pulling for the GMen if they would end up deep in the playoffs. Thanks for stirring the pot.....its been awful boring. Us Blues fans are a little tinder anyway right? We need some practice before the season starts....lol

Hey, I mean no disrespect.  A little jabbing here and there makes it more fun.... and I was way off last year.  I didn't think Richlands would be that good, but they sure surprised me.  I picked Graham and Tazewell to finish ahead of them.  Graham was a huge disappointment with all of the talent on that team.  Maybe the new coach can turn it around.... I think I was off about Bluefield too.  I thought that was the best Bluefield team I had ever seen step on a field (in preseason).....they were good, but not as good as I thought they were... 

Sometimes I go back and read my posts and think.....Man... I can see why somebody would get offended or think I'm a d-bag for some of the things I say...but like I said, when it comes down to it.....  I've got the backs of the Blue Tornadoes and Bulldogs come playoff time....no matter what might come out of my mouth about them during the regular season....

If you grow up in Tazewell Co. (as I did)...and you play against RHS and THS in sports and have siblings that competed against them (as I did).... you can't help but talk trash....but in the end and I know you have seen it....  We all have each others' backs come playoff time.  I've been in the stands at some big time Richlands and Tazewell games in the past cheering on my biggest rivals.  It's crazy, but true....  Enemy #1 during the regular season, though.

I'm sure I'll say something offensive soon, (probably unknowingly)...so at least there's that to look forward to.

I think it was my poem " Do Not go gently into the Navy Blue Light" that I posted in another thread that got the pot stirring, ever since then the Richlands fans have been letting me have it...lol  

If you haven't seen that poem, you should read it by the way, it's a classic!

I have more confidence in this site and the Mountain District Board than I'll ever have at VaPreps. I haven't posted there in years, other than to reply to a fan from Buckingham after he said they were coming to take our stadium over last year. I still laugh over that one.

That sounds pretty cool. If we are both 100% healthy when we meet you are on. We are not very deep but our 1's are good. We have only lost twice in 7 on 7. We are 36-2 after tonight. You and Dobyns-Bennett are our only losses. It should be an epic match up if we both have our starting QB's and receivers

Mountainman your mouth is bigger than your brains! How can you even begin to predict that this early. I could understand it a few games into the season after they both have played and we get a sense of how the new teammates have played together.

I will have to give you credit though.....we know where you stand

Awww make the bet. Why wait?

Injuries are merely excuses for teams that are not prepared to play if someone goes down.

I hate to stake the hopes on the season on a 7 on 7 record. A 7 0n 7 has zero meaning in the outcome of an actual game.

Most coaches view a 7 on 7 with the priorities being 1.Stay healthy 2.Get starters a few reps to knock the rust off 3.Get the young guys competitive reps......And somewhere around priority #650 is to win a 7 on 7.

I have seen Abingdon in a 7 on 7 and personally I think they have the passing game to play with anyone. Will they have the OL and DL to beat anyone is yet to be seen but I do expect the Falcons to have a home playoff game this season.....if they beat Richlands, Christiansburg and Blacksburg.

Make the bet.... I think you have a good chance of winning it 

Razor. This thread is about the disbelief the your mighty Tornado's were somehow disrespected. I am simply saying I have watched both teams this summer including the day @ Concord where lineman were involved. That being said, I like our chances against you all. You can not be that mad at va preps when you did not win your district last year and lose kids like Vance and River. Just saying

We are friends but you made the bet and I called. We will have to wait for the river I guess. I will be pulling for Abingdon except one game. I love the qb and hope he has an All State year. Its just way to early to predict such a prediction in my view.

In juries are part of football and no excuse. The game goes on no matter how important the player is that may unfortunately fall to a injury. Team chemistry will not be found out until they line up at the end of August and play a couple of games.

I hope Richlands and Abingdon are both good this year. I get tired of hearing how the teams from the east get all the props because they think they have the athletes.

Did Richlands get slighted by Va Preps? Hell yes they did. Would they have been slighted if they were a 757 team or an 804 team? Probably not.

Abingdon could have also been a top 10 team but I don't think they have built the cred yet.

Looking at the Preps top 10 in 3A I see 3 teams that Abingdon would beat. Hopewell is terrible, Heritage knows they are not a top 10 and Lord Botetourt's coach made no secret that he wanted the Franklin Co job and has lost support of the LB faithful in the process. Not to mention LB'S top player is already lost for the season with a torn ACL. (A fact that Va Preps "research" failed to find.

I was a longtime supporter and poster at Va Preps but the lopsided nature of the site has pushed me away. I pay more attention to this site now because you guys are much more fun.       

That sounds pretty cool. If we are both 100% healthy when we meet you are on.

That sounds a whole lot like you don't have faith in your prediction. You stated that Richlands would not win the district this year. I made the bet that we will. Regardless of injuries. Regardless of anything. This isn't a bet on the RHS/AHS game. It's a bet about weather we win the district or not.

I'm ready to put my profile and pride in the line, regardless of what happens between now and then. Sounds like you aren't. ;)

I am a gambler. Perhaps you have never been to Vegas or never had a bookie. A bet at this stage of the game would be a long shot at best for either of us. Odds change all the time.

My post was for you to recognize you did not win your district last year. Someone would have to be crazy to put you in the top ten in the state when you did not win your district

I am a gambler. Perhaps you have never been to Vegas or never had a bookie. A bet at this stage of the game would be a long shot at best for either of us. Odds change all the time.

My post was for you to recognize you did not win your district last year. Someone would have to be crazy to put you in the top ten in the state when you did not win your district

Funny how Gate, Union, and Lee were all in the top 10. All in the same district. So by your logic, Union and Lee shouldn't have been top 10 either? What about the other teams on this list that didn't win their respective districts?

Hell, districts doesn't even matter anymore. They only exist in football and it's nothing more than a pride thing.

Your hate for Richlands is amazing. :)