VAPreps doesn't even have Richlands in their Pre-season Top 10...

GMan

I'd admit I was wrong and amend my list accordingly instead of swinging my e-peen.

You write for a Tier-D high school sports website, friend. Not SI. Not Washington Post. Not TechSideline or TheSabre. Not even 247.

I will certainly admit that we are wrong if the season plays out that way, just as I did last season.

I'm quite comfortable with who I write for and where we stand, I have no illusions about that. Chris Horne is a good friend and a great guy who does outstanding work. I like a lot of stuff that Brandon Parker does, as well though I don't know him personally.

Haven't ever read 247 so I can't speak to what they do. I'll take your word for it.

Rod. IMO Marion should be out. That would be a start. I do not think Canes or Plywood King would disagree. Again for God's sake NO DISRESPECT MEANT. Just what I have heard

Should their play on the field dictate it, they will be removed during one of the next 16-17 releases of the rankings.

Thanks for your feedback. No disrespect taken.

Ryan. You are correct about starting this thread. My post about not winning district this year sent it into hyperdrive. So, after some thought, I agree with you about your profile bet. It is all in good fun. I accept. We will have to meet if I lose though because I do not know how to add a profile picture!! Lol

Ryan. You are correct about starting this thread. My post about not winning district this year sent it into hyperdrive. So, after some thought, I agree with you about your profile bet. It is all in good fun. I accept. We will have to meet if I lose though because I do not know how to add a profile picture!! Lol

I can do that for ya ;)

You're on.

Rod. IMO Marion should be out. That would be a start. I do not think Canes or Plywood King would disagree. Again for God's sake NO DISRESPECT MEANT. Just what I have heard

Yeah, they might just skip football in Smyth County this year. I would imagine that Marion will easily win the County championship, but I would cap their wins around "6," and expect somewhere between a 4-6 and 6-4 record. I hope I'm wrong, but man, graduation was not a friend this year.

None taken I said it even during the season last year that the Canes were in for a struggle this coming season and we will be lucky to finish 5-5

Rod have somebody if you don't have time to engage this site and read it. Yes we are touchy about the State ending at Roanoke until you guys at the end of the season have to acknowledge us because.....Gate City.....Clintwood and Haysi in the past.....Richlands and Honaker by some miracle shows up deep in the playoffs. Of course Giles most recently. So there is great resentment towards your board. I to used to post there but left for the obvious reasons.

Lance and Gman have done a great job here we think. I will say it again......do whatever it takes to get Gmans input and it will give you a great deal of help if you really want to know about our teams here in SWVA.

Guys I would like to issue an apology to BlueRazor.  Some things got bent sideways a little bit and some things may have gotten miscommuncated or misinterpreted last night.

It happens to the best of us.  

Rod have somebody if you don't have time to engage this site and read it. Yes we are touchy about the State ending at Roanoke until you guys at the end of the season have to acknowledge us because.....Gate City.....Clintwood and Haysi in the past.....Richlands and Honaker by some miracle shows up deep in the playoffs. Of course Giles most recently. So there is great resentment towards your board. I to used to post there but left for the obvious reasons.

Lance and Gman have done a great job here we think. I will say it again......do whatever it takes to get Gmans input and it will give you a great deal of help if you really want to know about our teams here in SWVA.

I've extended an invitation to GMan to send me his input into our weekly rankings asking that he send me his list on Sunday morning each week.

I believe that he has accepted.

Sorry that you felt driven away.

You're alright Rod. I gotta give you credit.....you have taken a good deal of built up frustration from us here and took it well. I'm starting to believe you whether you care or not

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words

I want to 2nd what Razor said Rod !  I like how you have handled the way everyone has spoke their mind.

You'll find that we give each other a hard time about each others school,  and the Friday night we play each other we can't stand one another,  but we are from SWVA and we love our football and our towns and we pull for each other in the playoffs.

We often feel like the east doesn't take us very seriously for the most part so we can be a little touchy about that.  Especially since we feel like our teams have for the most have proven themselves time and again in the playoffs.

But it sounds like you may be willing to listen to some of us now and I hope this is the start of making VA Preps better,  and more appealing to people on this end of the state.

I want to 2nd what Razor said Rod !  I like how you have handled the way everyone has spoke their mind.

You'll find that we give each other a hard time about each others school,  and the Friday night we play each other we can't stand one another,  but we are from SWVA and we love our football and our towns and we pull for each other in the playoffs.

We often feel like the east doesn't take us very seriously for the most part so we can be a little touchy about that.  Especially since we feel like our teams have for the most have proven themselves time and again in the playoffs.

But it sounds like you may be willing to listen to some of us now and I hope this is the start of making VA Preps better,  and more appealing to people on this end of the state.

Thanks, it's nice of you to say that.