Glevar @ Union

BigWinners

I know I'm beating a dead horse - but again one of the things that impresses me about the 2015 Bears is depth. Stidham (6-2 260) sat out a significant part of the game against a good Graham team but his backup Walker (6-3 250), who is a solid lineman, played well and likely is a starter the remainder of his high school career. I think those two sophomore tackles could bookend the Bears line for the next couple of seasons.

I'm looking forward to watching Union play Glenvar - I can't remember the last time that I saw two 12-0 teams matched up.

I think both the Union vs Glenvar and the Richlands vs Appomatix games are toss ups; those games would have made a great double header like we had at UVA-Wise in the playoffs a few years back.

That is my biggest concern. If they don't get to the QB, Union wins. If they wreak havoc in the backfield, whether it be on the QB or RBs then Glenvar wins. Central(wise) is the only team that consistently got pressure on the QB and Union still moved the ball at will.

Union only scored 14 points in that game, but it wasn't due to not being able to move the ball. Nobody has shut Union's O down this year, so it will be interesting to see how much better Glenvar is than Richlands, Central, Crockett, and Letcher's defenses.

^^ I don't agree. Richlands constantly had pressure too. #56 for the blues had 3 sacks himself. They were in his face all night. Just shows how tough he is though

I know that Richlands got pressure on Spears, but the keyword in my statement was consistently. If you recall, Union ran the full house T formation for a large part of that game. Maybe majority. Can't get pressure on the QB the WHOLE game when he didn't have the ball for most of it.

Whereas, against Central, they ran shotgun almost the entire game and nearly every time he attempted to pass he was being chased.

I say that Glenvar gets shocked by the Bears. Special teams will come into play. Bears with punt returns and kick off returns will play a big part in this game. Bears also feeding off thousands of fans packed in to watch!

Glenvar's experience proves to be the difference in this one. Union is also due for some turnovers and the weather should assist in that. Glenvar 28-21.

As of now, knock on wood, the weather is going to be perfect Saturday. 60 degrees, overcast, and winds 3 mph. With the temperature and amount of sun light that is forecast for today and tomorrow, the field should be nice and dry too.

I posted earlier this year that I spoke with " someone in the know " from Glenvar and they said they were not worried with anyone west of Giles. From the bottom of my heart I hope Union will pound Glenvar's peepees in the dirt and show them that the boys from Southwest Virginia can play football! If Richlands don't win it all I really hope Union can. I think this is how 99% of Richlands fans are thinking. 

I posted earlier this year that I spoke with " someone in the know " from Glenvar and they said they were not worried with anyone west of Giles. From the bottom of my heart I hope Union will pound Glenvar's peepees in the dirt and show them that the boys from Southwest Virginia can play football! If Richlands don't win it all I really hope Union can. I think this is how 99% of Richlands fans are thinking.

Glenvar doesn't overlook any opponent. Regardless of location, or a teams win/lost record. Glenvar respects every team they face. Who ever said this needs to have thier mouth washed out with soap.

That was what I was thinking when he said that.

With Glenvar's recent success, a lot of supposedly "in the know" fans say reckless things. Glenvar's motto "One game at a time" is the same every week. They never look past a opponent.

I could be wrong and if I am I'll be right here saying it. I think Union will be able to move the ball rather well, I also think the running back from Glenvar has a big game. As it's been all season for Union, too many options on offense.

Union 34

Glenvar 21

I could be wrong and if I am I'll be right here saying it. I think Union will be able to move the ball rather well, I also think the running back from Glenvar has a big game. As it's been all season for Union, too many options on offense.

Union 34

Glenvar 21

It would send me into cardiac arrest for me to see anyone score 30 points on Glenvar.

First one to 14 wins.

It would send me into cardiac arrest for me to see anyone score 30 points on Glenvar.

First one to 14 wins.

Haven't seen them in person, only on hudl, which is probably why I'm underestimating them. Nothing wrong with being optimistic though, right? Lol

Giving the Bears the edge in this game.  Don't know much about Glenvar other than they beat my Spartans and apparently have one of the best "D's" in 2A.  That being said, still have to give the edge to the Bears, home field, rabid fans and A-one skill positions. 

GO BEARS