Graham vs. Giles

futbolking

Giles executes their offense like a machine. It will always be hard to stop regardless of personnel. With all the talk of Graham's D not being the greatest, if they stop the single wing, does that mean it's getting better or that Giles isn't as "good" this year?

Giles executes their offense like a machine. It will always be hard to stop regardless of personnel. With all the talk of Graham's D not being the greatest, if they stop the single wing, does that mean it's getting better or that Giles isn't as "good" this year?

Graham's strength on defense this year has actually been stopping the run. I think Bluefield only had around 30-40 yards & Richlands had right at 100 or less.

For some reason it wont let me quote reply but to Union_Fan, this Giles team is no where near where they were the last 3 years. You cant replace a Brian Mann, Brett Whitlow, Dakoda Shrader, or Patrick Biedleman this soon. I think Giles has a good team, but this is probably the lowest they've been since 2011. These next 3 weeks will tell the tale. If Giles go 3-0 the next 3 games then they'll make me a believer again, but right now I know they could not compete with Richlands, Appomattox, or Dan River.

I really think this will be a shootout game.

I agree.  When you watch the Giles/Blacksburg game that was shared it looks like Giles does their fair share of "arm tackling".  Graham's defense has improved tremendously from previous years especially in the run department.  Their pass defense is still a little suspect.  Completely shutting the singlewing down is about impossible.  I see this as a shootout as well.........Graham wins.

I wish it was Friday already! From I hear the Spartans are having their best week of practice so far this season. I really hope the game against Narrows woke them up. Graham will have at least 4 kids faster than Blaker and Cousins doesn't go down easily. If im coach Williams I don't rotate Chapman and Meadows every other drive tomorrow. I keep Chapman at full back all night. He has the stamina. The few times Chapman got the ball last week it was usually a big gain or touchdown. I give him the ball at least 20 times tomorrow! The defensive ends for Giles will be the key to stopping the G-men.

I wish it was Friday already! From I hear the Spartans are having their best week of practice so far this season. I really hope the game against Narrows woke them up. Graham will have at least 4 kids faster than Blaker and Cousins doesn't go down easily. If im coach Williams I don't rotate Chapman and Meadows every other drive tomorrow. I keep Chapman at full back all night. He has the stamina. The few times Chapman got the ball last week it was usually a big gain or touchdown. I give him the ball at least 20 times tomorrow! The defensive ends for Giles will be the key to stopping the G-men.

Is #42 a freshman?  Looks like the same kid we played against last year in middle school.  

Freshman indeed. Like Oaktree said he just has to get use to competing with his own size. They kid as strong, he just doesn't realize how strong he is though. He could end up being the best end that Giles has ever had. His biggest thing is he has to learn to not get sucked in. That happened a lot at Narrows last week.

If he continues to progress he should be pretty impressive by the time he's a senior.  He did well in the middle school game, but that was against kids half his size.  I could see where it would be a big adjustment for him this year.  I'm sure coach Williams will have in going in the right direction.  

Game Day ... rolling out of Roanoke soon. First stop ... Dublin. Going to pick up several Pulaski County Cougar fans that want to see this one. One stipulation ... I insisted they wear their Pulaski County colors in order to fit in quite well on the Graham side.

Can't hide that G-Men pride!!!

106.3 Kicks Country. I believe you can go to kickscountry.com and there is a link to listen online. It's been a while since I've tried online. Someone else may have better info. on that.

A couple weeks ago I used it but there wasn't a Graham link. I just clicked listen live and it worked. It will probably be showing a country song playing but if it's after kickoff time it should be the game.