Round 3 Updates - 11/25/16 and 11/26/16

Deleted Account

Blacksburg wins 24-17

And before I'm asked was I really putting Northside ahead of Graham or Richlands, I was not. Blacksburg was the best team the Falcons played this year. Not taking anything away from Graham. The Bruins have a sophomore quarterback with poise beyond his years. They're going to be good the next few seasons at least.

Thanks futbolking. Nothing but respect for you and the GMen.

I'll be pulling for RHS the rest of the way, that's for sure.  They played a very good game tonight.  They were very well prepared and they really dominated Graham at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and got to Graham's offensive weapons before they could make plays.  I'll be in Salem cheering them on, if they make it to the finals.  I'm sure they will represent Tazewell County well.  They have a complete team, solid in all phases, will be very hard to beat.

On to the basketball court.  Hopefully Graham can extract some measure of revenge on the hardwoods.

Congrats to the G-Men as well on a season that far exceeded the expectations of most before the season began.

Congrats to them GMEN on a great season. Its good to see them fans with something to have hope and pride in.

Thank you and congrats on a great win! Time for Richlands to bring that trophy back to SWVA where it belongs

All this talk about Appomattox. They will have to get past Richlands.. Very tough task..

Appomattox has to get past Union first. We may go up tomorrow and get blowed out by 21+,that's why they play the game, but Dan River thought we were going to be a cake walk to round 3 for a rematch.

Belfry ky 42 Corbin Ky 17 Pirates will play for their 4th straight state title

Final*

Belfry Ky. finally woke up and beat Corbin. The Pirates were down 17-14 going into the fourth and scored 28 unanswered points. Belfry has played in every semi final since 2003 and 9 state title games. The Pirates go for ring number 6 next week. Hazard Ky will be playing for a title and Johnson Central will be playing for a title.

Looks like Richlands will Travel to Stuarts Draft if Appo beats Union. If Union beats Appo, then it will be the winner of Clarke County and Goochland coming to Richlands

Will be goochland it looks, believe I seen they won 28-14

Fairmont Senior defeats 3-time state champion Bridgeport 22-21 in overtime in Class AA semifinal.

James Monroe meets Mingo Central tomorrow night at 7:30. The winner plays No. 5 Fairmont Senior for AA state title next Friday in Wheeling.

great state

This was the outcome I was hoping for with my Blues winning, BUT I knew the Gmen were going to be a tough out.  The Blues defense was lights out tonight at Mitchell Stadium.  They are a force to be reckoned with. 

I congratulate the Gmen on an outstanding season and all their fans on this board who passionately supported them.  The team has grown leaps and bounds from two years ago.  Disappointed, oh yes, but you have a solid foundation to build on for next year.  Thank you for making us a better team with your play.

UVAObserver has disappeared, he must be out trying to tuffen up Hurleys schedule.lol

At least we played this week, Cletus. Didn't see you around these parts much after Parry McCluer spanked those "azzes", as you so eloquently put it.

No butt hurt in Hurley, the butt hurt will come when Hurley starts kicking those Azzes.

Certainly is more classy and elegant than I could craft...

This is more than a battle to see who will remain standing into December. This is a battle for the championship of each other. Old lion against young lion, in terms of recent and historical powers. Graham's iron against Richlands's steel. Needless to say, this is the biggest November game either of these teams have played this century.

It's going to be a Black Friday for one team and ecstasy for the other. And I can't wait.

and...

Good luck to the Blue Tornadoes against whomever they face next week. Great season, G-Men. Thank you for making football relevant and fun again.

Edit: Worded that badly initially.

My class and wordsmithing cannot compare to you, O Wise One of Hurley. But hey, at least I don't hide for a week like a yellow-bellied coward when my team bites the dust. Easier to do when you don't build your team up to be God's gift to football.

Be blessed.

Tim Hayes â€@Hayes_BHCSports 9m9 minutes ago

Tim Hayes Retweeted Trey Perry

See this in #TSSAA @Greg_BHCSports?

Trey Perry â€@perryt33

The 6a final will be between a wing-t team & pwr I team. Heard 4 years those offenses wouldn't win n top class...message boards might break.

Scores for 11-16-2016

Under 5 min til kickoff and the Bears are taking the field!! #GoBears

Beautiful facility here at Appomattox High School. Playing field looks great.

great state

Union will start from their own 19

Bears with a huge gain on 3rd down. Screen to Mitchell set up perfectly. Bears inside the Appo 20

Bears facing a 4th and 2... An end around is fumbled. Appo recovers near their own 20. 8:10 in 1st

great state