Ridgeview @ Gate City

RiverRat24

Is this game gonna be as big of a blowout as everyone keeps saying? I feel like the GC starters might not play very much. The MD is pretty weak this year..... Would be nice if GC had some stiffer competition throughout the schedule to keep them at their best all season long instead of just being front loaded. I'll go ahead and throw out a prediction without knowing anything about Ridgeview:

GC 82

Pack 60

Bench players see alot of minutes and Ridgeview makes the game ever-so slightly more respectable the last 5 mins of the game.

The last thing you said in your post is exactly why I made the prediction that I did..."the starters play minimal minutes". I think the bench players play even more in this game than they did the last one which will end up making the game a little closer in the end. Depending on how much time the backups get I think the spread could be anywhere from a 20-40 pts.

I am going to bet on the snow & ice, but if the game is played tomorrow.............GC 75  Ridgeview 58.

GC leads 25-14 after the first.

Smallest home crowd of the year.

Starters playing the least amount of time they have played this year.

Someone other than Mac & Zac will dunk in the 4th quarter.

Popcorn, which is normally great, has a little too much salt for my taste.

Scoreboard loses power with 3:12 left in the first half. Causes an 11 minute delay.

Scott County already on a 2 hr delay. Wouldnt be surprised if the weather won this one....Possibly the Floyd County matchup as well slated for Saturday.

Snow and ice both falling near GC. Vehicles are covered and the ground is getting white here at my house. What's the weather doing near Ridgeview?

82-62? Trying to win over Ridgeview poster support? 

my prediction... Starters play minimal minutes and Mac/Ervin have 3 dunks a piece. 

You know... when Hurley fans were dogging you, I was on your side, but you're really starting to become a bit of a nuisance.  Just saying.

Scott County already on a 2 hr delay. Wouldnt be surprised if the weather won this one....Possibly the Floyd County matchup as well slated for Saturday.

Snow and ice both falling near GC. Vehicles are covered and the ground is getting white here at my house. What's the weather doing near Ridgeview?

The Breaks, near Haysi, according to Twitter got 2".  I would say Rose Ridge probably got as much if not a little more.  I don't live over that way anymore, so I can't say...

Larry probably has the most accurate prediction so far.  The ONLY thing going for Ridgeview tonight is the 4 hour bus ride to Floyd tomorrow morning for the Devils, starters won't NEED to play much.

That being said.... I'm feeling lucky, I am going out on a limb here..... Calling it now, RIDGEVIEW WINS THE GAME.......................

The girls game that is.  :D

Well school was called off for Scott Co but the game is still scheduled for regular time tonight for now. I think the brunt of the snow is supposed to hit later this evening around 7 o'clock....At least that's what the radar shows.

Nope, Union/Wise is still on. Guys it's gonna be a WAR. Central is out to prove they got screwed at UVAW (huge LOL btw, just delusions.) And Wise coaches made a point to say it'll be different tonight. Both teams are out for blood. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fight break out. TJs son can be downright dirty, and the Union kids wont take that shit. In a basketball game or a fist fight, I'm taking Union. Slagle is a big boy now and James could squash all those WC kids. Wise will try and make it ugly and play cheap and dirty, it's only way they can compete. If it's up and down at all, Union runs them off the floor.

Nope, Union/Wise is still on. Guys it's gonna be a WAR. Central is out to prove they got screwed at UVAW (huge LOL btw, just delusions.) And Wise coaches made a point to say it'll be different tonight. Both teams are out for blood. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fight break out. TJs son can be downright dirty, and the Union kids wont take that shit. In a basketball game or a fist fight, I'm taking Union. Slagle is a big boy now and James could squash all those WC kids. Wise will try and make it ugly and play cheap and dirty, it's only way they can compete. If it's up and down at all, Union runs them off the floor.

Wes is a big boy and so is James...but they are not fighters. They compete and let their play do the talking. Not sure about the other Union guys. Would hope sportsmanship be evident from players, coaches and fans. 

Wes is a big boy and so is James...but they are not fighters. They compete and let their play do the talking. Not sure about the other Union guys. Would hope sportsmanship be evident from players, coaches and fans.

I think you underestimate how physical James and Wes are, neither would back down. But I hope it doesn't come to that, it shouldn't. As long as the refs maintain control and don't allow the game to develop into a chippy slugfest, nothing will happen. I just know what the Wise coaches told the Union guys after the last game, and hopefully the refs keep order from the opening tip.

Union won 65-60. Physical but nothing crazy at all. Union led most of game, led by as amany as 13 IIRC but Wise hung around. They had no answer for Slagle, had at least 19 points and 4 blocks. Mitchell was two assists shy of a triple double, 10/10/8. Mullins led Wise in scoring at 18 I believe.

Nothing crazy happened after as far as I know.

What changed your mind about calling out high school kids? Recently you called out a poster for the same thing. Is TJ's son really a downright dirty player as you claim? I have a feeling if the kid played for Union, you would say he wouldn't take that shit.

What changed your mind about calling out high school kids? Recently you called out a poster for the same thing. Is TJ's son really a downright dirty player as you claim? I have a feeling if the kid played for Union, you would say he wouldn't take that shit.

Have you watched the kid play?

Dirty isnt the right word, annoying fits better. Like he'd fit right in at Duke like Allen, Paulus or Reddick. That's what I was attempting to convey. I didn't use the right word. Pesky could also work.

I replied to clarify my statement, not because I give two shits about you. I honestly have no idea who you are or have ever even paid attention to you before. But thanks Mr. Irrelevant, you helped me convey my point better.

I get it, you're from Wise most likely. Do you blame the cheerleaders for tonight's loss, or was it bad officiating? Gotta be some reason, no one ever beats Central fairly.

13-2….....….…...................

Have you watched the kid play?

Dirty isnt the right word, annoying fits better. Like he'd fit right in at Duke like Allen, Paulus or Reddick. That's what I was attempting to convey. I didn't use the right word. Pesky could also work.

I replied to clarify my statement, not because I give two shits about you. I honestly have no idea who you are or have ever even paid attention to you before. But thanks Mr. Irrelevant, you helped me convey my point better.

I get it, you're from Wise most likely. Do you blame the cheerleaders for tonight's loss, or was it bad officiating? Gotta be some reason, no one ever beats Central fairly.

13-2….....….…...................

This is words out of your mouth.

"While most Union (and C-Wood, Norton, prob GC too) people prob share a similar opinion of the Wise program, posts like that make Union look bad instead of the intended target. Take shots at adults, let's not go too hard on a HS kid unless something egregious happens."

Man, I could care less if you know me. You're like a little Chihuahua barking at everything on this board. I don't post much but have been reading a long time. I remember when you pissed everybody off about womens sports, then fled to Va Preps to comment about how you were banned. Then Ryan lets you know it's OK to come back to Swva. I personally liked it better when you thought you were banned. You have an opinion and so do I. You hate Wise and I FN hate Union/Powell Valley and Big Stone. Appalachia is fine by me. My point is, you seep into every thread reminding people that Thomas Jones was the greatest, or Fat Ass Phil was the best coach, or Union this, PV Or blah blah blah. Take your own medicine, you're making Union look bad.

I will tell you this. I do live in Wise but I'm from Haysi. I have one son that has already graduated and one son in the 10th grade. I don't personally like TJ as I think he's a loud mouth who only gets to keep his job because of his father's donations to the school. As for his kid, oh yeah, I have seen him play. I have watch Isiah since he started school. The kid is a freshman and he's getting all this chatter from an adult from Union?

Anyhow, go f#c& yourself. Oh I'm sorry, My bad choice of words Mr Union, I meant to say have a good day.