4. Northside 21
  5. Abingdon 20.125
  6. Alleghany 18.625
  7. Cave Spring 18
  8. Tunstall 16.875
  9. Hidden Valley 16.25
  10. Patrick County 14.875
  11. Christiansburg 13.75

Note:  Lord Botetourt and Northside apparently played for the second time this season on Friday night.  Since this occurred, I have no idea if both games count for points or not.  I figured it up as if they did.  If both games do NOT count and only one does, then both of their averages will be significantly lower than what I have here.

I'm thinking they count as far as playoff points go but only one does towards the district standings.   

@Union_Fan Going on probables, what would you guess Union to finish at? I tried figuring it but I don't know enough about their out of state games to guess. 

I read one of your post said Graham/Union could be tied at 270. If they win out, & I figured right with Graham's points at worse they'll end up at 266. If Tazewell somehow could beat grundy, Princeton somehow win their last 2, and Central beat GC they *could* end up at 274, right? 

If I was giving it my best guess I would say Graham ends up at 268. Just curious what your best guess for Union would be to finish at, barring upsets. 

On 10/22/2017 at 11:50 AM, Hokiebird7 said:

You are correct green wave...the game this past Friday counts in district standing but both count for points

Hay is wave Nation like yalls'n lil Bro? I mean up dare in them hollars.? I teasen uncles Ben n Vern dat. They get matter then a mountain lion n a briar patch. Yahoo I laff! And hee hee.

If  Richlands gets in the playoffs it will be interesting.  They have been so close to all the teams they have lost to in the region, and they could be a tough out for the top tier teams.  Things change during the season and Union has had to change some things due to injuries which would make an interesting game between them and Richlands.  Richlands took Marion to the limit, and Graham to overtime, so I must imagine that either of those teams hope not to have to play Richlands again.  Could be interesting.  Throw out the records, if you get in the playoffs by the slightest margin, its a new season.

6 hours ago, EH31 said:

@Union_Fan Going on probables, what would you guess Union to finish at? I tried figuring it but I don't know enough about their out of state games to guess. 

I read one of your post said Graham/Union could be tied at 270. If they win out, & I figured right with Graham's points at worse they'll end up at 266. If Tazewell somehow could beat grundy, Princeton somehow win their last 2, and Central beat GC they *could* end up at 274, right? 

If I was giving it my best guess I would say Graham ends up at 268. Just curious what your best guess for Union would be to finish at, barring upsets. 

The realistic for Union is 270 with a possibility of 276...if my rookie vhsl PP math is correct lol.  It could go down obviously.  A GC win over Central is a 2 point swing in Unions favor, as Central is their only common opponent.

6 hours ago, EH31 said:

I think Union is firm at 268. Possibility of 274, but 270 is probably more realistic.

I think Graham is firm at 268 also. Possibility of 272, and 268 is just as probable as 272. 

Graham is sitting at 187. They would get 30 pts for Fort and 34 pts for Marion. That makes 251. They would get 2 pts each for Richlands/Lebanon, Tazewell/Lebanon, Marion/Va High, Richlands/Va High regardless of the winner. That makes 259. They can get 1 pt for Bluefield over James Monroe, 2pts each for Central over GC, Fort over Bland, Giles over Alleghany, Princeton over Greenbrier, Princeton over Brooke, Tazewell over Grundy for a possible total of 272.

I'll create a thread of possibilities not just for Graham and Union, but for other Region D teams as well. With Bluefield, GC, Central, Letcher, Mo West, and Giles all playing their final game Friday along with Ridgeview/Pike and Tazewell/Grundy, the seeding will become a lot simpler to figure out come week 11.

3 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I think Union is firm at 268. Possibility of 274, but 270 is probably more realistic.

I think Graham is firm at 268 also. Possibility of 272, and 268 is just as probable as 272. 

Graham is sitting at 187. They would get 30 pts for Fort and 34 pts for Marion. That makes 251. They would get 2 pts each for Richlands/Lebanon, Tazewell/Lebanon, Marion/Va High, Richlands/Va High regardless of the winner. That makes 259. They can get 1 pt for Bluefield over James Monroe, 2pts each for Central over GC, Fort over Bland, Giles over Alleghany, Princeton over Greenbrier, Princeton over Brooke, Tazewell over Grundy for a possible total of 272.

I'll create a thread of possibilities not just for Graham and Union, but for other Region D teams as well. With Bluefield, GC, Central, Letcher, Mo West, and Giles all playing their final game Friday along with Ridgeview/Pike and Tazewell/Grundy, the seeding will become a lot simpler to figure out come week 11.

Ok, that lines up with what I was thinking. I came up with 274 being the maximum, but that's saying the same scenario you did but with Princeton beating Greenbrier East too. It's crazy how big of implications the GC-Central game could have. 

My opinion, I honestly think Central will lose to Gate City, Tazewell will lose to Grundy, & Princeton will beat GE but lose to Brooke. Barring any upsets Fort Chiswell, Giles, and Bluefield should win their remaining game. So that's how I came up with 268.  

13 hours ago, Dookthecook said:

Hay is wave Nation like yalls'n lil Bro? I mean up dare in them hollars.? I teasen uncles Ben n Vern dat. They get matter then a mountain lion n a briar patch. Yahoo I laff! And hee hee.

They don't like to be called little brother for some reason haha

2 minutes ago, Dookthecook said:

Unk Vern and unk Ben liken I say act crazed mad over thosen one wingers. They dont know but I scramble egg m on

They may be playin and we may be stayin this year like that one year that had a sign in the local paper that had that in it...it was comical

I don't know where Union will end up but I know come the 1st round game at the park, fans will be there before daylight lined up like they are giving away Elvis tickets and I also know that Cook for Graham will carry his team . I see Giles and Glenvar or is it Glenver? will push Appomattox to the limit for "C" and that there will be one hell of a West champion that the East better be ready . Some great ball to be played and this very well might be a 1 point State Championship game

15 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

Hell, if anything, Narrows is the old grand daddy with stories from back in the day y'all don't give 2 damns about and that's ok.  Most of us don't care about yours either.

Spoken of granddaddy. Mine Rufus R Dookthecook..  now he claims two titles back n time. He members much for his n age.  Sampson got his abilities from paps!