richlands still looking for game 10...

stubbycurrence

bluefield wants richlands,thats the word ive heard too.but i dont know what the big deal is why dont richlands want to play bluefield?is it a traveling problem again thats always brought up.oh thats too far to go people have to work.big damn deal everyone works tell the real reason they dont put tough opponents on the schedule.oh yeah i know and so does everyone else.phft this is getting old.in the eyes of richlands people nobody wants to play you.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield Rules = Knows everything about Bluefield and the scheduling of teams they play.

Heck, maybe you could make the game happen since you seem to know everything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd LOVE to make it happen! BUT, in order for it to happen both sides have to want it...

Hell, i wished they played each and every year. It is a great matchup between 2 great programs. I don't know why it doesn't happen.

That last game in Bluefield (the bad calls against r-lands by those great refs) must have left a real bad feeling with the Richlands coaches. Getting shafted doesn't sit well with anyone. Especially football coaches.

don't know why it doesn't happen

Cause it wouuld KILL there Rep. blowing out Honaker is much easier. The ref thing is just an excuse to get out of it. We will here about that for years to come.

Blu chill, we are starting a good thing here, some of you guys remind me of a kid that continues to pick scabs and wounder why the wound never heals. I would love to schedule Bluefield, Two great crowd bases , two great programs and dont forget the great smacktalk we could conjur up.

[ QUOTE ]

don't know why it doesn't happen

[/ QUOTE ]

820163md0.jpg

That aside. I still think this is a game that should be scheduled for the next 3-4 years at least. I was thinking a HOME-HOME-HOME-HOME series for Richlands. How about you?

Bet Cola has nothing to say about that post!! Just when the STORM is insulted. With that aside...rhs has had alot of home cookn' over the year... ex. 1997 season halloween night. 21-20 still could not stops us and we do not wine and stop a series over it.

AWESOME post Sambo! Bluefield would be great! But, I would like to pursue options in or around the Piedmont or Seminole District. Imagine playing Salem, Hidden Valley, or Amherst. May never happen, but, it is exciting to think about. Scheduling and beating those teams would SILENCE many critics.

[ QUOTE ]

the pots lecture to the kettles.

You have the ref, do you have an image made up of cleats that would scale an ice wall?

Biggest thing is it seems most richlands fans have been in denial about incidents at richlands..

[/ QUOTE ]

I deny nothing. My ring says "STATE CHAMPION"

[ QUOTE ]

Bet Cola has nothing to say about that post!! Just when the STORM is insulted. With that aside...rhs has had alot of home cookn' over the year... ex. 1997 season halloween night. 21-20 still could not stops us and we do not wine and stop a series over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah hell, now don't get bent out of shape over my giggin' you a little. I'm all for that game BLU. In the meantime, the immortal words of Paul "Bear" Bryant:

bearbryantov9.gif

Show class, have pride and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.

/ I wish the game could be finalized tomorrow at 8:05 A.M. (joking aside)

"I deny nothing. My ring says "STATE CHAMPION" "

at any cost without shame a that.

If that's your attitude so be it, but richlands is the last program in the swva region who should be complaining about being slighted in a game, nothing more nothing less.

[ QUOTE ]

If that's your attitude so be it, but richlands is the last program in the swva region who should be complaining about being slighted in a game, nothing more nothing less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Callous

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy Buzzsaw, the cleat thing was the action of one man and an issue that never would've seen the light of day had Salem won the game. The Richlands community made amends with Salem in 2004 by showing them hospitality that they're still talking about.

What happened in 2002 wasn't about a coach looking for an edge on a sloppy field. It was about a crew of officials who conspired to ensure the Beavers made the playoffs "at all costs". It wasn't just a bad night for the refs, or even so called home cooking, it was a premeditated conspiracy.

Has the Bluefield community tried to make amends for it? Heck no, the Bluefield community (as represented on this board) even though they acknowledge it happened, has done nothing more than try to double dare us into playing again, and that does nothing but irritate and alienate.

When talk about renewing the series first came up a year or so ago I wanted it to happen. Now I don't.

the actions of 1 man, so the coach wore illegal cleats or 50 some players in the game did? A team intentionally wears illegal cleats in a title game and that's not conspiring to cheat, but a game with a lot flags from an independant crew is some conspiracy by the bluefield program. That's interesting to say the least.

"Has the Bluefield community tried to make amends for it?"

aside from the fact that that crew has never officiated a game at bluefield since, what exactly would richlands expect, how about that game makes it even considering the flags at richlands in the '97 game there, what was the story there anyhow since you have the inside stories on the excess laundry. My guess is richlands fans are going to conveniently pass on the conspiracy theories on games with to many flags there....

I know richlands fans prefer not to read about illegal cleats, and myself I'd never mentioned it nor thought much of mentioning it before this topic, but ya know it's quite hypocritical to read so much overdone drama about a game with to many flags from '02 from richlands fans of all teams.

I really don't care whether bluefield schedules richlands myself, a 10th game against any quality program is enough..

[ QUOTE ]

I heard from a friend that Princeton may be looking for a 10th play date....why not try and pick up the Tigers

[/ QUOTE ]

Princeton won't play Graham...do you really think they want any of Richlands???

Besides, I doubt this is true since Princeton is now in the MSAC and only have two open dates on their schedule for non-conference games...Bluefield has one of those two spots and odds are they'd be looking for a AAA team from WV to fill that last spot for ratings points...

If memory serves me right, Princeton and Richlands had a 3 year stint 5 or 6 years ago in which Princeton won all 3 meetings...your right about the MSAC schedule.....but Richlands is considered a AAA in WV or atleast they were at one time.....as far as Princeton and Graham....Graham played Princeton 3 years ago and spanked a bunch of sophomores around very good.....I'm sure they would of like to played the year after when they handed Blufield a 30pt loss right after beating the G-Men in a loss by 6pts.......