Graham vs. Beaver

grahamDB31

[ QUOTE ]

How bout the "wiff" on the onside kick???? Now that was classic.

[/ QUOTE ]It actually wasnt a "wiff" the ref blew the play dead so he stopped..so yeah..shows how much you know

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]It actually wasnt a "wiff" the ref blew the play dead so he stopped..so yeah..sees how much you know

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure was a "wiff" the whistle did not blow until he "wiffed" it. Guess they did not have much time to work on the old onside kick down on the Virginia side.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]It actually wasnt a "wiff" the ref blew the play dead so he stopped..so yeah..shows how much you know

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah blown dead after the wiff see how much u know

[ QUOTE ]

trophy is back at home?

naw dog.

Been at Graham for 2 years. This is the first year Bluefield will have the trophy , "at home".

[/ QUOTE ]

once again flase the trophy has been @ bhs before... were do u ppl get your info from?

[ QUOTE ]

different trophy i believe

I'm talking about the Oversized "Battle of the Bluefields" trophy or whatever it is

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the same trophy im talkin about the first year for it if im not mistaken was either in ahmads senior year or the year after either was its always been the same oversized trophy

[ QUOTE ]

OK, OK, you guys are right...your entire second team played the whole second half...don't know what I was thinking...confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ] No your wrong agin Gman they did not play the entire seconed half..lol...u know i had to mess with u..lol.. but the second teamers came out after the touchdown drive...its a lil harder to tell now that nobody has on muddy jerseys huh..lmao

[ QUOTE ]

he wiffed the ball and thats the reason for the offsides penalty... SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU KNOW

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the left side of Graham's kick team crossed the line first, the ref blew the whistle, then the kicker whiffed...it all happened bang, bang, bang but that was the order in which it happened.

If you noticed on the second attempt the same thing occurred only the kicker actually kicked the ball after the whistle instead of trying to hold up. Crossing the line on a kick-off is a "dead-ball" penalty...same as the defense crossing the line on a play from scrimmage.

i got a question if anyone knows..

if you're team is punting the ball, and the guy recieving the punt lets the ball bounce off his shoulder pads and your team picks it up are they allowed to advance it?

[ QUOTE ]

if you're team is punting the ball, and the guy recieving the punt lets the ball bounce off his shoulder pads and your team picks it up are they allowed to advance it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No you can recover but not advance the muffed punt. Now had he actually caught it and was returning the punt and fumbled you could advance that. A muff cannot be advanced but a fumble can be.

[ QUOTE ]

I guess that "new era" that began after last year's game only lasted a year. Remember, the "new era" in which momentum was shifting in Graham's favor in the all-time series?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you didn't pay attention last night. You beat us, you didn't kill us. And we sure helped you along the way. The new era is still alive and well. The series is 5-4 Bluefield since 2000. That is pretty even to me.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you completely sure about that? Why then if the ball bounces off any of the receiving teams' players is it a live ball? I am pretty sure that once the returner touches it, the ball becomes live.

No you can recover but not advance the muffed punt. Now had he actually caught it and was returning the punt and fumbled you could advance that. A muff cannot be advanced but a fumble can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I guess that "new era" that began after last year's game only lasted a year. Remember, the "new era" in which momentum was shifting in Graham's favor in the all-time series?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you didn't pay attention last night. You beat us, you didn't kill us. And we sure helped you along the way. The new era is still alive and well. The series is 5-4 Bluefield since 2000. That is pretty even to me.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess Bluefield didn't have anything to do with those turnovers like forcing them or anything? Graham came out and tried to play smashmouth on Bluefield but guess what? We were tougher and hit a lot harder, plus we added on a little speed to boot. Statistics are subjective and can be manipulated to support any argument, so look at the overall series and you'll see that Bluefield was, is, and has always been firmly in control of the overall series. So you keep looking at these little random time frames and earning those small, moral victories and I'll just see the big picture for what it is.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess Bluefield didn't have anything to do with those turnovers like forcing them or anything? Graham came out and tried to play smashmouth on Bluefield but guess what? We were tougher and hit a lot harder, plus we added on a little speed to boot. Statistics are subjective and can be manipulated to support any argument, so look at the overall series and you'll see that Bluefield was, is, and has always been firmly in control of the overall series. So you keep looking at these little random time frames and earning those small, moral victories and I'll just see the big picture for what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about the big picture? Oh yeah, you did when numbers backed up my argument. I know it would take 200 years to even up the series probably, not arguing that. But the series is still is 5-4 this decade with two games to go. Graham has never beaten Bluefield more than 3 times in any decade since the series was started in 1911. We all know the history. I guess the thought of Graham making a little history makes you sick to your stomach since you brought this up huh? Oh, and I know the overall series is now 59-20-2 in favor of Bluefield. Guess you have no argument now.......This was about a new era remember of equality, and when you are used to losing 8 games a decade to a team winning 4 or 5 is a big deal to us. And by the way, I was complimentary of your football team last night. Maybe you should take that into consideration next time before you decide you want to be an *******.

[ QUOTE ]

Is there any blufield fan that doesnt pick Bluefield? and Is there any Graham fan that doesnt pick Graham?

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been a few (very few, thankfully) lean years at Bluefield, and there might be the possibility that some years, I didn't give Bluefield much chance to win. Try to pin me down on it, though, and I'll deny it. :-)