What a Tragedy!

preacher

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect to them, but I think we have a better offense and can move the ball on them. If they blitz us, we will burn them with the quick pass. But, we've got to take care of the wave this week.

[ QUOTE ]

No disrespect to them, but I think we have a better offense and can move the ball on them. If they blitz us, we will burn them with the quick pass. But, we've got to take care of the wave this week.

[/ QUOTE ]Nah..abingdon better have their A game when they play Graham..the G-Men will be ready to play

I mean this in the most objective way possible... Abingdon will get stroked if they make the playoffs.You get Salem, Blacksburg, or Bassett. You must be able to run off-tackle to win championships and these three can thats why you wouldn't be able to win. Last time Abingdon was able to do this was 92 when they made it to the region championship.They beat blacksburg 28-6 ran for over 400 yards and didn't attempt a pass. Lost to the Blue Tornados in the region finals by the same score.

[ QUOTE ]

honaker finished 9-1 two or three yrs ago and sit home .yea seems they could make some kinda change to correct this problem .

[/ QUOTE ]

Two reasons this may not happen to Honaker (or any other Division 2 Region D school) anytime soon:

1 - Beefed up their schedule (Honaker had John Battle, Castlewood, Rye Cove, Twin Springs & St. Paul on their out-of district schedule along with Lebanon & Tazewell)

2 - Regional re-aligment & only eight (8) Division 2 teams within the region.

[ QUOTE ]

marion and Graham will be a big task for the falcons.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the reason why is...

Those two teams CAN run the football. Abingdon has MAJOR problems defending the run, especially against teams that are physical...Graham and Marion are the two most physical teams in the SWD this season (sorry Richlands but your #3 on that list).

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

marion and Graham will be a big task for the falcons.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the reason why is...

Those two teams CAN run the football. Abingdon has MAJOR problems defending the run, especially against teams that are physical...Graham and Marion are the two most physical teams in the SWD this season (sorry Richlands but your #3 on that list).

[/ QUOTE ]

Abingdon will lose to both Graham and Marion for that very reason.

Anybody think a different offense would help them - maybe make them tougher? They haven't been smashmouth since flinchum left in late 90s....what do you think ehc55 - sounds like you know what is going on there????

Guest BB_TWEEDER

I see upset. I believe Abingdon will pull this one off against the G-men.