What a Tragedy!

preacher

The only way to win is run the ball. Whatever offense you run you must find as many ways possible to run the ball offtackle. It is without a doubt the most difficult spot to defend on the field. If you can run offtackle and defend offtackle then you win championships. Get the coach at Abingdon to call Magenbauer at Salem and request some tape for examples of how to do both.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

marion and Graham will be a big task for the falcons.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the reason why is...

Those two teams CAN run the football. Abingdon has MAJOR problems defending the run, especially against teams that are physical...Graham and Marion are the two most physical teams in the SWD this season (sorry Richlands but your #3 on that list).

[/ QUOTE ]

wow G-Man we agree on something.lol marion is tough across the front,and #49 is a load with athletic ability.the passing game of marion almost did Richlands in too.Graham is running with authority right now,and i dont see anyone in the SWD stopping them.Graham is getting better every week.

[ QUOTE ]

It looks like the falcons are going to finish 8-2 and miss the playoffs. That just dont seem right! How can this happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not going to happen, you're not going to finish 8-2!! You'll lose at least one, maybe two more games!!, so don't worry about it.

[ QUOTE ]

i dont think Grundy will be a walk in the park for Abingdon either. I think it will be a closer game than people think.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you mean like instead of 50-7 its going to be 43-14. Big deal Abingdon wins big.

hey g-guys you might be in for a little suprise. bring on the blitz-we will beat you deep! you guys better worry about your schedule and not drop any before you get here-or you won't have to worry about a tie! good luck

I agree. Everyone wants to complain about our schedule. We are trying to take care of that, but there are some AA schools who don't want to play us? That is the truth! They talk like they do, but behind the scenes they fear us!

[ QUOTE ]

We are trying to take care of that, but there are some AA schools who don't want to play us? That is the truth! They talk like they do, but behind the scenes they fear us!

[/ QUOTE ]

What AA schools don't want to play you???? If they don't want to play you, it isn't because they "fear" Abingdon...they probably don't want to have to drive for two or three hours to get there.

Keep playing the likes of PH and JSB...while you're worrying about your schedule, see what you can do to add Holston to it next year...I'm sure you'll want to drop Honaker since they beat you this season...

[ QUOTE ]

I agree. Everyone wants to complain about our schedule. We are trying to take care of that, but there are some AA schools who don't want to play us? That is the truth! They talk like they do, but behind the scenes they fear us!

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be the funniest thing I have ever read. Do us a favor, win something before you get delusional.... I remember a couple of years ago and after a couple of really bad butt whuppins Abingdon dropped Graham. Now people are afraid of the falcons? Come on......

[ QUOTE ]

We are not living in the past. We are about the NOW! WE ARE FALCONS!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, you aren't living in the past. Abingdon used to be good in football back in the 70s and 80s...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]wow team pride or stupidity no wait i know what that is its called really big grapefruits buddy WE ARE FALCONS hahahahaha we are the SWD this district is built on smash-mouth hard hitting football so until u can do that and until u learn that we'll be enjoying the jokes u write thanks

Wow, the bad thing is that I agree with a lot of what is being said on here. I don't think AHS fans are talking a lot of smack. Actually, a lot less than many others, not going to mention the schools. grin.gif

Someone had mentioned the Flinchum regime of late 90's, which I played. I agree with you 100%, the intensity of the players and staff has not been there since he left. (I am not talking about records, I am talking intensity.) You knew if you messed up from the coaches when I played. They got on your @ss when you didn't do what you were supposed to and would pay for it on Monday. Briscoe and Honaker also would get fired up. blush.gif It has been a whole different mentality when Flinchum left. I have the most repsect for him as a coach and person. He was an awesome coach to play for. A big believer in the Wing T which I could still run almost every play today, because he drilled it in our heads! (For you West Va. Fans out there, Flinchum was a starter for them back in the day!)

On a different note, I am not counting my chickens before they hatch. I would love to see Abingdon win out. I am not counting on it. But it would be great for a change. And I do agree that there needs to be some district/region changes with schedules. You will get no complaints from me at all.

That is my 2 cents. You guys be safe, and God Bless. smile.gif

As an old SWD supporter, I'll give the Falcons their due. Thet've come into a traditionally strong District and are(as of now) right in the thick of things. I for one did not expect Abingdon to even be mentioned as one of the top 2 or 3 teams this year. (But I also did not see Graham dropping 3 straight early or Tazewell winless, so what do I know???)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, you aren't living in the past. Abingdon used to be good in football back in the 70s and 80s...

[/ QUOTE ]seriously man, how can you sit there and say abingdon isn't good? and giving them down the road, just because of what some other people are saying? pick on the people who are saying stuff, not the football team, be a man, i think you need to stick to your motto thats underneath each of your post..

I can see this is not going anywhere guys. There is really no substance on either side. I don't think anyone has even attempted to prove or disprove anyone else based on any type of evidence.

In the words of Rodney King."Can't we all just get a long?" grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

BULL SNOT. For years, when Abingdon was in the Highlands district, they like the rest of those mighty highlands football powerhouses dodged playing the old Southwest District teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

A person with 2 post comes in here and starts that.... yeah, you are right. What the deal was pal, was the schools Abingdon played back in the 90's while still in the Highlands, had larger student populations. Why would they want to play them when they were playing schools thier size to begine with. I don't think anyone was dodging anyone.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with playing schools with larger enrollments. As I had mentioned in another post somewhere out there in forum world, I think there does need to be some shuffling around.

Someone had brought up that some schools such as Abingdon, plays smaller schools. Well those schools that we are still playing, 10 years ago, had close to same enrollment as Abingdon.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]wow team pride or stupidity no wait i know what that is its called really big grapefruits buddy WE ARE FALCONS hahahahaha we are the SWD this district is built on smash-mouth hard hitting football so until u can do that and until u learn that we'll be enjoying the jokes u write thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad that was settled last night GHS61. What do you think? shocked.gif