Graham at Abingdon

ghs84

The G-Men leave the middle of the field wide open. They Blitz a lot. Their backers play at 5-6 yrds deep. They are big but slow up front. so either the falcons will throw across the middle when they blitz or run around the ends. Falcons win a close one. 21-20

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

The G-Men leave the middle of the field wide open. They Blitz a lot. Their backers play at 5-6 yrds deep. They are big but slow up front. so either the falcons will throw across the middle when they blitz or run around the ends. Falcons win a close one. 21-20

[/ QUOTE ]

It's that simple...Problem is...when is the blitz coming? Graham has a HUGE line. They will wear Abingdon down. I have a feeling those little quick passes won't come as easy as you think... It takes 2 or 3 seconds for those receivers to get in position (even if it's across the middle). Graham's LB's can be on top of you in 2 seconds. The linemen will have their hands full.

i dont know if i would throw across the middle or not on Graham.that could be dangerous and costly.Graham's ability to stop the pass has gotten better and better every week.you cant expect to win on passing alone.for the pass to be effective you gotta have a running game.Graham has a defense thats been overlooked.

[ QUOTE ]

All due respect - Richlands' passing game graduated last year - Austin is a receiver. The Gmen haven't faced a duo like Henderson and Bailey. Lets be real man!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, I thought they returned 3 of 4 starting recievers..... And your line hasn't faced a bunch that is going to smack you in the mouth like the G-Men will. You are a finesse football team, translation: your football team is soft. You aren't playing Battle this week.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

After seeing both teams i have to give the edge to Abingdon. I think their passing game is just too much for Graham. And with it being at Abingdon that helps alot too. Good luck to both teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryan, you're just a "hater". Graham stopped Richland's passing game, Abingdon should be no different...Bailey is good, but he is not Fuller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Number one im not a "hater" of the football team. Just the band, and i have my reasons. Number two that was uncalled for. I was just stating my oppinon of how i see the games playing out.

[ QUOTE ]

Which begs the question, why do you hate the band? I know it's not pertinent to discussion. Just juicy, perhaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they play louder than Richlands. That and the fact that the Richlands band has to do some stupid "nursery rhyme" halftime show that none of the Richlands' fans like but are afraid to admit it...

As for Ryan being a "hater"...check out his post from the Big Blue Board...

[ QUOTE ]

Ryan4VT

Freshman Fan

Blue Tornado

Football

Re: RICHLANDS VS GRAHAM

Reply #2 - 09/16/07 at 11:18am

I circle this game on the calender all year. I personally HATE Graham. And i know of plenty of players that think Graham is the bigger rivalry than T-Town. Teh Boys should be fired up. And the fans better be. We are in for a tough fight. Never count Graham out, EVER.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will continue to invent the future, with all these tears and sadness. We are the Hokies. We will prevail, we will prevail. We will prevail! We are, Virginaia Tech!

IP Logged

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, Ryan...I'm pretty sure you actually used the phrase "I personally HATE Graham" in your post.

So, you're not a "hater"??? I'm not so sure about that Ryan...

Linky to the whole thread on the Big Blue Board...

http://bluetornadofootball.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1189908793

How is abingdon soft...give me some instances of abingdon being soft this year..im sorry but i have to disagree. just because abingdon had trouble stopping the run at honaker shouldnt automatically make them soft.. right?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Which begs the question, why do you hate the band? I know it's not pertinent to discussion. Just juicy, perhaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they play louder than Richlands. That and the fact that the Richlands band has to do some stupid "nursery rhyme" halftime show that none of the Richlands' fans like but are afraid to admit it...

[ QUOTE ]

Ryan4VT

Freshman Fan

Blue Tornado

Football

I circle this game on the calender all year. I personally HATE Graham. And i know of plenty of players that think Graham is the bigger rivalry than T-Town. Teh Boys should be fired up. And the fans better be. We are in for a tough fight. Never count Graham out, EVER.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will continue to invent the future, with all these tears and sadness. We are the Hokies. We will prevail, we will prevail. We will prevail! We are, Virginaia Tech!

IP Logged

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, Ryan...I'm pretty sure you actually used the phrase "I personally HATE Graham" in your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Ryan just hates Graham in general, nothing specific. I, in general, cant stand Narrows. Nothing personal against anyone there, just cant stand ya.

overall i myself do not care if ryan hates ghs or not. i have always loved ghs. and always will. so it does not matter one way or the other if he likes us or hates us it is his loss not ours.

The teams you have played make you soft.

Battle- Ranked 311 of 355 (Max Preps) Single A

Henry - Ranked 268 Single A

Richlands - Ranked 67 (Loss)

Tazwell - Ranked 286

Honaker - Ranked 182 single A (Loss)

Carroll- County - Ranked 198

Grundy -Ranked 291

Virginia- Ranked 195 Single A

Graham

Bluefield - Ranked 7 (West Virginia) AA

Blacksburg - Ranked 35- AA

Christianburg - Ranked 70- AA

These are the teams that beat Graham. The only time the Falcons were put to the test was against Richlands. And you lost. And the loss to a single A Honaker says something.

[ QUOTE ]

so basically what your saying is that the toughness of a teams schedule automatically makes them tough

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes them tougher than a team that plays a weak schedule...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ryan4VT

Freshman Fan

Blue Tornado

Football

IP Logged

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its an in general thing. I dont hate any of the players. Just the band. And no its not because they are louder than us. I could care less. That shows a lack of musicianship in my oppinion. And we have a show that finished 3rd in the nation last year. And for your info. We are done with that show. We will perform it one last time against Grundy for Sr. night. Then our halftime shows go to stands music. So no. Im not a hater of the people. Just the band and if you knew half the stuff that goes on between us, you would hate them too. Its pure jeoulsy. Thats all.

[ QUOTE ]

The teams you have played make you soft.

Battle- Ranked 311 of 355 (Max Preps) Single A

Henry - Ranked 268 Single A

Richlands - Ranked 67 (Loss)

Tazwell - Ranked 286

Honaker - Ranked 182 single A (Loss)

Carroll- County - Ranked 198

Grundy -Ranked 291

Virginia- Ranked 195 Single A

Graham

Bluefield - Ranked 7 (West Virginia) AA

Blacksburg - Ranked 35- AA

Christianburg - Ranked 70- AA

These are the teams that beat Graham. The only time the Falcons were put to the test was against Richlands. And you lost. And the loss to a single A Honaker says something.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that Honaker loss say? JW. That the quarterback played like crap and couldn't hold on to the ball, or that Logan Ball made the most amazing pick I've seen in High School Football, or that special teams gave up a blocked punt for a td, or that two of Abingdon's TO's(The Quarterback) were inside the 20? You're right it does say something. The Falcons to put it nicely played like crap. They had 6 TO's and still had a chance to win the game in the closing seconds. The fact that they kept their heads and battled back with all that was going on says something. So thanks for the compliment.

abington has a tuff team, them and graham will be a good game but i got to take abington by 2 touchdowns cause graham wont stop their offense and abington will be able to stop graham, expacially if marrs tries to throw the ball

different teams have different styles.and Graham's style has been very effective over abingdon in the past.If Abingdon has a problem stopping the run,well they will be in big trouble friday night.and Graham can stop the pass and the run.i think Abingdon's offense is overated because of their weak schedule.and Graham is underated because of their tough schedule.Graham has had an extra week to heal,rest and get ready for Abingdon.they are hungry to get back on the gridiron.and ready to welcome Abingdon to the SWD Graham G-Men style.

I wouldn't say Abingdon was soft at Honaker just their D-Line was undersize to Honaker O-Line that was just pushing the D-Line around. Honaker's line actually played up to their potential that night. Abingdon's run game also was shut down cause of the size of the D-line for Honaker but the passing game was awesome due to the fact of the corners cushion and also the corner not giving up on the pass routes the receiver were running. If Abingdon beats Graham it will be with the pass but Graham's corners plays up on the line and do a bump and run to throw the timing off Abingdon will be in for a long night if not Abingdon has about the best 4-5 yard timing patters I've saw for a long time.

[ QUOTE ]

I see your point, but that isn't always the case. Notre Dame plays a pretty tough schedule, but I would still take Sister Mary's School for the Blind over ND.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing matters when you don't have talent...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ryan4VT

Freshman Fan

Blue Tornado

Football

IP Logged

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its an in general thing. I dont hate any of the players. Just the band. And no its not because they are louder than us. I could care less. That shows a lack of musicianship in my oppinion. And we have a show that finished 3rd in the nation last year. And for your info. We are done with that show. We will perform it one last time against Grundy for Sr. night. Then our halftime shows go to stands music. So no. Im not a hater of the people. Just the band and if you knew half the stuff that goes on between us, you would hate them too. Its pure jeoulsy. Thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryan...you said it was #2 in the nation last year...now you say #3...which was it??? Well, it doesn't matter because it has no "fan appeal" at all...

And this one time, at band camp...

[ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say Abingdon was soft at Honaker just their D-Line was undersize to Honaker O-Line that was just pushing the D-Line around. Honaker's line actually played up to their potential that night. Abingdon's run game also was shut down cause of the size of the D-line for Honaker

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if that is fact, then Abingdon is in for a LONG night against Graham...

Anybody remember 2003 and 2004 when these two teams played??? Abingdon put Graham back on the schedule after not wanting to play them for several years (actually for the first time since 1983)...

2003...Abingdon comes in 4-1, talking about how bad they are going to beat Graham with their awesome offense, Graham 49-14. Wasn't it like 42-0 in the second quarter???

2004...Graham goes into Abingdon 3-2 and struggling, having lost badly to both Bluefield and Richalands...Graham 50-21.

I'm not saying the game is going to be a "blowout" like those two games were but Graham seems to have Abingdon's number...the Falcons just don't match up well against Graham...