Thoughts on Marion vs. Graham 2...

futbolking

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Well said. Blacksburg has nothing to do with a marion graham re-match.

[/ QUOTE ]that's exactly what i was implying..

[/ QUOTE ]From the looks of it Graham32 was just tryin to talk to futbolking and then this Eh31 says graham cant hang with blacksburg knowing good and well that graham in the past has been able to play with them...thats what it looks like to me...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

In the end we all know marion could never hang with blacksburg..thats just the way it is

[/ QUOTE ]and graham couldn't either..so what's your point?

[/ QUOTE ]I'd bet graham would have a better chance than pocy so yeah...haha

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

In the end we all know marion could never hang with blacksburg..thats just the way it is

[/ QUOTE ]and this is coming from a guy from pocy..hahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot... What does being from Pocahontas have anything to do with Graham getting their butts handed to them by Blacksburg, or the Graham/Marion game?

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks..haha i was just replying to what futbolking said

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'd bet graham would have a better chance than pocy so yeah...haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...you think so? Again, what does Pocahantas have to do with Graham or Marion. I think you need to worry about what you're going to do against Marion and not what Pocahontas and Marion could or couldnt do against Blacksburg.

LET ME FRESH YOUR MEMORY [ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was at the first game...Marion made a lot of mistakes, too. Wasn't their best performance either. I hope the rest of the G-Men come in that game with the same attitudeas this guy. Please don't blame sloppyness on their loss to Blacksburg...Graham just got dominated in every phase of the game in that one. Wouldn't have mattered if Tom Brady was at quarterback...

[/ QUOTE ]Futbolking brought it up so i geuss graham32 was just replying to it thats what it looks like to me..but yeah

and do you not think graham has not improved over the year.i would say after starting 0-3 to end up 6-4 is a big improvement. so if i were any team i do not think they would take graham lightly or should not.

[ QUOTE ]

LET ME FRESH YOUR MEMORY [ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was at the first game...Marion made a lot of mistakes, too. Wasn't their best performance either. I hope the rest of the G-Men come in that game with the same attitudeas this guy. Please don't blame sloppyness on their loss to Blacksburg...Graham just got dominated in every phase of the game in that one. Wouldn't have mattered if Tom Brady was at quarterback...

[/ QUOTE ]Futbolking brought it up so i geuss graham32 was just replying to it thats what it looks like to me..but yeah

[/ QUOTE ]

And that was in response to somebody blaming their loss to Blacksburg on "sloppiness"...give me a break, give credit where it is due.

you seem to want to keep bringing up a game early in the year that ghs did get blown out in but look what they did after that rocky start to the season. i think ghs has moved way past the first 3 games and will be more than ready for a improving marion team also.one thing ghs has going for them is they made it through a tough start and a heart pounding loss to abingdon but still came out on top. they have not ever given up. so my take is marion had be very prepared for a ghs team with something to prove to all in swd. no one not even most ghs fans gave this team a snow balls chance in you know where to even be close to the top of the district much less in the playoffs.i got to see 2 games this year bhs and ths game and what i saw was a totally different team from the start of the season to then.they do seem to be playing as a team.it will be a close game and i figure maybe 21-14 ghs when the game is over.

i myself do not doubt the g-men i feel that they will win every game they are in. not always the case but how i feel. i went to all their games when my son was playing for ghs then i moved and have not gotten to many in the past several years. but still always have faith the gmen will win.

Graham has improved in the one area that they were missing early. They "believe" they can win against any team they play now. Marion has that ground game that will test the G-Men again. This game will look like a throwback game. Both teams will come and try to pound it, both teams have increasingly agressive defenses and it is the "Playoffs". Loser goes home. Looking for some big hits in this game. My nod goes to the G-Men in a thriller defined and settled within the last 2 minutes of the game.

i'd just like to add a little bit of trivia for a second...

in 2005, the bluefield beavers came off a championship season and the thought in the back of their head that because of all the seniors and starters they lost to 2004, this year would be another "reloading" year.

however, as the beavers went 5-4 in the regular season, they earned a spot SOMEHOW in the playoffs. so the beavers did the traveling, and defeated all the opponents they had previously lost to during the regular season, the biggest one being James Monroe.

the 5-4 Beavers were now 8-4 going into the state champoinship. they lost horribly to Weir 40-0, but only trainled 7-0 at the half. in fact the only thing that beat them was lack of leadership that game. Mr. JTP started the game as each team was being called out, and approached weir as if he were going to fight every one of them. that put the beavers in the wrong mindset, and consequently cost them a most miserable loss.

but the POINT is, teams that lose during regular season can pick up their game, and play their new style during playoffs. even though it's not story book, i'd love to see graham make it all the way wit ha winning record and a ring. but let's get past marion first, then richlands or whoever, and worry about one at a time. but know this g-men...it can and HAS been done...you just have to do it.

[ QUOTE ]

you seem to want to keep bringing up a game early in the year that ghs did get blown out in but look what they did after that rocky start to the season. i think ghs has moved way past the first 3 games and will be more than ready for a improving marion team also.one thing ghs has going for them is they made it through a tough start and a heart pounding loss to abingdon but still came out on top. they have not ever given up. so my take is marion had be very prepared for a ghs team with something to prove to all in swd. no one not even most ghs fans gave this team a snow balls chance in you know where to even be close to the top of the district much less in the playoffs.i got to see 2 games this year bhs and ths game and what i saw was a totally different team from the start of the season to then.they do seem to be playing as a team.it will be a close game and i figure maybe 21-14 ghs when the game is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't bring it up...read my ORIGINAL post... I'm the one who started this thread. I just said quit blaming a 55-7 loss on sloppiness, that is ridiculous.

i was at that game,and Graham was leading it 7-0 then the injuries started.we lost our starting QB then we lost brewster, scott wasnt 100%,and i dont know who else.but Graham had it going then things fell apart.play that game 10 times and i dont think you would ever see a 55-7 score in any one of them,if no injuries happen.not making excuses just stating facts.that was a bad loss,but the G-Men got over it,and everyone else should.the game with Marion will be a good one,but ever who wins will be the one who wants it more.good luck G-Men!!!!!!!