Marion vs Graham score

RHS_1980

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone complaining about the officiating tonight, yes there were yellow flags on the ground all night, and almost all of them went against Graham. But in the end we still committed the penalties. Stupid penalties, like blocking in the back when the runner is 15 yards in front of you. And jumping into the neutral zone trying to jump the snap, which happened at least 5 times tonight. Add to that, no one blocked a soul all night and you get the result we got. I don't know where the G-Men were tonight, they must have stayed in Double Gates, these guys were imposters.Congratulations to Marion who regardless of what anyone says earned the victory tonight. Richlands better not overlook this bunch or they might face the same fate we did.

well...at least you didn't get beat 6-0 in OT and have 2 TD's called back...lol...I feel bad for the Graham kids tonight...but you guys did good this year...be proud of what you have done.

[ QUOTE ]

For anyone complaining about the officiating tonight, yes there were yellow flags on the ground all night, and almost all of them went against Graham. But in the end we still committed the penalties. Stupid penalties, like blocking in the back when the runner is 15 yards in front of you. And jumping into the neutral zone trying to jump the snap, which happened at least 5 times tonight. Add to that, no one blocked a soul all night and you get the result we got. I don't know where the G-Men were tonight, they must have stayed in Double Gates, these guys were imposters.Congratulations to Marion who regardless of what anyone says earned the victory tonight. Richlands better not overlook this bunch or they might face the same fate we did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for giving an accurate picture of the game. Believe me, all the Richlands fans sitting around me was wanting it to be Graham in a rematch. Graham had a great season and just came up short tonight. Congratulations G-Men on a good season, you had a great year to build on for next year.

You know what guys, this is not about you, it's about those youngsters who played their hearts out all season after being down 0-3 and fighting back, beating RHS, and winning the Southwest District. I don't know what happened tonight, but Graham has nothing to hang their heads about. Be proud, stop talking smack. You should all be above that. Congrats to Marion...they played a great game and will be tough to beat. Don't think RHS doesn't realize how tough Marion will be, and the game will be decided on the field, not by posters saying Marion will destroy RHS or RHS will destroy Marion. "If if's and butts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas"!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Graham doesn't stand a chance in this game...its a Richlands-dominated officiating crew...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe you posted that ! But,I won't argue with a ............... whats your old saying ?

[/ QUOTE ]

All the names I heard of the officiating crew are either current residents of Richlands, have coached/taught at Richlands, went to Richlands, or a combination thereof...this crew is known as the "Richlands Mafia"...

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking as a Richlands fan, I want Graham to win so we can give you guys the whipping you deserved earlier in the season. Guess you already have a pretty handy excuse ready if your lucky enough to get that far.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Richlands Mafia" isn't going to let Graham get a second shot at Richlands...that's what the Richlands fans really want anyway...they don't want to have to play Graham again...

[/ QUOTE ] Please tell me you're smarter than that GMan, I hope you're just trying to get a rise out of people with that post. Everybody in Richlands, especially the players, wanted a re-match with Graham. If you really believe what you posted, I have lost a lot of respect for you. Surely you don't really believe that nonsense!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Graham doesn't stand a chance in this game...its a Richlands-dominated officiating crew...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe you posted that ! But,I won't argue with a ............... whats your old saying ?

[/ QUOTE ]

All the names I heard of the officiating crew are either current residents of Richlands, have coached/taught at Richlands, went to Richlands, or a combination thereof...this crew is known as the "Richlands Mafia"...

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking as a Richlands fan, I want Graham to win so we can give you guys the whipping you deserved earlier in the season. Guess you already have a pretty handy excuse ready if your lucky enough to get that far.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Richlands Mafia" isn't going to let Graham get a second shot at Richlands...that's what the Richlands fans really want anyway...they don't want to have to play Graham again...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was on the field after the Richlands/Patrick Co game and know for a fact that the coaches and players were EXTREMELY disappointed that Graham got beat. Sort of the same feeling where Tazewell beat you guys in regular season and you got a shot a them again and dominated Tazewell in the playoffs. You can blame the refs, the weather, or anything you want, but don't get on here and say that Richlands did not want another shot at Graham. Trust me...all Richlands coaches and players dearly wanted to play Graham again and were most definitely pulling for you. Congratulations on a great season...I guess you get to keep your bragging rights for a year.

i was at the game for the most part and the officiating WAS HORRIBLE...every big play Graham would have they would get a penalty...and then either stall the drive...or turn it over...i couldnt believe the officiating...i was apalled (sp?)....Graham just couldnt get anything going...

Maybe they actually commited the penalties, and thats why they had big plays. Holding and blocks in the back will certainly help you make big plays. Wasnt at the game, but Im just saying that maybe the officiating wasnt bad, and maybe Graham just played a bad/sloppy game.

I'm using someone else name to post this. I have played for the G-Men four years. Some of you know me has Tank others as #21. I would like to thank all those that supported us this year. And I feel that I left everything on the field tonite. It was a honor to play all the teams this year. And I wish the best to those still in it. Tonite I almost made a late hit on the sidelines out of frustration. And I would like to thank the Marion coach who helped me up and said "Don't go there, Your a better player then that." No excuses please guys. And give Marion there do. I can bet this loss cost me more then it did you. If I can leave with class then I would hope that our fans could also.

Nice post Tank. It speaks volumes about who you are, and we appreciate the four years you gave the fans at Graham. I was at the game last night. Yes we were a little flat from the start. The early long touchdown by the Lyon kid seemed to hurt. The kids didn't give up and kept plugging along. Way too many penalties, most of them were obvious and were mental errors. There were some questionable calls, and there always is in every game. Marion played an excellent ballgame. Take nothing away from them at all. They lost several games this year that they could have instead been 8-2. Richlands will be ready, but do not think that Marion cannot win the game. I expect it to be close. In the end, it was a good season for Graham, they came up a little short. It just wasn't our night. In any sport, anything can happen. Just ask the Colorado Rockies, it wasn't their night four games in a row.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm using someone else name to post this. I have played for the G-Men four years. Some of you know me has Tank others as #21. I would like to thank all those that supported us this year. And I feel that I left everything on the field tonite. It was a honor to play all the teams this year. And I wish the best to those still in it. Tonite I almost made a late hit on the sidelines out of frustration. And I would like to thank the Marion coach who helped me up and said "Don't go there, Your a better player then that." No excuses please guys. And give Marion there do. I can bet this loss cost me more then it did you. If I can leave with class then I would hope that our fans could also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said young man, and you have nothing to hang your head about you lead the G-Man to a wonderful season and played hard on both sides of the ball. Good luck to you in whatever you do in life...I have no doubt you will be successful with your work ethic. It was a pleasure watching you these past few years.

I guess I am the only one going to give credit to Marion...u guys are having an excellent season and from what I heard deserved to win this on and play hard all night...No one gave you this game except for graham, not the officials, nobody..People on this board just wine about everything except the facts...Here is a fact Marion 1-0 in the playoffs only stat that matters.

Coach Marrs has instilled in his team more than football prowess.....also, character that will serve them well later on in life. Congrats Graham on the good year you had....and we know you will support whomever comes out of the SWD next week as the region representative.

[ QUOTE ]

i was at the game for the most part and the officiating WAS HORRIBLE...every big play Graham would have they would get a penalty...and then either stall the drive...or turn it over...i couldnt believe the officiating...i was apalled (sp?)....Graham just couldnt get anything going...

[/ QUOTE ] Did you ever think that the reason Graham was penalized was because they actually committed the penalties? Are officials not supposed to call penalties on Graham? Just because the officials call penalties on your favorite team doesn't mean the officiating was horrible.

The Telegraph said this morning that Marion would be playing in their first Region IV title game since 2001. Not sure if they had won any playoff games from then until last night though.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this post is what "Class" is all about.