GRAHAM NEEDS ONE FOOTBALL GAME FOR THE 2008 SEASON...

GMan

Graham High School needs one football game to fill their schedule for the 2008 football season.

Open dates are 9/26, 10/17, and 11/7.

Please contact Doug Marrs at Graham High School, 276-326-1235, if interested.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

no more Mount View?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. They dropped Graham like a hot potato and the Graham staff found out through the grapevine. They didn't even bother to call Graham and say they didn't want to play anymore.

maybe you can pick up VA High...they are always dropping people they can't beat or don't think they can beat...so, if you have not played them in a while there could be some openings....maybe?

Will Graham be willing to schedule a Single A team, I know they never have in the past, it'll be hard to get a game in VA considering most are already set for next year on the 2nd year of the VA schedule rotation. They might have to go out of state or find a team that got dropped by a team like they did.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham High School needs one football game to fill their schedule for the 2008 football season.

[/ QUOTE ]they could play blfd twice again like a few years back

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]they could play blfd twice again like a few years back

[/ QUOTE ]\

HECK no. that takes all the spirit out of the matchup because whoever wins the first one, if they lose the second one then all the glory that they have the first go around that would normally be there till the next year, would be gone.

it really sucks, IMO and i played on the team when they did that...nobody enjoyed it besides the winner of the second game.

so sorry, i say out of the question. keep the beaver-graham sacred and make it once a year like all football rivalries should be. keep it holy...nuffsaid.

Look, Graham is not going to play anyone of lesser talent. They will find a game that will prepare them for the playoffs, i.e. it most certainly will not be a cupcake game.

Either AA or greater from WV or TN would be my guess

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the "lead" I gave Doug comes to pass, it might raise a few eyebrows...but then again, it might not...just another case of Graham taking on all comers...

If next year is anything like this year, I'd pay to see them play Richlands twice instead of Bluefield...Richlands vs. Graham is always a good hook up...not going to happen but it would be sweet.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the "lead" I gave Doug comes to pass, it might raise a few eyebrows...but then again, it might not...just another case of Graham taking on all comers...

[/ QUOTE ]

Who ya talking about G-Man?? possibly Salem or Amherst??

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

salem or amherst would be nice smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that game would be a blowout...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

i think he was being sarcastic..lol but your too dumb to recognize it

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah im dumb because he was so blatantly sarcastic...

[ QUOTE ]

For the gmens sake lets hope it isnt salem or amherst

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't either of them...its an out-of-state school. Coach Marrs has been trying to get in contact with them since Tuesday but hasn't had any luck reaching anyone yet.

James Monroe still hasn't called back either...they seem to be content with a nine-game schedule sans the G-Men.

One school has contacted Graham and is willing to play them but putting them on the schedule would be a first for Graham...but at least they had the balls to step up...and I apologize to that school for every bad thing I've said about them in the past.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

For the gmens sake lets hope it isnt salem or amherst

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't either of them...its an out-of-state school. Coach Marrs has been trying to get in contact with them since Tuesday but hasn't had any luck reaching anyone yet.

James Monroe still hasn't called back either...they seem to be content with a nine-game schedule sans the G-Men.

One school has contacted Graham and is willing to play them but putting them on the schedule would be a first for Graham...but at least they had the balls to step up...and I apologize to that school for every bad thing I've said about them in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Montcalm???