Giants @ Packers

seth_hill

I like Favre and the Packers but the Giants are playing great on the road...nine straight road wins (including two in the playoffs) since a Week 1 loss in Dallas...and their D has only given up an average of 14/game in those nine wins...only one team has scored more than 20 on them during this streak (Buffalo scored 21 in a 38-21 loss in Week 16)...

Going to be a great game and a great Sunday for staying in the house to watch the game...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The temp is going to be ZERO around game time....the wind chill will make it like 30 below. You have to be acclimated to weather of that kind, as best you can. I've been in Wis-CON-sin during Dec and Jan.....you're all bundled up and shiverrrrrring....and they're kinda laughing at you....it's just another colder than usual day for them.

I'm not saying the Giants don't have cold weather but unless you've experienced true Artic air....it can actually be mind numbing. I would say this weather will give the edge to Green Bay....... that stadium is gonna be rocking with ice fishing fanatics, everyday ppl (some nuts even shirtless...okay, maybe for awhile)....families that live this kind of weather.

[ QUOTE ]

I like Favre and the Packers but the Giants are playing great on the road...nine straight road wins (including two in the playoffs) since a Week 1 loss in Dallas...and their D has only given up an average of 14/game in those nine wins...only one team has scored more than 20 on them during this streak (Buffalo scored 21 in a 38-21 loss in Week 16)...

Going to be a great game and a great Sunday for staying in the house to watch the game...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait. Chicken wings and football....aaaaaahhhhh

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait. Chicken wings and football....aaaaaahhhhh

[/ QUOTE ]

And beer...

[ QUOTE ]

The temp is going to be ZERO around game time....the wind chill will make it like 30 below. You have to be acclimated to weather of that kind, as best you can. I've been in Wis-CON-sin during Dec and Jan.....you're all bundled up and shiverrrrrring....and they're kinda laughing at you....it's just another colder than usual day for them.

I'm not saying the Giants don't have cold weather but unless you've experienced true Artic air....it can actually be mind numbing. I would say this weather will give the edge to Green Bay....... that stadium is gonna be rocking with ice fishing fanatics, everyday ppl (some nuts even shirtless...okay, maybe for awhile)....families that live this kind of weather.

[/ QUOTE ]

NY gets its fair share of Artic air and crap that rolls in off the northern atlantic...plus...you have to figure they are use to smelling NJ...so that has to give them some sort of strategic edge...lol.

[ QUOTE ]

I read somewheres that NY always plays better in road games, which is different than most teams. I give the advantage to GB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, yeh...you probably read that about six or so posts above this one...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NY gets its fair share of Artic air and crap that rolls in off the northern atlantic...plus...you have to figure they are use to smelling NJ...so that has to give them some sort of strategic edge...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're so right about that...was in NYC in Jan. about 3 yrs. ago....doing the sightseeing thing (ground zero WTC was a life reflecting moment). Decided to take the double decker bus tour....they asked if we wanted to ride on top....I told them they were crazy....only ppl from MN would ride up there in that kind of weather. Now, I'll give you it was VERY cold that weekend but the weather in the open spaces in WI is IMO more "brisk".....you had the tall bldgs. blocking alot of the wind in NYC. The smell from NJ wasn't evident on that cold day....probably takes some much warmer weather to get the right mix going...lol.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're so right about that...was in NYC in Jan. about 3 yrs. ago....doing the sightseeing thing (ground zero WTC was a life reflecting moment). Decided to take the double decker bus tour....they asked if we wanted to ride on top....I told them they were crazy....only ppl from MN would ride up there in that kind of weather. Now, I'll give you it was VERY cold that weekend but the weather in the open spaces in WI is IMO more "brisk".....you had the tall bldgs. blocking alot of the wind in NYC. The smell from NJ wasn't evident on that cold day....probably takes some much warmer weather to get the right mix going...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

it all just depends on how the wind is blowing...if it's blowing in from the NJ side, you will smell it...kinda smells like rotten fish...lol...no kidding.

I like Green Bay in this one, but it'll probably be close. Both teams are playing well, I think Farve's experience will be key, people think he's overdue for a bad game, stop the NY rushing attack and Eli Manning is in for one.

Eli Manning is the one that is due for a bad game. The guy was horrible throughout the regular season up until the last game and so far through the playoffs. I think this is the one where he comes out and plays like he normally does. Packers roll.

Posted January 19, 2008 from Packers site

Postseason Insider: Sleveless tradition runs deep on line

Chatter

No matter how cold it gets on Sunday, the Packers' offensive linemen won't be wearing sleeves, a tradition that at least dates to center Frank Winters in the 1990s. As a rookie, tackle Chad Clifton remembers getting the cold shoulder after asking Winters about wearing sleeves.

"I might have asked him, but it's like, 'What about sleeves, you know, it's 10 degrees right now. Why are we going out there in just T-shirts and our shoulder pads?'" Clifton said. "And, it's just the way it is."

Now, Clifton gives that same bit of advice to younger offensive linemen. "It's like, 'Hey, we don't wear sleeves here, so get used to it,'" he said.

Clifton said he dresses the same whether the temperature is 80 or zero.

"There's really no change," he said. "We live in Green Bay year-round so we're kind of accustomed to the weather. Me, personally, as far as any equipment changes, there'll be none. We really don't wear the thermals and all that stuff as an offensive line. We just kind of go out there."

The no-sleeves policy may be a sign of toughness, but Clifton was asked whether it was a smart thing to do.

"Well, Mike Eayrs (Packers director of research & development) tells us every Thursday, he gets up in front of the team and speaks to us," Clifton said. "He says, 'You know, nobody's going to go to the hospital from the weather, so you guys will live it through it.' It's a mental thing. You've just got to be tough."

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i just hope favre still rocks the long sleeve white tshirt instead of underarmour...

Just wanted to go on record that I am rooting for Ahmad Bradshaw, a local, from SWVA/Tazewell Co./Graham to have a great run producing game today. I'm still cheering for the Pack but I won't be disappointed to see a local young man "do his thing."

[ QUOTE ]

Just wanted to go on record that I am rooting for Ahmad Bradshaw, a local, from SWVA/Tazewell Co./Graham to have a great run producing game today. I'm still cheering for the Pack but I won't be disappointed to see a local young man "do his thing."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most on this board feel the same way...

yep...gotta pull for the hometown boy all the way...i think either way no matter what happens today, Bradshaw has done a great job this year...it's great to see a local guy do so good.