Bluefield-Graham post-game discussion.

BeaverHokie

Mitchell stadium has a video scoreboard also, or at least I thought they added one last season. Not sure if theirs plays videos or not, but ours only plays animations, messages and player info. Im sure it could play video if it were set up for it.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitchell stadium has a video scoreboard also, or at least I thought they added one last season. Not sure if theirs plays videos or not, but ours only plays animations, messages and player info. Im sure it could play video if it were set up for it.

Mitchell Stadium's scoreboard does not have video capability...

http://www.bafra.org/rulesctee/rulebook/2005/signals.htm

#14...without the ball, as he was turning and making his way through the mass of players piled in the endzone, he half-heartedly raised his right hand to about head level, and then headed to the official's locker room. I assumed his hand motion was an attempt to signal the end of the quarter/game...he was about as unsure with that call as he was at trying to figure out if it were a TD or a fumble...that was the only "signal" given by any of the officials on the field on the final play...

I was hoping that was what was given, and if a TD wasn't called, and the clock had ran out, thats about all you can do, unless they want to give a signal for Graham ball on the recovery, or a touchback if they were down in the end zone.

first and foremost size means nothing when you have heart... I am soooo sick of hearing you people blast these guys about how small they are... if these young men were giants it would have been hard to beat those terrible "so called officials" From what I hear they were from Richlands.....its sad that they would represent a football town because they had no idea of what was going on or they were simply body cavities below the waistline... News Flash Happy campers................ "Graham didnt win that ballgame". The officials pretty much did it for them. The Graham players and coaches should enjoy the W because they couldnt control what the officials did....>> However they may not ever want to look at that game on film...first off that was the most unsportsmanlike Graham team ever....they held, hit late, facemask, etc. etc. ...aside from that they would have to see that most of the calls made against that "young, small, fast Bluefield team" had no base at all just SWD officials biases..... Good Luck to the G-Men and congratulations on the win................GOD BLESS THE BLUEFIELD BEAVERS

Guest JJBrickface
Well i mean they cant stop the clock unless they get a fist down. so the officals did the right thing

Nooo. They were unceretain. They should have stopped the clock to sort it out!! Period!

first and foremost size means nothing when you have heart... I am soooo sick of hearing you people blast these guys about how small they are... if these young men were giants it would have been hard to beat those terrible "so called officials" From what I hear they were from Richlands.....its sad that they would represent a football town because they had no idea of what was going on or they were simply body cavities below the waistline... News Flash Happy campers................ "Graham didnt win that ballgame". The officials pretty much did it for them. The Graham players and coaches should enjoy the W because they couldnt control what the officials did....>> However they may not ever want to look at that game on film...first off that was the most unsportsmanlike Graham team ever....they held, hit late, facemask, etc. etc. ...aside from that they would have to see that most of the calls made against that "young, small, fast Bluefield team" had no base at all just SWD officials biases..... Good Luck to the G-Men and congratulations on the win................GOD BLESS THE BLUEFIELD BEAVERS

Another crybaby loser........

Nooo. They were unceretain. They should have stopped the clock to sort it out!! Period!

You don't "stop the clock" to sort out where the ball is. They don't do it when there is 5:32 to go in the 1st quarter, and they don't do it when there is :05 left either. My opinion is that the Bluefield coaching staff got arrogant. They wanted to say that Will Cole drove his team 98 yards against his former team and scored the winning touchdown in his senior year. Otherwise they would have kicked the field goal when the ball was at the 7 yard line in the center of the field on 3rd down with 20 seconds left. Arrogance and greed. I didn't see cole cramping up when he drove the team down the field. Freddy got greedy. There was nothing wrong with cole. Cry about officiating all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you lost.

In response to phatbeaver

To say that was the most unsportsmanlike Graham team ever is way way off base. There was very aggressive play from both sides. If you read the stats you would see that Graham had 9 penalties for 85 yards and bluefield 5 for 25 yards. There was a very questionable holding call on Graham late in the 3rd qtr that stopped a drive that would have put the game away. Also the officials had a very dubious spot on Lane's 4th down run with two minutes left. That would have ended the game right there. I am saying there was 48 minutes of football. One play by either team or one call by an official does not win or lose a game by itself. I spoke with a gentleman Saturday morning who happened to be sitting on Bluefield's side on the goal line. He told me he could not see Cole at all in the mass of bodies. If anyone on the site says they saw cole in the endzone they must be named Clark Kent. Graham has watched the film. They say cole did not get in. They are upset they did not put the game away with the way completely dominated the line of scrimmage. Bluefield watching the same film would say otherwise. This game is over. Both teams have tough games next week. Neither team has a chance if they are still reliving this game. Good luck to Graham and Bluefield the rest of the season. You both respresent what is great about this area.

why are you crying so much, move on bhs lost ghs won case closed. as for officials i have seen games when it is bhs home game and the refs are from the wv side and ghs gets bad calls against them bad spots against them and bhs got all the breaks. so what that happens, is it right no but things happen but for you to question the va refs and say graham is a bad team you are way out of line. grow up, ghs is no more a dirty playing team than your beloved beavers.

Congratulations to Graham, they made the plays to win the game. I feel positive from what I saw out of Bluefield minus the mistakes in the 3rd quarter. They're a very young team, but showed a lot of promise and I believe they can have a big year. A number of Beavers played very well, but Will Cole looked especially good. He's come a long ways from a season ago and looked so much more mobile in the pocket with a healthy knee. Patterson and Lilly also stood out throughout the night with outstanding plays. My hope is that Bluefield can move past this huge disappointment and not let Graham beat them again this week. Again though, congratulations to Graham. It was certainly their night as 95% of the breaks that decide a close game went their way.

so i guess bhs is a perfect team they never hit late, hold, face mask, offsides or anything. geee it is nice to see such a perfect team. phat man or what ever his name is must be right. the refs were out to get the might beavers against graham. must be why ghs had more penalties and yards against them. again no team is perfect kids do hit late it happens, for the most part i dont think it is on purpose but just in the heat of the game. so guys grow up, let it go graham beat your beavers fair and square the refs did not run the ball ghs runners did that. bhs fans should be proud of how their team did not give up but took the ball from the 2 yard line and did have a chance to win at the end. maybe you need to blame your coach for not kicking the field goal instead of running it. but then you all would not have something to cry about and no one on the ghs side to blame for the loss if he had kicked it and misssed. again grow up quit trying to find someone else to blame for the loss, take it like a man and move on to next game or you will get your head handed to you in your hats by princeton i think is the next game for the beavers.

Congratulations to Graham, they made the plays to win the game. I feel positive from what I saw out of Bluefield minus the mistakes in the 3rd quarter. They're a very young team, but showed a lot of promise and I believe they can have a big year. A number of Beavers played very well, but Will Cole looked especially good. He's come a long ways from a season ago and looked so much more mobile in the pocket with a healthy knee. Patterson and Lilly also stood out throughout the night with outstanding plays. My hope is that Bluefield can move past this huge disappointment and not let Graham beat them again this week. Again though, congratulations to Graham. It was certainly their night as 95% of the breaks that decide a close game went their way.

you are right rules it was a great game and any bhs fan should be proud of this team for the way they played and some as i have said should quit trying to find someone else to blame for the loss. breaks in football can go one way or the other. beaver has had their share of breaks against graham in games and so has graham. this was grahams night and they got the breaks. maybe simmons should have opted to kick the field goal. at least that would have left no doubt about the end of the game for those on the wv side. and i agree bhs needs to let go of this one game and think about next week or like i said they could get their heads handed to them in their hats. good luck next week hope you guys get on the winning side next week.

I am personally proud of the way the beavers hung in there after being down by 9 points as young as they are. The players, coaches, and fans should be proud of the effort and just move on. I think this team will rebound and have a good season. Something I wondered during the game though is why they did not use Baker, Williams, and Steptoe in the backfield. They looked good running the ball in the Nitro scrimmage. Anyway goodluck beavers and good luck G-Men.

Guest JJBrickface

There is definitely a lot of talent on the team. One player that I really like is Jake Lilly but I would like to see him lower the shoulder a little more. The key for this team is the same for all young Bluefield teams in the past, get better with every game!

Name one cheap shot the Beavers took Friday night?

Every open field "tackle" that Lilly made was a diving shot at the knees...that's kinda cheap if you ask me...

Every open field "tackle" that Lilly made was a diving shot at the knees...that's kinda cheap if you ask me...

That is the easiest way to tackle a player, and it is not cheap. Is it wrong to try to make a tackle on someone? No.

Guest JJBrickface

Its legal therefor its not cheap. The only time I see it as cheap is when its on a QB who is just standing in the pocket.

That is the easiest way to tackle a player, and it is not cheap. Is it wrong to try to make a tackle on someone? No.

no it is not wrong to try and make a tackle but and i was not at the game i would call it a cheap shot if you could make the tackle without diving at someones knees, such as tackle around the waist, now if you are not close enough or fast enough to catch someone this way then the other way i feel is not a cheap shot.to me cheap shots are hitting late, out of bounds and hitting the qb low if you have other options to tackle him. again if he is on the move and diving to tackle around the legs then that is not a cheap shot. the qb is just as dangerous running in most cases as a rb. so if he is on the move then tackling him like you would a nother offensive player is ok. as i have listed above.

Its legal therefor its not cheap. The only time I see it as cheap is when its on a QB who is just standing in the pocket.

why is th qb any different than a rb or wr. sometimes a defensive player is blocked and he dives at the qb to tackle him, again if there is another way to tackle him then should do that but like it was said sometimes it is the only way to tackle someone.

im a graham fan but that aint cheap, yeah some bluefield ppl are whinning on here about everything and honestly i dont blame them... but as far as lilly taken someones knees out, THATS FOOTBALL, hell should we play 2 hand touch? fans wanna see hits, players wanna hit... so let them hit, if he aint pulling a face mask or horse collaring someone or just something extremely dirty then nothing is wrong with the tackle... you are taught (well should be taught but the art has been lost over the years especially in college) to tackle at the legs and wrap up... as far as coming in and taken someones legs out, thats what you do, i mean thats just smart on lillys part, if he would of went for the waist the guy could of slipped the tackle so why even take a chance? im sure he wanted to drill the person to but like i said ITS FOOTBALL quit trying to turn it into powder puff football...

im a graham fan but that aint cheap, yeah some bluefield ppl are whinning on here about everything and honestly i dont blame them... but as far as lilly taken someones knees out, THATS FOOTBALL, hell should we play 2 hand touch? fans wanna see hits, players wanna hit... so let them hit, if he aint pulling a face mask or horse collaring someone or just something extremely dirty then nothing is wrong with the tackle... you are taught (well should be taught but the art has been lost over the years especially in college) to tackle at the legs and wrap up... as far as coming in and taken someones legs out, thats what you do, i mean thats just smart on lillys part, if he would of went for the waist the guy could of slipped the tackle so why even take a chance? im sure he wanted to drill the person to but like i said ITS FOOTBALL quit trying to turn it into powder puff football...

Yeah its smart to take the legs out because he knew he would get ran over lol( J/K)..but he did what had to do to make a play thats football.

And what about a nod to Marrs at the center position. He caught some grief on here last year, but is much improved. You can see he's bigger, and really made Scott's running effective.

Tony Barreras is a beast. What was the deal with his trips to the bench? Looked like some kind of bleeding issue.

barreras had a cut on the bottom of his lip, it was pretty nasty.

congrads to both teams. the main reason graham won is because of the line and the big g defense this game were to aggresive for this beaver offense, cole had an impresive game although he -23 rushing on 6 rushing attempts thats why the gmen came out with this win bluefields line was way to small.patterson had a immpresive rushing game. Grahams offense was great to dom lane and kyle harris had impresive games. bluefields key in practice should be the line and grahams is we need to start passing the ball, everyone knows the game plan by now. congrads to both teams both teams will have good records