worst football field in SWVA

Canes00

Marion

St. Paul, hands down. On the visitor side, not that there is much of one, you can't see anything. If you are trying to sit on one of the three rows of bleachers, you have to look through the chain link fence. It is horrible.

St. Paul, hands down. On the visitor side, not that there is much of one, you can't see anything. If you are trying to sit on one of the three rows of bleachers, you have to look through the chain link fence. It is horrible.

That wouldnt classify as the field though. That would be a seating issue. I think it was Appys field at one time was full of rocks.

well,giles was bad..been awhile since i been there..the scoreboard was so far away..richlands was awful but now it's probably one of the best..mitchell staduim is so bad..so many open places..the food is just to good..you never really get a bad seat..i hate over there...lol...k,that was sarcasm..it's a great place

As far as the playing surface in the SWD, back in the day, it would have been Grundy and/or Marion. Marion still appears to be the same. Grundy has at least picked a few rocks up. From the stand point of watching a game......well where do I start. Grundy, Marion, Gate City, Honaker, Lebanon.......

In the 80's, Virginia High had the best field by far.

AMEN to that! Just went there Tuesday for a youth league game hoping it had improved,and it still sucks

Wise rolled in crunch bunch and Division 1. St.Paul got D-2. The Deacons have a solid group of 7th-graders. They remind me a little bit of my son's 8th-grade bunch (which is still rolling along after dumping PV 22-13 last night)

Guest zeus71

Back when UVA wise shared carol dale stadium with JJ kelly the field was awful. We played there one friday night after a Thursday night CVC game that was played in the wet weather. There was no field the mud was ankle deep. It was kind of fun to play in but as far as any execution there was not much of it. It was truly 3 yards and no cloud of dust but a mud puddle.

As far as the playing surface in the SWD, back in the day, it would have been Grundy and/or Marion. Marion still appears to be the same. Grundy has at least picked a few rocks up. From the stand point of watching a game......well where do I start. Grundy, Marion, Gate City, Honaker, Lebanon.......

In the 80's, Virginia High had the best field by far.

Va Highs field is pretty nice...

I hate the sound system at Grundy...it's distracting, overly loud, and annoying...if I ever win the lotto, I am going to write them a check for a new one...lol...what they have now looks like the bull horns from a MASH episode stuck up on poles that block your view of the field.

Use to be Richlands. Seemed like when we would play them the grass hadn't been mowed in about 2 weeks it looked like and when you stood on one sideline you couldn't see the other teams feet on their sideline because the massive hump in the middle of the field.

Use to be Richlands. Seemed like when we would play them the grass hadn't been mowed in about 2 weeks it looked like and when you stood on one sideline you couldn't see the other teams feet on their sideline because the massive hump in the middle of the field.

all that watering down makes the grass grow! lol

Thats called drainage!

When I played, it was always rumored that Gate City would water down the field all day long to make it more difficult for us to run the ball... I don't know if this is true or not? Made for a good rumor anyway. That is when the really tall QB played for them, Andy Smith, and a few others I can't remember.

1996, 1997