Battle vs Abingdon

battleftbl

Battle is much improved and Abingdon is down.

Its been 17 years since Battle defeated Abingdon and this is the best chance during that time span to get a victory.

I said in another post that Abindons dominance of Battle will end if not this year, then in the next 2 season. Due to Battle's youth, Abingdon will have to put the ball on the ground a few times, and battle will have to play a perfect game, but anythings possible.

One note....If Abingdons players come into this game expecting the same ole John Battle that they've played all of these years....They'll leave Bristol with a Loss. Unlike years past , The trojans never quit, they play all out, all of the time.

It should be a great atmosphere on Battle Hill next Friday Night.

Good luck to both teams, it should be a great game.

I have not seen anyone say Hess wasn`t a good qb. The kid has a good arm.

Hess is an excellent QB. Problem against everyone but Richlands (Bret Favre couldn't have won that game for the falcons) have been drops, some curious play-calling and defensive lapses.

Battle is on a high note right now. It won't last long. Have seen them both play several times. Battle is making great strides and will continue to improve while Witten is there, but it just isn't up to Abingdon's level yet.

Also, in this game the past three years, it seems like Battle just gets too "high" for the game, then gives up after Abingdon scores first. (Of course, until this year, it was the first game for either team). I don't expect that to happen this year, but Abingdon is just too big and Battle hasn't faced a qb like Hess (assuming that at least a third of his passes are caught).

I say Abingdon 28, Battle 6.

Wait - I picked Abingdon and am for Abingdon, but if that's the wager, then GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, I told the bailiffs in the courthouse today that if Battle beat Abingdon, I'd eat a styrofoam cup from a random person that was sitting on a water fountain. They are saving that cup. If that would get southbound out of here, I'd do it in an instant! Go falcons! Just stay away southbound!

yes battle has a better team this yr than ive seen for a while.young runnin back could put some ponts on the board with some hard wrk. its sad to say but he almost went through our whole defense in one play before he was brought down.before anyone says it,ur right,its because we dont kno how to tackle.but we are tryin to build this yr.not seen abingdon play this yr,but good luck to both teams

Wait - I picked Abingdon and am for Abingdon, but if that's the wager, then GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would love to see you eat a cup. not gonna happen you will have to continue to look at my posts. sorry dude!

Really, I told the bailiffs in the courthouse today that if Battle beat Abingdon, I'd eat a styrofoam cup from a random person that was sitting on a water fountain. They are saving that cup. If that would get southbound out of here, I'd do it in an instant! Go falcons! Just stay away southbound!

I have to be honest.. that is the weirdest bet I have ever heard of in my life. Not to mention, it's pretty rad.

Guest nameuser
I have to be honest.. that is the weirdest bet I have ever heard of in my life. Not to mention, it's pretty rad.

I was wondering if he is a "jailbird" or an "ambulance chaser", I guess either way, he's a "con" - had to say it

I was wondering if he is a "jailbird" or an "ambulance chaser", I guess either way, he's a "con" - had to say it

yeah, he might need an ambulance if he eats that cup. ha ha

he might have to miss a couple of the cavs games too.