Graham's win a fluke?

-oo-

I am wondering what you all think of the Graham win against Grundy.

Do you think Graham is getting better?

Do you think Grundy is that bad and hasnt had any competition so far?

Do you think Grundy is still suffering from last weeks loss?

What do you all think?!?!

I think Grundy is still heartbroken from last weeks lost. They played there hearts to make that comeback and take the lead then that guy scored a td on 4th down with like 15 secs left, not easy to bounce back from.

Plus Graham has played alot better competiton so far which I think made them better prepared.

For Grundy this is a game that they just didn't play very well...they gave up the big play a few times and when they were inside the 20 or driving to score, there were just too many dropped passes and screw ups...they played much better against Marion than they did tonight.

Graham played a good game and took advantage of everything they had...I thought they played very well. Grundy just could not catch a break or get anything going.

What it boils down to is just missed opportunities for Grundy...the two point conversion is a prime example...they had it and then a penalty called it back, then they missed it the second time...they had a couple of big plays that were called back that hurt as well...just not a good mental effort from the Wave tonight and Graham came to win...but it's a young Grundy team with only 2 seniors I think...so you will have nights like this...you just have to shake it off and get ready for next week...all you can really do.

oh yeah...not to blame anything on the refs, because they did not have an impact on the outcome...but this is a pet peeve of mine...if there is no flag then don't throw the damn thing in the first place...nothing worse than a ref that throws a flag then they get together and decide there was no flag....i hate that...if you are going to flag it then flag it, otherwise keep it in your pocket!

I am wondering what you all think of the Graham win against Grundy.

Do you think Graham is getting better?

Do you think Grundy is that bad and hasnt had any competition so far?

Do you think Grundy is still suffering from last weeks loss?

What do you all think?!?!

I think the way some of you so called Gmen faithfull have trashed those guy's you should give them some respect and a "atta boy"...

I was hoping to see Grundy win but listening on the Radio seemed to me Gmen took control and never looked back..

i will admit i really underestimated them in this one. Thought Grundy would take this one easy, But they proved me wrong. Congrats G-Men on the win. Prove us all wrong.

oh yeah...not to blame anything on the refs, because they did not have an impact on the outcome...but this is a pet peeve of mine...if there is no flag then don't throw the damn thing in the first place...nothing worse than a ref that throws a flag then they get together and decide there was no flag....i hate that...if you are going to flag it then flag it, otherwise keep it in your pocket!

I only have one TRUE pet peeve. People who blow their nose in a restaurant.

OMG that pisses me off. Trying to eat an $18 ribeye, and having somebody blow their nose, I'd rather hear somebody break wind.

I think the way some of you so called Gmen faithfull have trashed those guy's you should give them some respect and a "atta boy"...

I was hoping to see Grundy win but listening on the Radio seemed to me Gmen took control and never looked back..

G-Men fans have not "trashed" the kids, they've criticized the coaching and decision making. Having only 30 kids on the team speaks magnitudes about what's going on over there. Don't tell me it's a lack of talent, either.

Let's see how many Grundy winds up winning....they have played some really weak single A competition before starting district play.

Congratulations to the G-Men on your first win. Now that you've finally turned the corner lets get a streak going and finish out the season strong. Go G-Men! Go Beavers!

I second that. Finish strong G-Men.

For Grundy this is a game that they just didn't play very well...they gave up the big play a few times and when they were inside the 20 or driving to score, there were just too many dropped passes and screw ups...they played much better against Marion than they did tonight.

Graham played a good game and took advantage of everything they had...I thought they played very well. Grundy just could not catch a break or get anything going.

What it boils down to is just missed opportunities for Grundy...the two point conversion is a prime example...they had it and then a penalty called it back, then they missed it the second time...they had a couple of big plays that were called back that hurt as well...just not a good mental effort from the Wave tonight and Graham came to win...but it's a young Grundy team with only 2 seniors I think...so you will have nights like this...you just have to shake it off and get ready for next week...all you can really do.

agree 100% i went and watched the first half of the game and from what i saw grundy's D just could not contain the G-mens QB

G-Men fans have not "trashed" the kids, they've criticized the coaching and decision making. Having only 30 kids on the team speaks magnitudes about what's going on over there. Don't tell me it's a lack of talent, either.

Let's see how many Grundy winds up winning....they have played some really weak single A competition before starting district play.

If youths really were just not wanting to play for graham's coach, and really enjoyed football, seems there would have been some transfers to bluefield.

Tazewell better not go into the game Friday night thinking they have the game won already!
why would they? just because Graham's record is 1-5? sounds like tazewell to me....

I told you guys that Graham would not go 0-10. I still see them finishing with 3 wins. The second win of the season comes this friday night against the Dawgs.

They won't get three. This might be the only one. They might beat Abingdon. Should be a close game.

Congratulations to the G-Men on your first win. Now that you've finally turned the corner lets get a streak going and finish out the season strong. Go G-Men! Go Beavers!

thats a classy post.thanks,id like to see both bluefield teams win out.who knows maybe they will.

Your very welcome! I like to see both Bluefields do well. Its like two communities into one. After all I grew up in Bluefield WV and have lived in Bluefield VA for 10 years now and I have 2 kids. One at Dudley and the other at Graham Intermediate. So my life ties around both communities.

ive lived in bluefield va my whole life except for a few years in nashville tn i have a daughter who is a soph at Graham,but i try and follow both teams during football season.im not into b-ball all that much nor baseball.but its a plus to have two local high school teams playing on the same field,it gives us more chances to go watch football.and if both teams have good seasons then we get to watch more playoff games without having to travel a lot.so we are lucky to be in the situation were in.im still waiting on Graham having that 14-0 season,but its not looking good.it would be nice to see both teams win state in the same season.i believe it will happen one day i just dont know if i will get to see it or not.

if Bluefield and Graham won state in the same season with un blimished records, that would be amazing.. i for one would love to see that happen.

Could never happen...