Best local football player?

-oo-

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake has good grades, B honor roll. Should have no problem being eligible for NCAA. I have heard that Akron is going to offer Jake and Marcus Patterson.

Ok good.

If they go to akron they would be playin there whole life together because didnt they play together in little league up to now?

Who do you think is the best football player locally for WV and VA.

I would have to say Jake Lilly is not only and incredible player but has the most heart I have seen out of any man in my life!

ive not seen jake play but i met him at the blue chip academy and seems like a good boy.

An up and coming player to watch out for is Devon Johnson. He is the RB at Richlands this year and only a sophmore. I would like to see the Lilly kid play from what I have seen from highlights he looks to be a all around great player.

I assume you are a Richlands fan. Did you not watch him vs you guys last year or the year before?

If you want defense, and a big knack or heart for the game, definitely go watch John Layne , he breathes football and lives football....put him anywhere on the field you like ....his actions speak louder than any words....

just putting my opinion out there...thanks guys ....He's definitely a Rebel leader....

Atwell is a threat to score from anywhere on the field as either a RB or a WR...every time he gets the ball...a touchdown is waiting...

On defense..I may be wrong..but I think only two receivers he was covering man to man has caught a pass...the rest have either been broken up or intercepted....if they even dare to throw in his direction...

In my opinion..He is one of the best if not the best player in SWVA this year..

I dont know about WVA becasue I dont keep up with football over there...

From the posts..It sounds like Jake Lilly is the man over there....

An up and coming player to watch out for is Devon Johnson. He is the RB at Richlands this year and only a sophmore. I would like to see the Lilly kid play from what I have seen from highlights he looks to be a all around great player.

I hate Richlands but Devin Johnson has been the best player I have watched this year. I have not seen Jake Lilly play but im surprised that Devin Johnson has not been talked about more in this topic. He is one hell of a back.

I've known this kid ever since he played little league. I actually helped coach one of his little league teams. He had that old school mentallity then as well. He was unstoppable then as he is now. He's a good kid. His dad trained him to be mentally tough and it's stuck with him. Some college team will be lucky to have him.

Is Jack Lilly his dad? If so, his dad is the same age as me (graduated from BHS in 1986), and we played together one year at Bluefield Junior High (the first year it existed, he was from Central, I was from Fairview). His dad was a QB, but was very tough and hard-nosed...he was even the deep-snapper on punts.

Is Jack Lilly his dad? If so, his dad is the same age as me (graduated from BHS in 1986), and we played together one year at Bluefield Junior High (the first year it existed, he was from Central, I was from Fairview). His dad was a QB, but was very tough and hard-nosed...he was even the deep-snapper on punts.

Yes, that's his father.

are we supposed to include players from Virginia? If so, I have to say Atwell. I've seen he and Miles from Burton. I think that Atwell is more multi-dimensional and is a threat to score no matter where you get him the ball. Too bad he's such a poor sport. I heard what he said about Holston after that game. But he is still an incredible athlete.

If I had to pick three players from the area to build a team around, I'd have to pick Jake Lilly, Marcus Patterson, and Tevin Allen. Not trying to show bias at all to the WV side of things...just these three without a doubt came to mind when thinking of the best football players of the area.

The only local football player with a Rivals Page is Darius Carper from Graham.

I guess that makes him the best player in the area.......No disrespect to Darius because he is a outstanding football player but just because someone sets up a Rivals page doesn't mean much

I guess that makes him the best player in the area.......No disrespect to Darius because he is a outstanding football player but just because someone sets up a Rivals page doesn't mean much

A rivals page is nothing...Heath Miller didnt have a Rivals Page...

I still think the best player in the area is Brandon Atwell ...He carred the ball 6 times last friday night....3 of them were TD's over 45 yards....

He is being recruited heavily.....I may not know much...but someone does to be recruiting him...

i played against atwell last year and he tore us up..very impressive. but then i watched him this year and the let me down. he's got great hands..if you had a qb to get him the ball, then reciever is where he needs to be.

but on the topic at hand..jake lilly. hands down.

Might want to mention a 160 lb linebacker for RHS. Cody Thomas. If you have watched Richlands and paid attention to the defense. You know who he is. Probably avg. 10-12 tackles per game. He is pure ball player.

i agree 100% about him on the defensive side.. he is everywhere and to be a junior he is gonna make a heck of a linebacker one day.. all he needs to do is get bigger for those college scouts