Bluefield v. Wayne -- State Championship

Bluefield_Rules

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He might be from Richlands (have my doubts) but he's NOT a Richlands' fan. Read his first post about Richlands ("they couldn't play mumbly pegs) what kid would use that kind of language? Also, why would he be on here taking shots at Blfd. ....someone that wants to do a little stirring and obviously it's working.

It's mumbly peg dummy! You're right. I'm not a Richlands fan.

I wish I could go but its my dad's birthday so I won't be able to make it.

I will definitly be listening on the radio though!!!

It will be a back and forth game and it will come down to fewer penalties and fewer turnovers.

Good luck Beavers and bring that state championship back to Bluefield!!!

He might be from Richlands (have my doubts) but he's NOT a Richlands' fan. Read his first post about Richlands ("they couldn't play mumbly pegs) what kid would use that kind of language? Also, why would he be on here taking shots at Blfd. ....someone that wants to do a little stirring and obviously it's working.

Mumbly pegs, sounds like someone in their late 50's up.

Nope, just some jealous Richlands fan.

Hopefully, he'll make the trek to Wheeling. He's free next weekend. ;)

That guy is NOT a Richlands fan. Read some of his posts in other threads. He may say he is, but it is obvious that he is not.

Most all Richlands fans I know are wishing Bluefield all the best and hope you guys win another state ! I'll be listening on the radio and pulling for you guys. Hope you guys kick some a__ up there and bring hope another state !

Most all Richlands fans I know are wishing Bluefield all the best and hope you guys win another state ! I'll be listening on the radio and pulling for you guys. Hope you guys kick some a__ up there and bring hope another state !

Anyone know the score of Bluefield/Wayne game? I heard it was 35-21. I'm sorry . I got that wrong that was the Cave Spring/Richlands game. Although 35-21 Wayne over Bluefield sounds about right.

Anyone know the score of Bluefield/Wayne game? I heard it was 35-21. I'm sorry . I got that wrong that was the Cave Spring/Richlands game. Although 35-21 Wayne over Bluefield sounds about right.

So you think your a wise guy? Little tip of advice, I wouldn't be getting on everyones bad side on this board, because you will be gone in a blink of an eye!

Car, Morristown is a great place, close enuff to all the touristy junk to enjoy it but not too close to be bothered with it..and between 2 beautiful, huge lakes! we've been here bout 6 yrs now and love it! enjoy your trip to Wheeling and be safe...see everyone there!

so you think your a wise guy? Little tip of advice, i wouldn't be getting on everyones bad side on this board, because you will be gone in a blink of an eye!

....blink...

any thoughts on the actual x and o's of this game? I don't know much about wayne, I know overall they're well coached and play very hard, are physical, but as for this team of theirs I don't what their particular strengths are, ect....

From what I've read Wayne is very run-oriented as usual, maybe so than in recent seasons. Bluefield should stack the box and force Wayne to beat them with the pass. Bluefield must tackle well also, which they've done a fairly good job of most the season.

Offensively, the biggest key for Bluefield is to cut down on the drive-killing penalties such as false starts and illegal motion. Frankfort was able to run the ball at will on Wayne in the first half last weekend and when they had the ball in the second half. The biggest difference was Frankfort rarely had the ball in the second half and committed several drive-killing penalties during those times.

Of course, in a close game special teams would loom large including returns, but more importantly extra points. Bluefield's kicking game has been a concern all season, but hasn't bitten them yet in a close game. The thought of Wheeling and kicking issues gives me the chills.

Edited by Bluefield_Rules

This will likely be my final post until after the game tomorrow night. I'll be leaving C'burg at 7am heading to Bluefield and then leave for Wheeling shortly after arriving. I wanted to wish all those traveling to Wheeling a safe trip up and back. Take a minute or two during the drive to appreciate the fact Bluefield has earned the privilege to make that drive again. Some schools, players, coaches, parents, fans, etc. have never and may never have that opportunity. Yes, the drive is LONG and sometimes seems endless, but it's a drive the people from the other 100+ schools would love to be making. Enjoy the drive/ride, it's half of what makes the state title experience what it is. God willing Bluefield will see many more in the future, but nothing is promised or guaranteed. I've got many great memories from trips to Wheeling and hope to add a few more in the next two days.

Go Beavers, We Believe!

Edited by Bluefield_Rules

This will likely be my final post until after the game tomorrow night. I'll be leaving C'burg at 7am heading to Bluefield and then leave for Wheeling shortly after arriving. I wanted to wish all those traveling to Wheeling a safe trip up and back. Take a minute or two during the drive to appreciate the fact Bluefield has earned the privilege to make that drive again. Some schools, players, coaches, parents, fans, etc. have never and may never have that opportunity. Yes, the drive is LONG and sometimes seems endless, but it's a drive the people from the other 100+ schools would love to be making. Enjoy the drive/ride, it's half of what makes the state title experience what it is. God willing Bluefield will see many more in the future, but nothing is promised or guaranteed. I've got many great memories from trips to Wheeling and hope to add a few more in the next two days.

Go Beavers, We Believe!

Agreed 100%. Go Beavers