Pre-Season SWD favorites thread....

Lance

Might as well get it started...lol...mostly because I'm bored.

Last year that we will see these teams in the SWD...makes me very sad to see it end.

SO...what do you guys think at this point?

-Richlands the usual favs...nothing new there...big question so far is who will QB?

-Grundy...got everyone back from last years playoff team.

-Tazewell...whole lotta hatin' goin' on in T-Town so far.

-Graham...the usual "how long before someone starts saying they need a new coach"?

-Marion...has to be sick over losing the Johnson kid to Chillhowie.

-Carroll County...the usual "anyone know whats up in CC this year"????

-Abingdon...Falcon awful.

thoughts?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to see it come to a end also Lance. I'd say it wont be the end of changes in the district either. More to come in the future. I don't know anything specific, but with most of the schools enrollment dropping there will probably be more teams that will drop to A class.

As far as how the district race will go, I'd say that Richlands ( of course I'm going to say that......I'm a blues fan....LOL ) would have to be the favorite with all we have coming back. I think we have 9 coming back on O and 10 on D or it could be the other way around, and as far as qb goes, there are 4 really good kids that could start. Lockhart would probably be the favorite right now, but don't sleep on Vance or Strong. Both are good athletes with good arms and can run. The 4th is a kid that started qb for the jv team last year and is a good athlete also but I don't think he will move in front of the other 3 yet. Devon and Austin will be hard to stop also. Both lines should be very good with size with most back from last year. The D should be very strong, and so will the kicking game with Reece. I also know that the kids in Richlands will be facing a lot of high expectations this year, maybe more than they have the last couple of years. But they deal with high expectations every year so I think the staff will have them ready.

As far as the other teams in the district goes, I don't know a whole lot about them so I hope that their fans will fill us in on them.

Grundy should be very good with all they have coming back. CC is always strong.

I know that Tazewell lost several kids from last year and I have no idea what they have coming up. I also don't know what to expect from Graham, and Abingdon is...... well..........Abingdon. They have talent, but you just don't know what they will bring to the table. As big as that school is, they should be contending for the crown every year.

I wish all the teams good luck and I hope that no one has any serious injuries, fans or players !!

Edited by Bigrhsfan

1. Richlands

2. CC

3.Graham

4.Marion

5.Grundy

6.Abingdon

7.Tazewell

I think the biggest threat to the Blues is Gate City in game 1. PV will also probably play the Blues tougher than most of the SWD teams. CC always plays the Blues tough but we get them home this year. Abingdon.........enough said. Tazewell and Grundy will not come within 30-40 points of the Blues. Marion and Graham seem to play the Blues decent but I think they will fall short 20+ points. Just my take on the SWD this season guys.

Marion lost Johnson but he is moving to Charlotte this summer after transferring to Chilhowie

didn't know that...would have liked to see him play this year. Huge loss for Marion though...kid had a ton of talent.

and Nadoball...I will put that quote in my sig...give the Grundy boys something to shoot for in the last week of the season lol.

didn't know that...would have liked to see him play this year. Huge loss for Marion though...kid had a ton of talent.

and Nadoball...I will put that quote in my sig...give the Grundy boys something to shoot for in the last week of the season lol.

Ok. I won't go against my word. I think Grundy will win 2-3 SWD games this season.

You can tell it's about football season, I've never seen so many trucks and Uhauls loaded with household items coming into Richlands as I have this past week. Must have seen 5 different convoys. A sign on the side of one truck said "Ole Ernie or bust".

Edited by mrb

You can tell it's about football season, I've never seen so many trucks and Uhauls loaded with household items coming into Richlands as I have this past week. Must have seen 5 different convoys. A sign on the side of one truck said "Ole Erinie or bust".

Now, that there is funny!!! My side is hurtin....................not!!!!!

You can tell it's about football season, I've never seen so many trucks and Uhauls loaded with household items coming into Richlands as I have this past week. Must have seen 5 different convoys. A sign on the side of one truck said "Ole Ernie or bust".

I have to admit that's funny!

1. Richlands

2. Marion

3. Graham

4. Carroll County

5. Tazewell

6. Grundy

7. Abingdon

Nobody will challenge Richlands to win the district...but Marion should be solid....just going on what I'm hearing about the others....

Edited by futbolking

1. Richlands

2. Marion

3. Graham

4. Carroll County

5. Tazewell

6. Grundy

7. Abingdon

Nobody will challenge Richlands to win the district...but Marion should be solid....just going on what I'm hearing about the others....

from what i've heard Marion lost a lot? is that not true? The Johnson kid alone is a huge loss, but I think the QB and FB were SR's...and a couple of the big linemen they had...do they have some young talent on the way up or what?

Richlands

Richlands

Richlands

Richlands

Richlands

Richlands

Richlands

The question is who will come in second! I heard Tazewell tried to get a shipment of steroids in, but seems they have been all bought up!

Richlands

Richlands

Richlands

Richlands

Richlands

Richlands

Richlands

The question is who will come in second! I heard Tazewell tried to get a shipment of steroids in, but seems they have been all bought up!

Its good when your program is talked about in a negative or positive lite, just makes one realize how good you must be, everyone wants to down you and take jabs at you........we must be doing something right. Its called hard off season work ethic. What would we do without Bulldog52 cuttin us.

from what i've heard Marion lost a lot? is that not true? The Johnson kid alone is a huge loss, but I think the QB and FB were SR's...and a couple of the big linemen they had...do they have some young talent on the way up or what?

You are right, Marion did lose a lot. The qb Noe, the fb Bane, the wr Garrett Johnson, and several lineman all graduated along with Brett Johnson leaving. May be a long year for the Canes.

You are right, Marion did lose a lot. The qb Noe, the fb Bane, the wr Garrett Johnson, and several lineman all graduated along with Brett Johnson leaving. May be a long year for the Canes.

i thought so...question is, do they have anyone that can step in and fill those shoes? you are talking about the heart and soul of last years team gone...the guys you mentioned are the exact ones that played their hearts out to beat Grundy with a few seconds left in the regular season game...hard to replace guys like that.

They have some good young talent. Probably be a little more athletic overall, although losing Johnson's speed will hurt. Also have a transfer from Florida, who will fill a spot on the line...nothing special, but supposedly a solid player.

Grundy will have a great season. They will have the chance to go 8-2 or 9-1. They will make the playoffs and will be a strong opponent. Richlands is LOADED. It will be hard for anyone around here to keep up. Richlands first, Grundy second. Everybody else somewhere way behind. Too many distractions in the other Taz. Co. schools. Marion and CC will be average at best. Many losses in Marion. CC is coming to Richlands. And Abingdon is Abingdon.

Can't wait for the Cavaliers to come into Richlands. After all the crap their local radio people talked after the game in Hillsville last year, I hope the Blues burn the scoreboard down on them.