disecting the swd teams

Pick_Six_27

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really gettin pathetic y'all are acting like richlands is nothing but a mini NFL Clinic. I hate to break the hearts of every richlands hopeful but the fact is they're not world beaters they can be beat just like any other team. I'm not saying richlands is a terrible team by any means they deserve credit but it's sickening to get on here and hear nothing but non stop richlands is unstopable and see fans down grade their own teams due to the lack of confidence and pride. I pray and hope this season will not be as biased and boring as everyone on here seems to be thinking and predicting. I think this season will surprise many people.

It's really gettin pathetic y'all are acting like richlands is nothing but a mini NFL Clinic. I hate to break the hearts of every richlands hopeful but the fact is they're not world beaters they can be beat just like any other team. I'm not saying richlands is a terrible team by any means they deserve credit but it's sickening to get on here and hear nothing but non stop richlands is unstopable and see fans down grade their own teams due to the lack of confidence and pride. I pray and hope this season will not be as biased and boring as everyone on here seems to be thinking and predicting. I think this season will surprise many people.

Hey, do you work in radio? Sounds like something you would hear on the air in Hillsville.

Another case where you live to far from the other teams in the district to know any thing about what is going on.

I don't think it's so much as Richlands being so good....they're pretty good...it's just that the rest of the district is NOT good at all....and has been that way for a few years now...

Edited by futbolking

Well dont make a pointless thread asking a stupid question when you know what the answer is going to be and then get all b****y about it.

I don't think it's so much as Richlands being so good....they're pretty good...it's just that the rest of the district is NOT good at all....and has been that way for a few years now...

Richlands is one of the better teams in the state year in and year out...regardless of what district they are placed in.

Richlands is one of the better teams in the state year in and year out...regardless of what district they are placed in.

I agree...and They've had a good run the past few years, hopefully they can maintain a good team...but it's a little deceiving when you play a bunch of patsies in the regular season each year, to gauge just how good you are.

I think Graham will face a similar situation next year when they cake-walk through the district then face real competition in the playoffs.

No disrespect to Richlands at all...they can't help which district they're in....

5 years ago, I felt differently about the SWD, but the quality of play has seriously declined, I hope it gets better.

Edited by futbolking

Never fails when richlands is on top district is down.so sick of you D... haters!

Richlands has been playing at a high level the last six years, but I do agree with the opinion that the rest of the district is playing at a much lower level than what used to be the norm..

Never fails when richlands is on top district is down.so sick of you D... haters!

Everyone had given Richlands their props.... This time of the year you want hear from other SWD teams, when the time is right it comes out.....

we'll see haha....all i got to say is things are gonna change this year

I dont think much is going to change this year from last year other than the Blues dont have to travel to Hillsville this year to play(thank God).

Everyone had given Richlands their props.... This time of the year you want hear from other SWD teams, when the time is right it comes out.....

How does the dogs look this year Bulldogs52 do they have much moving up from last years underclassmen.

I agree! These Richlands people think that their guys are the only ones that work hard in the offseason, practice hard, and play hard. Well, news flash, so do the falcons. We've been lifting and running, we will practice hard, and we will hit you hard come game time (Just ask Marion).

So, I'll go ahead and tell you the

best qb - is hess ; tailback - crosswhite (both who need richlands lineman)

receivers - close between Richlands and Abingdon, but have to give the edge to the Abingdon Receivers

Line - Richlands

Linebackers - Gmen

Safeties - Gmen

Special teams - Carrol County

Fans - Falcons

Food - Grundy

Band - Falcons

Atmosphere - Falcons (The entrance, the leap)

Stadium - Richlands

Rivalry - Falcons and Canes (We will not let last year repeat itself).

Biggest Whiners in the swd? UMMM, I have to go with Marion on that one too.

But, yes, don't count Richlands as a sure thing . . . don't sleep on the Falcons!

Edited by Falconman

I agree! These Richlands people think that their guys are the only ones that work hard in the offseason, practice hard, and play hard.

Well, I've searched and searched, and I've yet to find anything supporting this rant. Falconman, show me one post that says Richlands people think they are the only team that works hard in the off season. Just one.

Sounds a lot like envy and jealousy on your part to me, Falconman. The same goes for southbound. You two get on here and spew your garbage, and then get mad when someone says anything negative about Abingdon. If you would give respect where respect is due, one day you might find yourself treated with respect.

This really doesn't reflect these two schools and the programs they have, it's about some of the fans who get on message boards and call themselves representatives of those schools when they are nothing more than losers hiding behind a keyboard. Abingdon is a fine high school with fine players who give their best effort every year. So is Richlands. Give it a rest.

Edited by blueinbama

I agree! These Richlands people think that their guys are the only ones that work hard in the offseason, practice hard, and play hard. Well, news flash, so do the falcons. We've been lifting and running, we will practice hard, and we will hit you hard come game time (Just ask Marion).

receivers - close between Richlands and Abingdon, but have to give the edge to the Abingdon Receivers

Line - Richlands

Linebackers - Gmen

Safeties - Gmen

Fans - Falcons

Food - Grundy

Band - Falcons

Stadium - Richlands

But, yes, don't count Richlands as a sure thing . . . don't sleep on the Falcons!

Everyone can talk all they want but at the end of the season it will all be on the table and the proof in the pudding. Lets just wait until then and se whose bowl looks the sweetest. My opinion I think your wrong about fan support in Abingdon I think that is what you need. I attend atleast 8or9 games every season of the Blues and every team we play has more and louder fans than Abingdon. As for QB, Hess is a great QB not positive about the best but I will give him props. As for the Blues, should have one really really stout defense this season.

Line - Richlands

Linebackers - Gmen

Safeties - Gmen

Fans - Falcons

Food - Grundy

Band - Falcons

Stadium - Richlands

Goodness, have you ever been to a swd football game lately. Your assessments are way off base. I'm not even going to response with my opinion on this one.

Edited by the_general