Southbound and Falconman

kineticks

I am an abingdon supporter but some of the post on here give abingdon fans a wrong stereotype. i love the atmosphere of the games the band ( the best in southwest virginia) the inspirational leap. but football season is a month away and we do not need to be making checks we cant cash. but when the pads come on next month we will see are the mighty falcons hard work and determination pay off. and thats FALCON AWESOME!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an abingdon supporter but some of the post on here give abingdon fans a wrong stereotype. i love the atmosphere of the games the band ( the best in southwest virginia) the inspirational leap. but football season is a month away and we do not need to be making checks we cant cash. but when the pads come on next month we will see are the mighty falcons hard work and determination pay off. and thats FALCON AWESOME!

Lazytick,

first of all you've interrupted my beach trip, wasn't even going to respond, but feel I must. Who gets on here and says "abingdon supporter?" No a true fan would say "Falcon Fan." The only thing you can support is your waist line and can't do that without the help of a belt. Second, Southbound and me are Falcon News, so don't get on here and act like you are in the know with Falcon Nation or Washington County Schools for that matter. Bet you weren't aware that John Battle and Va High's been scrimmaging this summer already, did you. Know you didn't. I do, my boy at battle told me they were getting ready for us. I laughed at him and said "everybody's wanting to beat the Falcons!" haha So, don't call me out and expect me to not respond.:mad:

Lazytick,

first of all you've interrupted my beach trip, wasn't even going to respond, but feel I must. Who gets on here and says "abingdon supporter?" No a true fan would say "Falcon Fan." The only thing you can support is your waist line and can't do that without the help of a belt. Second, Southbound and me are Falcon News, so don't get on here and act like you are in the know with Falcon Nation or Washington County Schools for that matter. Bet you weren't aware that John Battle and Va High's been scrimmaging this summer already, did you. Know you didn't. I do, my boy at battle told me they were getting ready for us. I laughed at him and said "everybody's wanting to beat the Falcons!" haha So, don't call me out and expect me to not respond.:mad:

JB and VH real real hard football games.

JB and VH real real hard football games.

Yeah, actually they are! I think you owe both of these schools an apology. Who do you think you are bashing these schools? We are all sorry we can't live up to the mighty Richlands standard. I predict what happened to Pulaski is coming to Richlands really soon and I will lol on this board. Ha Ha! :eek:

JB and VA High have some quality coaching.

Ryan Witten's pedigree is top notch (grandson, as previously noted on this board) of Dave Rider, former Tazewell coach and bro. of Jason Witten, Dallas. Football is genetic in this family and the JB coaching staff and team will not concede anything.

Chris Thurman, Va High coach, former HC at Gretna, a powerhouse ...... nothing else needs to be said about getting the most out of a team.

Virginia High is on the rise and may be tough this year and battle sucks and has sucked that may change in the future but right now I wouldnt call JB a tough out, no offense to Vh or JB schools or fans but both have a long way to go to be considered tough

If my wife goes to a game, the band is more important to her. I have seen people get up and leave Graham games after halftime the last few years. Was it the band or the fact that the game was a blowout, you tell me.

What one has to remember is about a third (if not more in losing seasons or programs) of the people at a game are band members, parents, and relatives. They're there to see their child do their thing. It increases the size of the crowd the noise level and money at the gate, all positive things for a program.

No doubt, when I heard Abingdon`s band last year I thought I was listening to my son play Guitar Hero.

Thats funny because I could barely make out what the marion band was trying to play last year, someone finally said it was the national anthem. Your band is a joke just like your team!:mad:

What one has to remember is about a third (if not more in losing seasons or programs) of the people at a game are band members, parents, and relatives. They're there to see their child do their thing. It increases the size of the crowd the noise level and money at the gate, all positive things for a program.

Thank you! Finally someone who agrees marching band is a sport too, and should be recognized as such.

Thank you! Finally someone who agrees marching band is a sport too, and should be recognized as such.

I'm not reading anything in thundercloud's comment where he said band was a sport. Band is an activity, just like participating in the school choir or "Glee Club". While I agree band has its place, it's not a sport.

Edited by blueinbama