Where is the G-Men vs Beaver Thread?

Bulldogs52

Apparently, that's the thread for this year. Most Graham folks expect to get beaten soundly, which means no smack talk.

Seems that way with a bunch of teams on here besides Richlands!

What do we really know about both teams? We all know that Bluefield has the qb Beckett back. What do we know about Graham's qb. I hear he has a good arm. From what I hear both teams seem to have good back fields. I hear that Bluefield has most of their offensive line back from last year. What about Graham's offensive line? What about both team's defensive lines? How do they compare against the run? I also hear that both teams are week in the secondary and pass defense. There is something to think about until Friday.

Shh, it is all a secret until Friday night. Both teams agreed to keep everything on the DL, just to confuse.

Actually, nobody cares anymore....I've been to this game for 36 years in a row and I'm really not that interested in it this year. But I'll go...probably see some folks I haven't seen in a while.

Shh, it is all a secret until Friday night. Both teams agreed to keep everything on the DL, just to confuse.

That is my point. You will not truly know what each team has until game time Friday night. Which is why Graham fans shouldn't just totally count their team out. Especially in this game!

That is my point. You will not truly know what each team has until game time Friday night. Which is why Graham fans shouldn't just totally count their team out. Especially in this game!

I've seen them scrimmage, I know what they've got. They are very young and don't have much size, there's a little bit of speed there, but nothing to write home about. Give them a year or two, IF THEY STICK IT OUT, and they will be pretty good again. I just don't see how they can pull it off being as young as they are...but, hey they did it at Marshall with the "young thundering herd" all of those years ago...so who knows.

I'm going to be honest right now.

At the beginning of the year I though Bluefield was going to wipe up the field with Graham.

Then I went to the grid-o-rama and saw Graham play.

They didn't play great but they played a lot better than I though they would.

I didn't get a chance to see Bluefield play PC but I think this game will be a lot closer than everyone thinks.

Graham has heart this year and they have kids that want to get in there and play.

Graham has an inexperienced line which could really hurt.

If Bluefield has enough speed to get out to the corner then Bluefield wins and big.

If Graham can run the option well and not turn the ball over then you can bet it will be a close game.

There is just something about this Graham team that makes me think they will surprise some folks this year. They have a ton of heart and seem to play together as a team. They really surprised me in the scrimmages. I think if Graham gets a turnover or two they may have a good night against Blfd.

There is just something about this Graham team that makes me think they will surprise some folks this year. They have a ton of heart and seem to play together as a team. They really surprised me in the scrimmages. I think if Graham gets a turnover or two they may have a good night against Blfd.

Hope you're right...I still think they're too young to compete with the likes of bluefield, I am looking forward to the next couple of years, however, if they stick it out.

I'm pretty familiar with what Blu has, but I don't know much about Graham other then what I've read on here. regardless, I usually tell people this is a game that comes down to heart... I know about that personally because I was on the Blu '91 team that was coming off a 1-9 record and was supposed to get blown out by Graham. we played above even our own expectations that game, and that entire year. we had talent, but we had good Sr leaders, and we had a ton of heart. I never predict a blow out by either side in this game... actually, I WANT a good close game that turns out to be a nail biter that comes down to the last drive, the last minutes, the last play (YES - I still believe Cole was in.... just a jab -- hahaha). I hope for the same this year, and pray for no injuries on either team, and wish Graham the best of luck for all weeks except 1.

with that said - I read the article this morning about Edwards and Jackson... a good story about the Jr's from Graham. the thing that stuck out to me was that they are 160 and 162 playing at LB. what? seriously??? that's the size of the LB's for GRAHAM this year? those guys should be playing DB or corner... I know you can't measure heart, but yikes... I hope they have one that brings about 30 extra pounds. maybe their speed will make up for it, and allow them to avoid the blocks, and take the right angles. is that what everyone has been talking about when they say the G-men just aren't the G-men? I mean, I remember Graham's line always being huge. and if Penn State is LB University, then I guess Graham was LB High... any comments?

anyway - good luck to both teams. I hope it's exciting

When it comes down to key experience, Beaver clearly has the edge. Graham played those seniors last year in blow-outs at the expense of getting the younger guys on the field. That and the fact that Graham has a ton of Freshmen & Sophomores will help Beaver.

Intangibles with a young team, who knows. I expect the Graham players to respond positively to the challenge. The other factor in the rivalry has to do with the Coaches. Should either team get a good lead, will Simon or Marrs call off the dogs, or run up the score.

Because of the coaches and the intangibles, I am afraid to make a score prediction, but expect Beaver to win.

Should either team get a good lead, will Simon or Marrs call off the dogs, or run up the score.

Simon called "off the dogs" 2004 and 2009 with large first half leads; most here know that Beaver could have easily scored 80+ in 2004. I never go into this game expecting a blowout because of the history of close games in the rivalry. I don't expect Bluefield to win easily tomorrow, but I do expect them to win. I would absolutely, totally shocked if Graham won in a blowout. If that occurs Beaver will be in for a very long season with the scheduling facing them.