The Tale of the Tape – Falcons vs Blonaders!

Falconman

In light of the big game Friday, I took a couple of days off from this forum. Mainly to reflect on my music and focus on my inner feelings. In doing so, I ask the question: “Falconman, why are you so Abingdon? What makes you proud to be a Falcon?†It was simple, I thought of you Richlands. Lets just do a comparative narrative between the two towns.

Abingdon VS Richlands

Typical Dress:

Abingdon - Business Casual

Richlands -Overalls no shirt or Camouflage

Preferred Music Choice:

Abingdon - Contemporary Classical

Richlands - Bluegrass, Country and Western

Shopping:

Abingdon - Kegley & Company

Richlands - Walmart

Entertainment:

Abingdon - Barter Theater

Richlands - Carnival or Auction House

Last Famous Person to visit:

Abingdon - President Barak Obama

Richlands - Ralph Stanley

Favorite Saying:

Abingdon - FALCON AWESOME!!!!!

Richlands - "Hey, we got a Walmart!!"

Dining:

Abingdon - The Tavern

Richlands - Walmart Snack Bar

Favorite Beverage:

Abingon - Cristal Champagne

Richlands -Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer

Favorite Song:

Abingdon - Enter Sandman (The Entrance)

Richlands - Achy Breaky Heart – Billy Ray

Tailgate Entrée:

Abingon - Filet Mignon

Richlands -Chitlins

Beach Destination:

Abingdon - Atlantis Paradise Island, Bahamas

Richlands - Hungry Mother State Park

Weekend Hobby:

Abingdon - South Holston Lake

Richlands - Bingo Night

As you can see, advantage Abingdon. Because we think can, we know we can, and Gosh Darn it! People LOVE US!!! GO FALCONS!!!! :eek:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey when did Abingdon start sports back? The only time they've ever been relevant when none other than The Erik Blevins lead them to a state championship in golf back in the mid 2000's.

Thats in the past? Let me guess you are from nolands and you are trying to fire me up. You and your history post. Guess what, its history. Quite living in the past, live in the present. Presently, the Falcons are getting ready to lay a smack down! Deal with it!:mad:

In light of the big game Friday, I took a couple of days off from this forum. Mainly to reflect on my music and focus on my inner feelings. In doing so, I ask the question: “Falconman, why are you so Abingdon? What makes you proud to be a Falcon?†It was simple, I thought of you Richlands. Lets just do a comparative narrative between the two towns.

Abingdon VS Richlands

Typical Dress:

Abingdon - Business Casual

Richlands -Overalls no shirt or Camouflage

Preferred Music Choice:

Abingdon - Contemporary Classical

Richlands - Bluegrass, Country and Western

Shopping:

Abingdon - Kegley & Company

Richlands - Walmart

Entertainment:

Abingdon - Barter Theater

Richlands - Carnival or Auction House

Last Famous Person to visit:

Abingdon - President Barak Obama

Richlands - Ralph Stanley

Favorite Saying:

Abingdon - FALCON AWESOME!!!!!

Richlands - "Hey, we got a Walmart!!"

Dining:

Abingdon - The Tavern

Richlands - Walmart Snack Bar

Favorite Beverage:

Abingon - Cristal Champagne

Richlands -Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer

Favorite Song:

Abingdon - Enter Sandman (The Entrance)

Richlands - Achy Breaky Heart – Billy Ray

Tailgate Entrée:

Abingon - Filet Mignon

Richlands -Chitlins

Beach Destination:

Abingdon - Atlantis Paradise Island, Bahamas

Richlands - Hungry Mother State Park

Weekend Hobby:

Abingdon - South Holston Lake

Richlands - Bingo Night

As you can see, advantage Abingdon. Because we think can, we know we can, and Gosh Darn it! People LOVE US!!! GO FALCONS!!!! :eek:

i cant wait till we roll you guys

Thats in the past? Let me guess you are from nolands and you are trying to fire me up. You and your history post. Guess what, its history. Quite living in the past, live in the present. Presently, the Falcons are getting ready to lay a smack down! Deal with it!:mad:

You've got to be kidding!!!! Richlands is loaded and the only team that will give them a game on this end of the state is Cave Springs. By half time Richlands will be up by 40+ points and their 2nd team and jv will finish the game.

By the way, I'm not from Richlands, just someone reading the thread and couldn't believe the smack you're talking!!

You have proved that the vast majority of the Abingdonites can't think objectively for themselves, something the majority of us already knew. It is obvious that you are trying to copy Lil Leonard's comparison of W & C College and UVA-Wise. Hope the Yokum boys see this.

i cant wait till we roll you guys
If you think you are intimidating, you're NOT! We have no fear! Bring on the Naders! Thats the problem, with other teams you guys play, they are scared, we are NOT! We also have a special band performance for you guys. Tomorrow is going to be electrifying, hard hitting, battle between 2 great teams. But don't forget the battle of the bands! We will be laying a beat down on them too! Edited by Falconman

You have proved that the vast majority of the Abingdonites can't think objectively for themselves, something the majority of us already knew. It is obvious that you are trying to copy Lil Leonard's comparison of W & C College and UVA-Wise. Hope the Yokum boys see this.

Leonard wishes he was Falconman, and so do you. Abingdon 1, rest of ya ZERO!

If you think you are intimidating, you're NOT! We have no fear! Bring on the Naders! Thats the problem, with other teams you guys play, they are scared, we are NOT! We also have a special band performance for you guys. Tomorrow is going to be electrifying, hard hitting, battle between 2 great teams. But don't forget the battle of the bands! We will be laying a beat down on them too!

Who gives a rats a-- about the freaking band? Richlands will name it on you. I'm going too and going to laugh my a$$ off when you get beat!

I do show my face, everytime I post. Look over to your left, see it, yes there it is, a FALCON!! I represent one of the Falcons Baby!!! I can't help it that Abingdon is another game of the week and Marion is not. hahaha:D

Lancey,

You've not seen the Mighty FALCON Marching Band perform this year. Trust me, we have "recruited" some members and they have made all the difference. No, our band is a FORCE to be reckon with, we are that 12th MAN! I hope you come & see how intimidating the Falcon Band is. Its a Sight!

Edited by Falconman

lol...here's one you forgot:

Football:

Abingdon - the band at halftime

Richlands - winning state

Richlands band is better anyway...sorry.

This ^^^ was funny. I don't care who you are, that was funny. Now, if you'll excuse me, my table is ready here at The Tavern.

Lancey,

You've not seen the Mighty FALCON Marching Band perform this year. Trust me, we have "recruited" some members and they have made all the difference. No, our band is a FORCE to be reckon with, we are that 12th MAN! I hope you come & see how intimidating the Falcon Band is. Go Falcons!

Are our band members being recruited now? Come on its the only thing us G-Men have left haha

For once I am looking forward to this weekend's Whine Editon. I wonder how many excuses "The Falconman" and his co-horts will come up with after they get their Falconbutt feathers plucked. Many we should get a POOL up on how many excuses they can come up with.

Richlands band is better anyway...sorry.

I'm not so sure about that anymore. 5-6 years ago, it wouldn't be a question...Richlands was the best band in SWVA. Now, I haven't seen there show this year, so I cant comment on that...but Richlands band membership and quality has been on a steady decline over the past 3-4 years.

if some strange portal to another universe opens up and Abingdon somehow wins this game, we will never hear the end of it.

I know, that's why I'm keeping my mouth shut. lol But I'm afraid its too late, with everyone, except for Abingdon fans, predicting Richlands in a blowout.

I know, that's why I'm keeping my mouth shut. lol But I'm afraid its too late, with everyone, except for Abingdon fans, predicting Richlands in a blowout.

If Abingdon wins I'll douse myself in gasoline and set myself on fire at the Exxon station in Abingdom....jus sayin