The Tale of the Tape – Falcons vs Blonaders!

Falconman

Believe me, we all know that all Abingdon and Washington co people are not like this guy.

Most of us don't pay any attention to him. I just LOVE to have fun with him. He's just a kid or Kids that love their team and just go over the top sometimes. I love it when they post. They never say anything that really hurts, they are just having fun with everyone !

Thanks, yes I know its kids but have to admit sometimes it boils my blood.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all if you're gonna talk it, you don't say "I hate to say it but. . . . .", you just simply say it ,u D.A! ahaha

Listen man, I love going back n forth with ya and having a little fun, but you don't need to get to the point were you are calling someone a DA. You want to talk about how the Falcons are going to beat Richlands and how Richlands is a hick town compared to Abingdon, hey we're big boys and that's fine, but don't go personal with the DA comments.....uncalled for.

I don't know the guy from adam and I'm sure that he doesn't need me taking up for him, but it starting to go overboard with these type of comments.

You could have stopped at the part " just say it " and left the u D.A part out of it.

He's just a kid or Kids that love their team and just go over the top sometimes.

....I would think you're a little bit gullible if you believe that. He knows his team has no chance in hell. He's a typical teenage smart a**. As I've said before, he's probably a geek that hates jocks and is looking forward to the a** kicking the Abingdon football team is about to receive.

If you think you are intimidating, you're NOT! We have no fear! Bring on the Naders! Thats the problem, with other teams you guys play, they are scared, we are NOT! We also have a special band performance for you guys. Tomorrow is going to be electrifying, hard hitting, battle between 2 great teams. But don't forget the battle of the bands! We will be laying a beat down on them too!

you think gate city was intimidated by richlands...they beat them last year im pretty sure...they weren't intimidated, richlands was just better...you all might not be intimidated right now either...wait till half time when its 50 to 0

I was at Goerge Wythe too and thought that was their best performance of the year. I was also at JMU later in the year when they got the loudest, and only standing ovation of the day. There were many bands there from at least three states.

Yep, I was at the JMU comp that same year, and I remember there being some really good bands there (E.C. Glass is one that sticks in my mind) but RHS definitely got the best ovation.

....I would think you're a little bit gullible if you believe that. He knows his team has no chance in hell. He's a typical teenage smart a**. As I've said before, he's probably a geek that hates jocks and is looking forward to the a** kicking the Abingdon football team is about to receive.

I don't have any idea who they are, and maybe I am very gullible. I don't know, they could be adults just trying to get a rise out of everyone, but until I know, I will treat them as if they are what I think they are.

2001 was a funny year for SWVA bands. It was Graham's strongest band in quite some time, and it was Richlands's weakest band in quite some time. Perhaps I'm biased, but I thought Graham's execution and musicianship surpassed Richlands's for that 1 year.

When Richlands won at Lonesome Pine that year, I couldn't believe it. Even after rewatching the tapes of both, I couldn't believe it. Richlands's score (94.1) for "Civil War" was higher than their score for "The Planets" (93.6) the year before, when IMHO "The Planets" was executed considerably better.

But TBQH, no one was beating Richlands after what happened on September 11, with the patriotic theme in "Civil War" that Richlands had. It was very powerful, and still well performed, given what I said above. A bittersweet molding of music and world events.

Which show did GHS preform in 2001? I cant quite remember...not to say it wasn't memorable, but high school is just a blur to me at this point. I can barely remember the shows we preformed when I was in high school.

I wouldn't doubt if GHS had a better show that year, I would say the emotions definitely helped our scores that season. I remember looking up and seeing people crying in the stands after we preformed that show. Some people even asked if we planned it that way, but what they didn't realize is the show had been in the works since January of that year...if not before.

I always loved the Lonsome Pine Band Festival and the George Wythe Competition. Those were fun times battling it out with the GHS band. Always a fun rivalry.

Falconboy, I know how you and Southbond are, you guys make me laugh sometimes. Didn't take it personal at all.

Thanks Bigrhsfan for the comments and dialogue. Even though I'm a Washington County native, I'll be pulling for you guys tomorrow night.

Don't think I could stomach if Abingdon won.

Falconboy, I know how you and Southbond are, you guys make me laugh sometimes. Didn't take it personal at all.

Thanks Bigrhsfan for the comments and dialogue. Even though I'm a Washington County native, I'll be pulling for you guys tomorrow night.

Don't think I could stomach if Abingdon won.

Your welcome, but I'm not an administrator on this forum and I should not have acted like I was. I think maybe parsons is right and I may be a little gullible and should just keep my big trap shut.

I think I'll take a little vacation from the board and rethink some of the things I write.

Good luck to all the teams this week and stay healthy !

Our Defense isn't a joke, its a for real. There'll be no blow out here (got to minimize big plays). Our school is hungry, our fans are ready, its going to be a big night for the Falcons and the guys in camo (which is apalling never would you see a falcon in that attire) in the stands will have to pull out their red hankercheifs wipe the tears. This is Falcon Hill for crying out LOUD!!!

#1. Noone really knows about your Defense. You have played PH (no disrespect ph) and J.I. Burton in rain. that considerably slowed their pass attack. So you have technically proved nothing to anyone about your defense.

#2. Your school is hungry? So is ours. Except we want a State Championship, something you dont have. There will be big plays. Its impossible to stop all of Richlands weapons. Johnson, Strong, Overton, Lockhart. It never ends. When you shut one down, another steps up.

#3. I'm willing to bet that there will be a sea of blue, not camo, in the away stands.

#4. Falcon Hill intimidates....noone. Nothing about that place scares anyone in the least bit lol.

I hope for you guys sake it stays close. Cause if it isn't...you man never hear the end of it. And not just from RHS fans. Looks like everyone is against you guys. JMHO.

Which show did GHS preform in 2001? I cant quite remember...not to say it wasn't memorable, but high school is just a blur to me at this point. I can barely remember the shows we preformed when I was in high school.

I wouldn't doubt if GHS had a better show that year, I would say the emotions definitely helped our scores that season. I remember looking up and seeing people crying in the stands after we preformed that show. Some people even asked if we planned it that way, but what they didn't realize is the show had been in the works since January of that year...if not before.

I always loved the Lonsome Pine Band Festival and the George Wythe Competition. Those were fun times battling it out with the GHS band. Always a fun rivalry.

Sure it was a fun rivalry, you always kicked our asses! ;)

Those were great times, though. Some of the best of my life on those October Saturdays.

Graham performed Riverdance in 2001. Just like with any team, a band has to have good chemistry to perform well. Something about the chemistry clicked that fall: we didn't have as much overall talent as we did in 2000 (probably the most overall talent we had at my time there) or 2002, but the show was tailored to our strengths (low brass, upper woodwinds). A great band camp, a great season. We won at George Wythe that year, which was memorable.

We had planned to do our Gladiator show in 2001, but we changed it during the summer due to some concerns of the strength of our high brass (a trademark of Graham's band, if you will). We did Gladiator in 2002, which bombed worse than I'd have ever imagined. Fall 2002 was not a good year for the GHS Band. Sure, we won at Lonesome Pine, but that was because Richlands wasn't there.

In light of the big game Friday, I took a couple of days off from this forum. Mainly to reflect on my music and focus on my inner feelings. In doing so, I ask the question: “Falconman, why are you so Abingdon? What makes you proud to be a Falcon?†It was simple, I thought of you Richlands. Lets just do a comparative narrative between the two towns.

Abingdon VS Richlands

Typical Dress:

Abingdon - Business Casual

Richlands -Overalls no shirt or Camouflage

Preferred Music Choice:

Abingdon - Contemporary Classical

Richlands - Bluegrass, Country and Western

Shopping:

Abingdon - Kegley & Company

Richlands - Walmart

Entertainment:

Abingdon - Barter Theater

Richlands - Carnival or Auction House

Last Famous Person to visit:

Abingdon - President Barak Obama

Richlands - Ralph Stanley

Favorite Saying:

Abingdon - FALCON AWESOME!!!!!

Richlands - "Hey, we got a Walmart!!"

Dining:

Abingdon - The Tavern

Richlands - Walmart Snack Bar

Favorite Beverage:

Abingon - Cristal Champagne

Richlands -Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer

Favorite Song:

Abingdon - Enter Sandman (The Entrance)

Richlands - Achy Breaky Heart – Billy Ray

Tailgate Entrée:

Abingon - Filet Mignon

Richlands -Chitlins

Beach Destination:

Abingdon - Atlantis Paradise Island, Bahamas

Richlands - Hungry Mother State Park

Weekend Hobby:

Abingdon - South Holston Lake

Richlands - Bingo Night

As you can see, advantage Abingdon. Because we think can, we know we can, and Gosh Darn it! People LOVE US!!! GO FALCONS!!!! :eek:

Dress: Isn't business casual so 1990s?

Music: The only Americans who listen to contemporary classical are artsy posers, who don't know the classics.

Shopping: Is Kegley and Co. where a wanna be goes who can't shop at Nordstrom's

Entertainment: The Barter is nice, but not everyone digs plays.

Beverage: Watch too many rap videos? Christal is not Dom.

Tailgate Entree: I would rather have ribs, barbecue or a killer cheese burger. Filet is wanna be food.

Beach Destination: Again the wanna be picks the wanna be choice. Give me Kiawah, Destin, Fiji.

Weekend Hobby: Isn't Falconman's weekend hobby blowing smoke. Mine is to go and watch a little football.

Come chat with me when you have some real life experience instead of you Yuppie delusion.

In light of the big game Friday, I took a couple of days off from this forum. Mainly to reflect on my music and focus on my inner feelings. In doing so, I ask the question: “Falconman, why are you so Abingdon? What makes you proud to be a Falcon?†It was simple, I thought of you Richlands. Lets just do a comparative narrative between the two towns.

Abingdon VS Richlands

Typical Dress:

Preferred Music Choice:

Shopping:

Richlands - Walmart

Entertainment:

Favorite Saying:

Dining:

Abingdon - The Tavern

Favorite Beverage:

Favorite Song:

Tailgate Entrée:

Abingon - Filet Mignon

Richlands -Chitlins

Beach Destination:

Weekend Hobby:

Richlands - Bingo Night

As you can see, advantage Abingdon. Because we think can, we know we can, and Gosh Darn it! People LOVE US!!! GO FALCONS!!!! :eek:

Hey falconboy I'm not from richlands but there a little more high class than the Walmart Deli they do have a Shoneys you know. LOL

Explain to me once again why you are talking on this thread about Damascus? Where is that again? ahaha Can't find it on my GPS.

maybe you cannot find it on your gps because you are so high in the clouds that you cannot see it. i know there are a lot more good people in that part of the state with better manners than those from your town in the sticks. at least we do not have to drive to bristol to shop unlike you guys who do not have much in the way of anything in that town.

Abingdon VS Richlands

Typical Dress:

Preferred Music Choice:

Shopping:

Richlands - Walmart

Entertainment:

Favorite Saying:

Dining:

Abingdon - The Tavern

Favorite Beverage:

Favorite Song:

Tailgate Entrée:

Abingon - Filet Mignon

Richlands -Chitlins

Beach Destination:

Weekend Hobby:

Richlands - Bingo Night

we will se w\hos talking tomorrow

There is an Exxon in Richlands....

heck i am from blfd and i dont see anything wrong with richlands it is a very nice town just a bit out of the way but nice. would rather spend time in richlands area than in abingdon. and one thing they left out is the breaks interstate park not to far from richlands what a senic place to visit. better than the barter which is older than dirt and me i went there way back in the early 70's and it has never inpressed me at all. would rather be outdoors than indoors at the barter. so give richlands the upper hand in all aspects of community and pride in comunity.