Falcon Alert: Recruiting

southbound

Someone told me after the game Friday that they heard the coaches at Richlands would be recruiting next week. I just found out that they are off this week. Watch out tonight they will be out in full force trying to take your best players for next year. We have all seen this act before! I know they will be at the Abingdon-Tazewell game tonight trying to get our guys again. :eek:

Someone told me after the game Friday that they heard the coaches at Richlands would be recruiting next week. I just found out that they are off this week. Watch out tonight they will be out in full force trying to take your best players for next year. We have all seen this act before! I know they will be at the Abingdon-Tazewell game tonight trying to get our guys again. :eek:

Why would they want Abingdon guys?:D

Last I heard they were headed to Alcoa and Maryville tonight with Deeds to houses and titles to 2010 vehicles. They also have some great jobs lined up for parents. If all goes as expected Richlands enrollment would certainly shoot up but they want to stay in D3 so they will dump their excess baggage off in the Falcon Sink Hole.

TOO LATE! Southbound, Richlands already has Tazewell's best player, and they tried to get Hess from Abingdon last year..... They even took the BIG out of Big Creek man.... it's a crying shame....

Why would they want Abingdon guys?:D

Last I heard they were headed to Alcoa and Maryville tonight with Deeds to houses and titles to 2010 vehicles. They also have some great jobs lined up for parents. If all goes as expected Richlands enrollment would certainly shoot up but they want to stay in D3 so they will dump their excess baggage off in the Falcon Sink Hole.

You are exactly right! They line these parents up with jobs and get good athletes. What a tragedy for teams losing players? Stay away from other teams players! :mad:

C'MON MAN!!!!!!

Richlands JV team would have beaten Abingdons Varsity. They dont need to recruit to do it......... and even if they were recruiting...I promise that an Abingdon game would be the last place they'd go.

I will say this though...If Im in Big Creek, WV...and I'm a good football player... there is no way in h@## that I'm staying in Big Creek. I'm taking my butt to a good football school. The same for the QB that came from Tazewell. He knew it would be a long year if he stayed, so why not do whats best for you, and go somewhere where you can get noticed. Thats not recruiting by Richlands, its a kid and his parents doing whats best for the kid. What kid in that area wouldnt want to play for Richlands or Bluefield.

Frank "The Tank" Daughtery has been more like Daughtry (the band) according to Frank the tank Richlands JV is going to play Boise State in the National Championship Game I know I've already got my tickets for Capital One Bowl Week....

Nothing wrong with Lebroning it up to a school where you don't have to be the best player... I just don't like concept of the SWVA and WV All Star Teams man call me old school, but I always wanted to be the best player on my team and I always wanted be the underdog and beat those stacked teams...

Edited by eastboundanddown

Frank "The Tank" Daughtery has been more like Daughtry (the band) according to Frank the tank Richlands JV is going to play Boise State in the National Championship Game I know I've already got my tickets for Capital One Bowl Week....

Nothing wrong with Lebroning it up to a school where you don't have to be the best player... I just don't like concept of the SWVA and WV All Star Teams man call me old school, but I always wanted to be the best player on my team and I always wanted be the underdog and beat those stacked teams...

Same here, but Kids today are more concerned with getting recruited than ever before. It's not like it was 10-20 years ago. Not saying that Richlands isnt a group of team players, but players today in general are more concerned with the name on the back of the jersey. Theres nothing wrong with that, a kid should do whats best for their future. A good player at Richlands will get scouted/recruited long before a great player in a small school, especially one that isnt very good.

I agree with you somewhat, but look at it like this. With the way things are now, almost every kid at any school that is worth a d is going to get looked at. Because the net, email, text, it's not like it used to be with recruiting contacts and word of mouth. I can't comment on schools with name's on the back of their jerseys haha every school I went to, and pull for can't afford to put them on there. It's like in college, kids are going to smaller schools to be greater individuals than great teams. They'd rather be a one or two and done rather than go 4 years to a great team and win championships. It's all about the individual man,stats over wins, scholarships over championships.... kind of makes me sick in a way. I definately agree that things aren't the same though it's so watered down and divisional play, and until we get a classification system it's gonna be that way. Think of all the great teams in the past, that could have made it and won something with dvisional play.

It was in 1982 and it was for the Green Wave.

*whew* Feels good to get that off my chest.

So you played for Grundy and they recruited you to Richlands. Wow! This was going on in 1982 and they are still doing it today. When is someone going to step up and Stop It! This isn't fair. :mad:

So you played for Grundy and they recruited you to Richlands. Wow! This was going on in 1982 and they are still doing it today. When is someone going to step up and Stop It! This isn't fair. :mad:

Actually, I had played previously for the Cedar Bluff Blue Devils. Personally, I think that the rivalry between the two incorporated municipalities in western Tazewell County is absolutely germane to this conversation.

Actually, I had played previously for the Cedar Bluff Blue Devils. Personally, I think that the rivalry between the two incorporated municipalities in western Tazewell County is absolutely germane to this conversation.

What? I don't really understand this. You are the first person from Tazewell County that seems smart. This looks like a foreign language to me. Speaking of that, I better get to class. :(

It was in 1982 and it was for the Green Wave.

*whew* Feels good to get that off my chest.

I too was recruited by the Raven Crimson Tide when I attended Highlight Acadamy. Coach came to visit me at school and everything.

#1 - Anyone who honestly thinks Richlands needs to "recruit" these kids isn't very smart. Just look at what they have (facilities, coaching staff, community support)... "Build it and they will come"

#2 - The kids that have transferred in will leave here as better football players. Richlands has the best coaching staff they have ever had, and in my opinion it's one of the best in the state. And they aren't a "know it all" staff either. They are always trying to become better coaches just as they kids try to become better players.

This just in "Mike Compton was recruited from the Baptist Valley Tigers to play at Richlands High School" with the promise of a D1 scholarship to West Virginia University and a professional opportunity with the Detroit Lions and New England Patriots. We also heard that he was promised two Super Bowl Rings for playing for Coaches Bruce Evans and Billy Haun if he would play all four years at Richlands. More on this story as it developes!

it might not go on like some people say it does, but i know two guys that im friends with that recieved phone calls about coming there...maybe they didn't offer them anything, but they did make calls about how they would like to have them or whatever....i dont know, this may go on with all coaches, but this is all i know of...anyone else hear of stuff like this going on

I too was recruited by the Raven Crimson Tide when I attended Highlight Acadamy. Coach came to visit me at school and everything.

#1 - Anyone who honestly thinks Richlands needs to "recruit" these kids isn't very smart. Just look at what they have (facilities, coaching staff, community support)... "Build it and they will come"

#2 - The kids that have transferred in will leave here as better football players. Richlands has the best coaching staff they have ever had, and in my opinion it's one of the best in the state. And they aren't a "know it all" staff either. They are always trying to become better coaches just as they kids try to become better players.

Hey Big D, I wonder where all this money is that our town is suppose to have....LOL ! All this talk about offers of a new house and a better job, I mean that shows the intelligence of some of the posters on this subject ! Jobs......in Richlands, I wish they could tell us where all these great jobs are !

I don't think that even they believe most of this stuff they put on here. They just want to get people fired up. They can't find anything good to say about their own program so the next best thing is to talk bad about another.

I wonder what their excuse was before last year on why we kicked their tail ? I'm sure they'll find one.

man I get sick of hearing about this recruiting crap if Richlands was doing anything wrong the VHSL would have already done something about it southbound and falconwoman are just mad cause they cant touch the blues get over oh by the way rumor is Marion has boy transferring here next year from Texas that was all state just sayin

C'MON MAN!!!!!!

Richlands JV team would have beaten Abingdons Varsity. They dont need to recruit to do it......... and even if they were recruiting...I promise that an Abingdon game would be the last place they'd go.

I will say this though...If Im in Big Creek, WV...and I'm a good football player... there is no way in h@## that I'm staying in Big Creek. I'm taking my butt to a good football school. The same for the QB that came from Tazewell. He knew it would be a long year if he stayed, so why not do whats best for you, and go somewhere where you can get noticed. Thats not recruiting by Richlands, its a kid and his parents doing whats best for the kid. What kid in that area wouldnt want to play for Richlands or Bluefield.

There are other reasons Lockhart left Tazewell...Wasn't recruited that I can say for sure.

I hate to see players leave just because they want to play for another team, but in some cases I understand.

As far as the Johnson boys, Big Creek was shutting down so why not go somewhere that you have a chance to move on to bigger and better things

I am one of the last people to defend Richlands and I can't say I know everything that goes on, but it helps to have all the facts first

oh by the way rumor is Marion has boy transferring here next year from Texas that was all state just sayin

He was until Richlands caught wind of it and made him a better offer.